The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Talents  (Read 433 times)

Xirion

Talents
« on: August 14, 2007, 07:15:54 am »
Hi there,

I have a question about paladins again, hehe.
When do I get talents? I thought every to levels (1,3,5,7...) but I havent got any at lvl 5

Thanks for reading
Xirion

LynnJuniper

Re: Talents
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 07:27:55 am »
laughs loud.

Have you decided to spec Protectadin, Healadin, or Retradin? :D.

Alright, now seriously: I'm not sure if you're mistaking the way NWN does things with the way World of Warcraft does things, but its a little different. Here, every level you get skill points, and every five levels you get a feat. I'm not too sure what you mean by talents, as well....NWN/D&D Doesn't have any...

Do you mean Stat points? (STR, DEX, CON etc?) Cause with that I'm really not too sure and will just defer it to someone else ;)

Or did you mean the special ones? (Lay on hands, Smite Evil, etc?)

...I've been playing too much WoW Lately..don't hurt me :(

s0ulz

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 07:35:26 am »
*cough* You get a feat every three levels (not accounting bonus feats).

Anyway, everything there is to know about NWN Paladins, can be read here:

Paladin - NWNWiki

So have a read and ask away if you get any other questions.

There is no talent system in NWN...

Chazzler

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 07:45:14 am »
And the physical traits get 1 point to put in one of them at every four levels.

Xirion

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 07:45:28 am »
Hey, I have never played WoW, and the word talent is again a wrong translation (my fault, I play the german version), feats is the right word, sorry!

Now I now atributse are raised every 4lvls
and skillpoints were clear aswell

My fault was simply I thought I would get a "feat" every 2 levels but thanks for the clarification that it is every three lvls, I was confused because my other char is a fighter maybe...

s0ulz

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 08:03:50 am »
Quote from: Xirion
Hey, I have never played WoW, and the word talent is again a wrong translation (my fault, I play the german version), feats is the right word, sorry!

Now I now atributse are raised every 4lvls
and skillpoints were clear aswell

My fault was simply I thought I would get a "feat" every 2 levels but thanks for the clarification that it is every three lvls, I was confused because my other char is a fighter maybe...

Exactomundo my German speaking friend. Regular feats come every three levels (exception is 1st, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21...).

Now fighters get these feats and in addition a bonus feat every second level (read: every even level like 2nd, 4th and so on) from the Fighter Bonus Feat list...

So yeah.. getting a feat is a happy day :)

Xirion

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 08:19:40 am »
Yes in german they are called "talente"
And somehow I must have forgot that its called feats (usually I know that, maybe it was one cup of coffe that was missing)

Thanks for the help, so I am looking forward to my next lvl now!

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 09:03:32 am »
Quote from: Xirion
Yes in german they are called "talente"

They are? *snickers* j/k

Has been years I played with my german version of nwn. Never was a fan of an english envoriment with a german interface here and there ;)

Enjoy your pala. And after all if you need to know anything, poke me ;)

Xirion

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 09:15:09 am »
Neither am I...
but my first NWN got lost when I moved into my new flat and so I had to buy this all-in-one-box. I am enjoying him,but it can be anoying if you try to make holy water with a 40% chance and have only one bless spell :mad: