The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: True Seeing:  (Read 206 times)

Krell Himmler

True Seeing:
« on: January 24, 2008, 08:48:33 pm »
Any way to get true seeing that isn't with the spell, that is wands, items and so forth.

Pseudonym

Re: True Seeing:
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:03:24 pm »
There is but not readily found (& I think the lvl requirement would be pretty steep).

BUT ... what a small price to pay for the sartorial elegance of the black robe!

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 09:13:37 pm »
Like Pseudo says, "not readily found." Really, if there's a PC out there who has an item that gives them (continuous) True Sight, it's news to me. You can make scrolls of True Sight, maybe even gems... not sure, I'm don't play an infuser.... but either way they're one shot items that produce an effect just like the spell.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 09:25:55 pm »
No gems... I am about 99.9% positive.

Pibemanden

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 09:35:11 pm »
You can't make gems, but the mirrors of true reflection gives 10 charges of true seeing.

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 11:33:12 pm »
There are some items out there as major plot quest rewards (Think Bloodwell), or perhaps rare epic drops that cast the spell once per day, or perhaps as ECDQ/WLDQ rewards.

None of these are 'continuous' to my knowledge, that would probably be too powerful of an item in Layo.

darkstorme

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 11:41:07 pm »
The highest level wand that can be created, I believe, is level 5 - firebrand.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no item in game that grants continuous True Seeing.  The spell lasts so long when cast, however, that most casters really have no need of augmentation. :)

Edit:  I stand corrected.  Significant level requirement, though, and I don't know where it came from.

Acacea

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 04:06:48 am »
Yeah, I can't think of anything that grants constant true seeing, just a couple of high power reward/drops that grant per/day uses. Scrolls and the craftable mirror is the best shot.

Krell Himmler

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 05:35:06 am »
I mean through charges as well, not only through constant true seeing ^^.

How much would one cost and where would someone get one from :D

Pibemanden

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 05:56:51 am »
Scrolls are generally priced around 10.000 while the mirror well I would sell you one for 80.000 or more, I am not really sure since it is really expensive material wise to make...

Hellblazer

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 12:50:08 pm »
I am sure myself (rain is an infuser) that the true sight can not be made, I don't remember seeing it in the recipes at all.

Crunch

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 06:55:18 pm »
Mirror of true reflections is in there.  If I remember right it is under a rather obscure heading.  More inportantly it takes something like 3 or 4 rod 4's.  Net result is that you will be spending a very long time digging sand in the desert for the occassional TS.  Might be worth it to have an emergency source of TS in case you get stuck somewhere you're likely to get hit by Weird and your cleric gets killed, but I can't see relying on these mirrors for everyday adventuring.

If you just want to see those annoying giants in the desert before they scorch your fancy armor, the gnomish lenses provide  See Invisibility for a short period that resets every rest period.

Pibemanden

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 07:13:20 pm »
It is under level 5 wands, takes as Crunch said four rod IV, one enchanted ruby, five dusts of appearance, three true sight spell and four essences of sight.

anything