The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Weapon master training.  (Read 220 times)

Weapon master training.
« on: September 20, 2010, 01:21:19 pm »
Alright, so I'm taking my barbarian on a slow evolution toward Weapon master. Will only be able to take my last feat needed at level 18. I found someone who is willing to train him, but now I'm confused on what the training should be about.

Reading this thread here about an other weapon master submission, it seems that Ki is not chi. So what should the training of a weapon master be like?

Also about cdj's. I'm really not a writer and I was wondering what would be okay in a cdj. Been told that screen shots and logs should be added, can I just go like?

Today trained alone on a dummy

*Screen shot*

*Logs*

The following users thanked this post: willhoff

Hellblazer

Weapon master training.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 11:49:54 pm »

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filatus
               View Post

The lore on "chi" has been specifically written up with the monk in mind, not the weapon master. There is as far as I know, no link between the two. I think you could consider Ki as a form as energy linkage, where the Weaponmaster performs a technique where the energy of the movements of every limb from his feet to the hands that hold the sword, are passed into the single strike with the sword.

This is how I trained Feh's student ever since the definition that was given to Ki strikes, and Ki critical. The transfer of the the kinetic energy from one part of the body to an other from feet to leg to waist, torso, shoulder, elbow sword, with the weight transfer, and tensioning the muscles just after the impact, to simulate the technique of punching through the body, and not stopping at the body.

I have to agree with you Ycleption. The concept if Ki for the monks and WM gave a real asian/eastern style possibility of play that I loved. I was sadden to see it being peeled off.

RollinsCat

Re: Weapon master training.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 10:19:38 pm »
//missing post ID (incomplete)

1704763 / ycleption

anything