The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: what now?  (Read 449 times)

Kaail

what now?
« on: September 21, 2009, 10:52:15 am »
i have managed to get a character approved, so now what? any tips as to what I should do because this is my first time on layonara. im in port hempstead by the way

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Zoogmunch

ycleption

Re: what now?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 11:08:17 am »
Explore, (but stay to the roads). Look at the server status or the player list, and see who's on-line, send a tell to someone and introduce yourself. There are a few quests you can find in Port Hempstead, but you'll need a friend or two to help you.
Join Layo's IRC channel to help you find others to play with.
Look at the calendar and see if there are events for you to join. (I see there's a DM Quest later that's open to low levels, if you want to jump straight in).

Good luck!
~ycleption

P.S, if you see me in game, feel free to saend me a tell with any questions or to ask for help.

Edit: Oh, you don't have any death penalties for your first few levels. Use that and enjoy it. I strongly encourage you test your character and to die a lot.

mixafix

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 11:10:32 am »
As an idea you might try and take a look around the town, watch for other players, RP your arrival and information seeking in game - hopefully you will learn things that will help. Your PC might try and join a group or enlist help to explore etc.

Knowing how tough something is before tackling it is well worth the trouble on this server. Though at the lowest levels it is more forgiving on exploration. Personally I'd recommend getting in tow with other players though to get the most out of it. Hopefully people will watch for your PC just by your post here!

**and what was said above..posted as I was preparing!**

Zoogmunch

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 11:58:26 am »
Look fer a purple dwarf singing about the place as i'm always happy ter help with the local gossip, drinking, carousing and if yer twist me arm showing yer around a bit so yer dont get smooshed too much.
Me first song is fer free, personal songs are at leat 5 true but i can immortalise yer in a grand saga fer about a 100 true ( which yer probably aint got so i'll help yer find it loike).

Welcome ter the world, wont yer come on in, miracles i've seen.......etc

Rockhead Howling Wolf

Kaail

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 02:30:24 am »
what's true?

darkstorme

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 03:31:30 am »
Voici - Layonara's currency.