The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Work Permit for a Giant  (Read 355 times)

RollinsCat

Work Permit for a Giant
« on: November 30, 2010, 11:01:43 am »
Andrew would like to explore getting a Mariner's Hold work permit for Gurnorhn so his giant friend can safely enter the city and live at/help with security at the Buckle as his time and inclination permits.

What steps would he have to take to secure access for his not-currently-welcome guild mate?

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Work Permit for a Giant
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 04:14:41 pm »
Stealing him from the Tower, eh?  :P

Rowana

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 10:46:10 am »
This should largely be an RP development for your group but not something that requires GM involvement (at least it didn't last time it was needed). Some palms should be weighted with true to get things started and after that it should be a matter of not causing a lot of trouble, especially since the place in question is dock side. A fair amount of the "odder individuals" would be a usual sight there, as the ships employ all sorts of people for their heavy lifting and such.

Just as a side note for future reference, orcish, wemic or goblinoid would probably be a much harder sell.

~row

RollinsCat

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 01:29:09 pm »
thank you, if a gm wants to come up with whatever true is needed to grease palms, Andrew will cover the bill - just let me know.

//greasing completed.  *waggles eyebrows*

RollinsCat

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 08:59:15 pm »
Repeating this exercise, this time for a different guy - looking to get a permit for Gunther to ah, act as a heavy lifter-slash-clinic attendant at the Buckle, thanks!

lonnarin

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 12:05:50 am »
Work Permits for monstrous humanoids in Mariner's Hold?  I think you may have already met the man for that...

Gunther

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 12:17:14 am »
In all fairness, though not a world leader, Gunther has been around for a long time and has been on dozens, if not scores of quests.  Every one of them, he was a force for good.  He has also associated with and been on quests with a large majority of notable World Leaders.  I dont think I could even name them all, to be honest.

Would it be out of the question that he be the exception to the rule?  He was working in Hempstead, for example, smithing for years before any rules about no halfgiants.  Its pretty much how he got to his current level of smithing.

Now that I think on it some more, Gunther is also pretty recognizable.  Even if here stopped by the guards trying to enter a town, any of them that have been guards for long would probably remember Gunther and usually as a halfgiant that helped their town somehow.  It may not be sufficient to gain entry to a town, but I'd think it reasonable that the guards would at least call someone in authority who could make that call.

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 10:33:20 am »
As was mentioned the last time this came around, it's not that big of a deal for Mariner's Hold. That's not to say Gunther would be embraced by the population, but he wouldn't necessarily be turned away just because of his half-giant heritage. A special "permit" would be required, but it's nothing that really needs GM intervention. Proceeding as before (i.e. greased palms and RP and such) is perfectly fine.

Port Hempstead would be a different matter completely.  For Port Hempstead, Gunther would need to have someone petition the city on his behalf, at which point his deeds and nature and other factors would be evaluated.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 12:04:37 pm »
Don't worry Gunther, Jetta's got Head Councilman Grue's ear in Mariner's Hold.  Assuming the old codger continues his survival-streak and is still alive after the end of the Razorback Syndicate quest series, I'm sure she can talk him into clearing Gunther to work at the Buckle.  If Arelious Witherspoon backs her it's almost a sure thing, I think.  So, you'd just need to hire Jetta's services to speak on your behalf.

Let's make a deal!  :D

anything