The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Yet another GP question  (Read 149 times)

merlin34baseball

Yet another GP question
« on: February 25, 2010, 08:39:39 pm »
Hello All!

I was wondering if the delay in using a potion in combat with a death resulting in a SS loss is redeemable with a GP?

I lost a SS due to the person I was traveling with's familiar dragging a whole spawn to us while I was resting. So I was mobbed by about 10 trolls. They were only doing 6-10 damage a hit so I was slowly dying. I finally decided to just start downing potions until my companion could buff me during the battle and then I could wail on them. I must have clicked on the potion button 20 times and never once drank a potion, while I watched my HPs slowly go away.

So SS loss number 9. I only have one GP left and would rather use it now than on his 10th death. And in reality I havn't really played since then as I was rather upset with the way the loss went down, and I'm hoping this is a use of a GP so I can get back in game!

My thanks for your thoughts,
Merlin34

merlin34baseball

Re: Yet another GP question
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 02:45:49 pm »
So... any ideas? Anyone?

ycleption

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 02:52:40 pm »
While not a game master, looking at all the past threads, irc conversations etc, I think the general answer is go ahead and submit it, and if it gets denied it gets denied, but don't be afraid to submit it.

osxmallard

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 04:13:04 pm »
Yes, I'd say this is reimbursable by GP since you think it was due to combat lag and the potions not taking effect as expected.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 06:21:33 pm »
Thanks for the info.

davidhoff

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 06:28:59 pm »
I would like to add that the other day Tralek was out and had a stack of 10 cure light target potions (green ones) and I went to use them up after a battle (combat music was off and no fighting) to heal myself up; I qued about 4-6 of them all at once.  I just sat there bobing up and down for about 6-7 seconds doing nothing; then finally they all healed at the same time.

I wonder if it is not a good idea to que more than one potion at a time because this "delay result"?  Anyone have any ideas or similar happenings?

Thanks