The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: odd colours in nwn  (Read 920 times)

Makashi

odd colours in nwn
« on: January 01, 2006, 01:03:00 pm »
Whenever I load nwn, the colours on the menu, in game etc are just brown, and black, pretty much anyway, looks sort of like an old western or something, I've tried changing the video settings, resolution etc, and it doesn't help. Anyone had this problem and may be able to help?

Thanks.

Thak

RE: odd colours in nwn
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 06:58:00 am »
Heya ;) Never Experienced that. Best bet is to update your grafix cards drivers.

I find these work splendidly:
http://www.omegadrivers.net/

They are 3rd party custom coded especially for gaming.

Cheers

Ioskeha

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 10:12:00 am »
Check the coloring on your monitor also.  My character Kutya'I has green skin and red hair due to a bad monitor (she's suppose to have light tan skin and brown hair).

Makashi

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 02:33:00 pm »
my guess is it's my latest drivers that caused the problem *sigh*, Monitor is fine on other games, and when I change my resolution in NWN, The cursor does appear normal for a few seconds, until it has fully refreshed the screen. Strange....any help still welcome,

Thak

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 07:07:00 am »
Do try the omega drivers (link up there) then. They helped quite a bit with games. If they dont you can uninstall them very easily.

Makashi

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 07:15:00 am »
done, still pretty much the same, but brighter, but think that was just because of some settings it changed, hmm :(

Thak

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 10:34:00 am »
Hum... Other games and all is fine you say... Hum... Did ye fidget with all the settings ingame, like gamma, vsync, antialias etc. Some might trigger something. When did the trouble arise? I know ye got a new card a few back and it was fine... can ye pinpoint if there was something ye downloaded or installed or changed?
Last resort would be to reinstall NWN but I wouldn't do that until ye tried sum other things. Or if ye have time enuff and dont care to reinstall.

Makashi

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 11:25:00 am »
I'm pretty sure the latest drivers for my card did it, but it could have been a house mate playing with the settings or something, going to have a fiddle and reinstall nwn if it fails, hopefully that will sort it out.

Makashi

Re: odd colours in nwn
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 05:40:06 am »
Re-installed and problems gone :)

anything