The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Boots of the Crag Cat  (Read 259 times)

aragwen

Boots of the Crag Cat
« on: October 14, 2005, 03:52:00 am »
Having looked for boots to make one more sneaky and not finding any I am proposing this new CNR item:
  • 2 Crag Cat Leathers
  • 2 Essences of Grace
  • 1 cloth pattern
  • 1 spool of thread
 Properties: +3 Hide, +3 Move Silently 
  Any comments?

Harlas Ravelkione

RE: Boots of the Crag Cat
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 04:26:00 am »
Since the cloak is made of panther leather, maybe the boots panther as well. Just a thought.

Reventage

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 04:35:00 am »
We already have a large number of items that give you a bonus to Hide and Move Silently. Even as it is now it's quite possible to get these two skills so high that there's practically no chance of you being detected. I really don't see a reason to add more of these.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 04:40:00 am »
For characters acting as scouts there is the reason that they would want equipment that matches their profession as much as possible. They would put great care into choosing the right equipment before setting out on dangerous missions. Mostly an RP reason, but still a valid reason I think.

aragwen

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 04:53:00 am »
I was just thinking crag cat as it makes it slighter harder to find and make. It would also protect the senseless slaughter of panthers.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 05:06:00 am »
... and turn it into senseless slaughter of crag cats. :)

Pankoki

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 05:07:00 am »
Really it doesn't matter what you make them from, I have to agree with Rev here that we already have way too many items to help people increase their move silently and hide skills to the point of ridiculous ranges.
  We have two rings, an amulet, a belt, two cloaks, armour and hoods... 90% of those with the possibility of becoming exceptional items. So yeah we have too many.
  I wouldn't mind however making new items for other skills who are not being used especially for the belt/gloves/boots slots since everyone and their mother has the same three items: Belt of cunning, Ronus boots and Fury gloves.
  So keep giving us your comments but dont bother with hide and move silently because we already have waaaay too many for that.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 05:24:00 am »
True. Just thought that there could not really be too many items available. But of course a load of items available creates a heavy server load. Should probably be more picky... and you forgot the cloak of the Skin trader, which is probably worn by 90% of all players as well.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 06:00:00 am »
Just wondering, if anyone uses the standart Leather Boots, Cloak, Leather Gloves, among other items that don't really have any special attributes other than for RP, because they are part of the random drop list.

Also, there are those gloves, such as Gloves of Discipline, Animal Handling, Swordplay, etc etc. Not sure if anyone uses them, since like it was already pointed out, the Fury gloves are the most common option around...

I'd personally like to see a better variety of helms and cloaks aswell.

Sorry for going off-topic, though i like the other Boots suggestions aswell, specially the Bear ones. :)

KageKeeper

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 06:06:00 am »
Luna wears Gloves of Animal Handling, which makes sense for her of course.

aragwen

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2005, 12:51:00 am »
Fair comment all.
  So here is an alternative that I think at least Xiao would love.
  I know one finds gloves that increase strenght and belts that increase wisdom.
  So how about boots that increase dexterity. We could stick with the same recipe as above,, perhaps just adding an enchanted gem. The boots will than give you +1 dex.
  Comments?

anything