The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Custom Art as furniture placables  (Read 151 times)

Desicardo

Custom Art as furniture placables
« on: July 11, 2006, 11:51:28 pm »
After seeing some of the great custom artwork that Layo type folk have generated I got to thinking.. could this be worked into some type of custom furniture placable like other furniture is built in the craft house?  It would give in game artists something useful to do with their skills.  Custom drawn pictures or paintings could be made and hung inside houses or rooms, giving the room a more personal touch than the standard art sets available through the furniture merchant.  Since the lore parchment function lets messages be imported in game it wouldn't be a far stretch to import a drawing or painting that could be used to form the basis of the art.  The imported art would then be built into a frame on the furniture bench and there you have it, a custom painting to hang on your living room wall.  I am sure I am oversimplifying this, but I am wondering if it would be doable in the long run.

Dorganath

RE: Custom Art as furniture placables
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 06:51:40 am »
Any artwork that appears in-game has to be included into one of our HAK files, and so is not as simple as just sending it in like LORE messages. Those messages actually take an object that's already in-game and alters its description and name based on the contents of the message itself. In addition, any artwork that appears needs to be basically "skinned" onto an object of some sort.
  It sounds neat though, I just don't think there's a practical way of making it happen dynamically.

darkstorme

Re: Custom Art as furniture placables
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 10:36:23 am »
Well... if you disabled clipping, and made a matrix of a million 1-pixel finest resolution objects.... (Just kidding.  Not only am I not sure that would work at all, it would be ludicrously difficult, even if it did.  *L*  Great work on the updates you do manage.)

anything