The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Holy water mass production  (Read 110 times)

Xandor Loriland

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
Holy water mass production
« on: May 06, 2006, 08:26:45 pm »
I think that the restriction of creating only 2 holy water at a time is overly restrictive.  I would like to suggest that this particular item be allowed to be produced and batches of 10 or so at a time.  What I really think would be best would be to remove the limit when the task is trivial.  Leave the limit when XP can be gaine to prevent it from being exploited but once it is trivial mass production should be allowed.  I don't see how this would negatively effect the market since I have never seen an add for anyone wanting to buy it.  I think most people who use it as an end product make it themselves and those who use it for higher items would not have their production significantly increased since there are still limits on those higher items being produced.  Thanks for considering this.

Talan Va'lash

Re: Holy water mass production
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 04:27:11 am »
As well as balancing, the limit represents how many you could really make at a time IC.  Jewelry, bows, weapons, you can really only make these 1 at a time regardless of how good you are.

Holy water however, you just bless the water and put it in a flask.  I don't see any IC reason you cant bless more water, then put it in flasks, or fill 5 flasks and bless them all at once (requiring more divine power represented by the # of spells expended.)

Holy water should be limited at 5 to be consistant with similar items IMO (All potions in alchemy can be made 5 at a time.)

Dorganath

RE: Holy water mass production
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 05:45:32 am »