The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Metal Spikes for Shields?  (Read 244 times)

Blackguy

Metal Spikes for Shields?
« on: March 12, 2006, 08:26:09 am »
How about we did something like diffrent spikes for shields for some ekstra minimum damage.
  Iron +1 ekstra dam on hit
  Ada +2
  Mithril +3
  Perhaps make it so you cant have resistance on the shield aswell if you choose to give it a spike.

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
Re: Metal Spikes for Shields?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 08:33:46 am »
^extra

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 08:34:55 am »
that could be cool for armor too, but i think i read about this somewhere once before and it was decided not to add it in, i could be wrong though.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 07:57:25 pm »
Scripted event for a sheild bash, perhaps?

Not sure how to handle that.

Eloyn

• Followers of Az'atta
    • Followers of Mist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 09:52:07 pm »
on hit..simple thing to do.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 11:29:12 pm »
Acctually a shield bash wouldn't be simple at all.  It is an action that isn't included in the NWN game mechanics, and the NWN feats and such are balanced without it included.  I'm not sure a shield bash action (or feat that allows the action) would be really usefull or desirable in NWN even excluding the technical issues about creating such an action.  You've got knockdown and you can attack with your weapon.

What would be nice would be charges, bull rush and ready acitons.  However things like that, that deal with the core combat mechanics are almost always impossible to script in a desirable manner.  They're possible, but making them work just right often isn't.

----

There's support set up for armor spikes and a bunch of fancy stuff in CNR (paraphrasing forsetti) but it was never put in, and at this point would require a considerable balance and desirability investigation to mesh with the current game.

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 01:35:30 am »
maby just have the shield add +1 to damage for the weapon used... RP it is like your useing a spiked shield... but for the mechanics you do what you need to.

anything