The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Mining and trecutting question  (Read 102 times)

Harloff

Mining and trecutting question
« on: January 10, 2006, 01:35:00 am »
Winthersheart told me that the chances of the deposits/trees disapear are almost doubled if two people mines/cuts instead of one. Due to the script being run twice, is this correct? If so is it intentional or just unavoiable?

Wintersheart

• View Profile
    RE: Mining and trecutting question
    « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 01:49:00 am »
    Not quite how I phrased it but...*sighs*

In my experience when you multiclick (either more than one person or one person clicking several times) on a deposit during lag the chances of it disappearing seems to increase dramatically. Would this be correct?

If so would that be because the script is run several times simultaniously each time checking if the deposit runs out?

Harloff

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 01:53:00 am »
    *grins* he was a bit more certain when he told it to me... But then again if he had formulated it as vaguly at that point I would have asked about it immidiately afterwards...

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 05:26:00 am »
    Each time a tree or ore deposit yields a product (branch/nugget of ore), the spawn has a chance of being depleted.  Now...the point at which these CNR sources give their products occurs when a certain level of damage has been reached, and whoever lands the final blow should receive the CNR.  Now, I'm really unsure as to what would happen if two people landed the last blow at about the same time.  In theory, it shouldn't be depleted any faster than normal, but lag and race conditions can sometimes cause some strange stuff to happen.  But, whether or not a spawn depletes on any given success is still a random chance.  Given the chance for problems, I'm not sure why you would have two people mining/chopping on the same spawn when there's likely another one nearby.
      One last thing to note about these types of CNR.  They are now limited in yield.  In most cases this doesn't matter, but for anyone who has taken the occaisional 20, 30, 40 or more pieces of CNR from a single spawn in the past...well, no longer.  Trees and ores now max out at 10 nuggets/branches, with a slight possibility of 11, if you get that occasional special bonus piece.  This applies to ore and tree branches only.

Harloff

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 05:36:00 am »
    I have seen several people mine the same deposits on several occations, particularly if large groups are present and in order to get the mining three chopping overwith in a hurry all that can mine/chop will do so in order to get fast away from the often quite dangerous areas where the resources are. but in the future i think i will settle with mining one at a deposit at a time.