The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: oils  (Read 101 times)

oils
« on: October 30, 2005, 11:12:00 am »
Given the present existence of various oils in CNR, is it possible to have the same oils be used in the treatment of the various other woods?
This would allow the woods to become more durable, and also strengthen said woods like hickory, oak and mahagony.

RE: oils
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 03:38:00 pm »
In a discussion while driving, I was reminded of a recipe that requires the use of animal blood, oil and coal dust and so I will post it here.

1 animal meat(badger:small; deer:medium; bear:large; great cat:armor)
1 flask of oil(easiest seed oil to the hardest accessible seed oil)
1 lump of coal per size of item

the difficulty was figuring out what use for the blood that went into weapon black.

like a potion, it would be single use expenditure and increase chance to hide, it would decrease in modifier to hide by how many times you hit with your weapon, or your armor was hit.

RE: oils
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 02:21:00 pm »
Another use for oil

Require animal pelts
Instead of immediately curing the pelt for tanning
You would require the use of your skinning knife to carefully scrape the hide to make thin sheets. These sheets would be stretched within a frame and then cured. After curing, the sheets would be treated with acid and oils and the finished product would be vellum.

If anyone has ever seen the movies: Army of Drakness and Children Should Not Play With Dead Things. there is the item, Book of Flesh. Though fictitious, the Book of Flesh, was made from vellum using human skin. Eventually the book dires out, but becomes animated once it is dosed with blood. Morbid I know, but its cool.

anything