The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Small Suggestion  (Read 240 times)

thekevmon

Small Suggestion
« on: June 20, 2006, 02:34:54 pm »
A little suggestion about poison. In Layonara, there are only a few creatures that drop poison crafting materials. I believe these are quasits, liches, ettercaps, and various spiders. To broaden the range a bit, I'm suggesting that scorpion and snake poisons be added to the game. This would give a little more choice to poison crafters of Layonara. Just a small suggestion.

forsettii

• View Profile
    Re: Small Suggestion
    « Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 08:14:40 am »
    When Bioware added the Poison function in the game I wanted to add it to CNR.  The problem is that they only added a very few different types of poison.  (Granted I thought there was more) They did if you played with it in the Demo module you could get permanent poison.  But the problem is that the poison only affects Stats.  After I implemented the CNR Poison Module I took a little leave of absence.  With the release of NWN2 I think I will help them revamp the poison section and move forward.  But it might make sence to change it up making the poisons more generic vs the way they are now.

darkstorme

Re: Small Suggestion
    « Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 06:43:12 am »
    Well, the fact that poisons only affect Stats isn't NWN-exclusive - it's in the 3rd Ed. rules.  Poisions can still kill by reducing CON or INT to 0, and there IS a fair amount of versatility that can be added by editing Poisons.2da appropriately.  However, given that only one legal alignment can initially use poisons, I'd say that it's largely a moot point: Poison Verdict