The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: a paladins thoughts  (Read 1306 times)

silverblades

a paladins thoughts
« on: December 28, 2005, 10:47:00 pm »
well ...ive arrived in hlint...albit a strange way..through a dream...but it seems theres work to be had and a plenty. my first person to see was Nebrindur an elf who said he needs more paladins to stop blood. then Nela the guide .. then a mulitcolored expanse  beyond a great fallen hero. when i arrived here...there seems to be no end to the amount of work to be done...is noone else helping out...and why such a lowly task...careful ...pride is a evil thing.

By the will and the stength of Toran I will help these people...they seem to need me. and thank you Toran for that kind lady named Addison that helped me so much...I shall have to watch my tongue ...i have offended a fellow healer because he was a follower of lucinda...when I asked if he was of Torans order.

*pulls out his maps of the area and studies them* ...torans temple lies north of me in fort llast. and goblin woods are north also...this is where the goblin are the captain wants.

*pulls out a piece of paper and writs a letter in elven to his mother*

Mother
there are many needs here and they are in need of my services and yes I arrived safely. With what the temple gave me I was able to equip myself fairly well. food is a bit scarce here...and the inn is a bit expensive. many a night will i be found at the campfires outside of town then. I shall seek the aid of fellow followers such as I to aid me in these tasks ..for there is safety in numbers. be at ease mother...I shall be safe..Pray for me as I do you..balazar
There can be only One.

silverblades

RE: a paladins thoughts
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 08:04:00 pm »
day 2 I was taken by a skeleton today I was taken into a darkness that was pitch itself and void of all light, I remembered what the lady at the entrance of town spoke of, a certain orb to ponder ones thoughts on to bring one back to the plane of the living. It brought me back to the small shrine here in Hlint. Toran is so good. He has shown me a lesson today that I wont soon forget, after that defeat I prayed ernestly for help .. a healer to aid me in my quests for the towns people here. and as I fininshed my prayer I looked up and out of the sewers came Melvin a boyer and Joan..a lady priest of Toran endued with power and might. One whos skill for defeating undead is to be reckoned with, but I fear her tactics are a bit brash she is careless in her tactics, I felt it was wrong to go into its lair at half strength and near lead to my demise at the hands of a stalker of some undead type at the bottom of the crypts here in hlint. I should have been in the lead, in control...but I knew not the way..I shall have  to trust more in you Toran and not another soul that will lead me astray. As I said before Toran is teaching me, I am young but easy to instruct.
*smiling to himself how much Toran has blessed him these few days here and the continued blessings of powers and skills to defeat in combat those that would fight against good, he closes the journal and says a small prayer*.
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 02:11:00 pm »
day 3 today was a glorious day indeed. I led in the defeat of a very large force of orcs apparently scouting for food.. Us. I was sent to that black vois again but it was necessary for the glory of toran. id like to think my sacrifice led to their defeat.
There were many involved and I would like to give them credit also. Riley a paladin of toran who by the way had a set of armor that I purchased from him. Meldon was there also he helped me in the sewers with Joan. and also Pyyran of whom i was with on my way back to leilon from llast where I met him. we were attacked in the goblin wastes I quickly formed a party with Rhin Kavil and Lyons whom I has just met earlier today at the temple in llast. bless him Toran for he gave me potions that helped greatly in this defeat of orcs. I also met one miss Kali..I must say her beauty is stunning many times I found myself gazing on her beauty. I cannot lie to myself and deny that i do not have feelings toward her, she is a strong capable fighter I dare not look at her in the same way for she will toy with my emotions and that will be a tool i dare not the demons to have in their possesion. It be a tool for the demons in the depths to use against me in my many battles to come against them. I must deny myself for the greater good. One thing also I noticed is the way people tend to hide their identity they do not display their god in any ways I shall have to be careful I do not offend Toran and bring shame to his name.
  As for the need of this town I have performed many quests to help the people here I have found childern in the street but thankfully they belong to the people here their love for them is strange they seem to run free as if abandoned. One small child i was talking to his mother came behind me and hit me thinking that i was taking him away ..well at least the love is their in some strange way. I informed her of my status and she promptly opened her heart as I  talked to about a higher power and the need for thier intervention in our lives, for without them our lives would be lost in the shadows. I will continue my talks with her as her husband is a frequent visitor at the inn..and from what she says he doesnt work  there. Ive seen many in here strong capable fighters if there was a sword in their hand instead of a brew. alas perhaps not paldin material but capable fighters none the less. ones who could fight in this war against Blood. That name contines to elude me a warrior im sure but form what the church sent me to do I cannot find the evidence to prove his moving into this area. the mosters that are here have always been here.
 Toran may your continued guidence be ever at my hands.
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 04:16:00 pm »
day4 today in my journies took me to the crypts again where I met a follower of lucinda she was a healer and her spells harmed me somewhat a one Tia'Saeruil. While down there we were beckoned by a great skeleton a messenger of impending greater evil down below, while conversing with him a Jharl came from behind and attacked him. He cared not for further conversation after that. we left with what little we had to go on and sought one Erag the caretaker down here. what happened next i do not know . we went up and met up with a follower of dorax a dwarf. well we went up to gather forces and I sough the help of the guards it turned out to be folly and I left. they cared not for the dangers that lie below. such a shame ...Bloods forces are many and undead are a mighty powerful tool. My supplies are in need of repair my shield carries not the emblem of Toran for the road to hamp is plagued by great griffons. and I dare not travel it alone. soon my armor will be fitted and i will look as a paladin should. sword shield and plate.
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 05:28:00 pm »
day5 today I was blessed with a set of armor until mine was finished getting tailored. One Axodeth a dwarf here in hlint lent it to me. With it I was able to travel with Lyons a paladin or roferin Whom I has met earlier he was in the temple meditating and praying in llast he asked how I was doing and invited that I travel with him for a day or so. He took me to a temple of great evil just at the base of the mountains of Llast I must say I have never seen such vicious monsters thirsty for ones death. My mins was assulted by visions of death and other such things that I dare not write it. I believe he took me there to see that Torans blessings are great for I attacked a great skeletal creature that was uninjured by my blows no matter how hard I hit it. He then blessed my sword and it had great powers to harm the undead. My powers are small in comparison to these undead but it spurns me on , knowing that there is great evil out there that must be stopped and with fellow paladins at my side I believe we can stop this tide of evil that is ever present in this world.
later myself Lyons and a quiet elf names Es ? whom Lyons traveled with often, together we helped clear the way for traders wagons who seemed to be attacking them, for a dwarf in town here in hlint.
 We ventured into the mines outside of hlint where we slew its leader and showed proof of our heroic deed to the dwarf. I must say it was rather grewsome carrying that head all the way back but one must prove oneself somehow. Why cant they take my word for it, I mean I am a paladin after all. After that we took to the swamps where we met a tall troll woman who kindly gave me a necklace of great power in the fight against undead in exchange for some bits of bones she uses for potions.
I must say after the fight back through the swamp and getting mud out of my new boots it was nice to get back home, but evil never rests and I will not rest when I know the undead is waiting to get out of the crypts here in hlint for they are ever present and seem to rise from the empty tombs as if called by some unknown source of power. We went inside the crypts where I stopped to pray before entering and found that they were restless still. we laid them to rest and took their shattered pieces and will make healing potions out of them. How strange that something so evil can be used for the good. But after all it was once good but called from the earth by some evil force to wreak havoc upon the earth for a final time.
there was much on my mind and so taking my goodbye with Lyons and his friend I traveled to the temple where I met with one cassandra, a rather mysterious woman whom I had seen running past me out of storans crypt. we discussed matters of good and evil lawful and chaotic. It was rather disturbing seeing anothers viewpoint on this, I must say that woman had better be cafeful for the draw of power is great for those that seek it. For many have been swayed by it throught their greed for power and the want to weilding armies of powerful creatures, for I fear we might be at odds end if she strays too near the flame.  
Much to think about today. I will sit and meditate and ask for torans guidance in all of this. for he is truth.
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 04:54:00 pm »
day 6 today found me in the company of Axodeth (whom I had borrowed the armor from). I met him  in my daily tour of the crypts here in hlint. I traveled with him a bit and met up with Lyons again where we all searched the deep woods for signs of Coraths wickedness. For I has seen  a corathite proudly displaying her shield in the open as she ran past Llast. I told Lyons that I had followed her but lost her in the woods.
 We (axodeth, lyons, Es the quiet elf, searched the woods for signs and found nothing except the usual sort who are fond of eating humans like ogres and trolls, and the ever present undead rising in the broken woods.
  I must say,I did quite well today gaining a skill with the sword that i had never known before perhaps the extended use of it has gained me an expertise with it in fighting such superior foes. For when we parted ways after a  thorough search of the woods I didnt expect Lyons to say that Toran would be proud of my deeds today. I was only serving Toran with vigilence in dispatching those evils in the woods.  Toran smiles upon his chosen for he had granted me spell use today after prayer and contemplation to bless and protect those weaker than I and bring order to the kingdom.
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 09:52:00 pm »
day7 I was at the docks today where I met up with a party seeking two escape convicts.
upon hearing this I immediately asked if I could join in the search. I was invited by Drake whom I had met before. We traveled to another continent where we tracked them down to a bar. it took alot of questioning but we caught them and tied them up while they lay passed out on the floor.
But thats now what bothers me so much. It was the people that I traveled with. They were very rude to me and questioned all that I did. they did not respect who I was no matter how respectful I was towards them. I am a Paladin of Toran and as such I think that should carry some weight since we are the delivers of justice in these lands.
 Why are we tormented so by those that choose not to believe in a God that carries out justice in these lands. for my brothers the Justiciers do this and I will be called sometimes in their absence.
Were it not the fact that I was in search of two criminals I would not have traveled with the rest of the party.
*removes a small scroll from his bag and begins writing*

Mother it has been a long week and tiring to complete the tasks that the people need done here, I have done many requests that they need done and only a few remain. You teaching me elvish was nice to have I have talked to what looked like two fish women today .strangely they spoke elvish andI was Quick to talk to them in elvish. To my Dismay I learned that they serve Shindeleria. One was a witch and the other a priest.
 well it isnt too long a walk to get home so I probably wont write alot of letters to you. The journey is relatively safe to and from hlint to llast. I have been going to the temple regularly and checking in at the temple, and reporting my work on  regular basis to the church. I have amassed quite a few coin and was keeping track of it in order to have a tithe on my next visit to the temple.
It is nice to do the work of Toran on a daily basis but I long for fellow believers, since travel alone is unsafe I dare not venture too far from this area without help and not having another alongside me who worships Toran is a big stumbling block for me. Alas I must press on dispite this setback.

You son Balazar
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 04:55:00 pm »
day8 Today I met a fellow Paladin and Champion of Toran named Klaug Dragonbane. I humbled myself before his presence as he is a chosen among Torans followers. He too said what I have said also, that there are so few of us and that our numbers are dwindling. Sadly I did not have much time to talk to him as he was in a hurry, but I sincerely felt a pull to speak to him more. He also said that he would like to speak to me again, and for that I am grateful, For I desperately want to know how one becomes recognized by Toran to recieve a wonderful blessing to become one of his champions.
There can be only One.

silverblades

Re: a paladins thoughts
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 08:27:55 pm »
today I found myself in the presence of one Quantum Windword. He spoke with such power and wisdom. Truly he has be gifted by Toran as one of his chosen followers. He gave me Toans Blessing on my shield a strong light above all others to be sure. It pales in comparison to my ring I purchased a few days ago.
He too spoke as Klaug did, saying that there are few of us paladins left and still fewer are following The Great Leader. Quantum spoke of a few who were stripped of their power by Toran. some who were less that honorable in their duties, and so were handed over to the justiciers, let justice be done to them. Most assuredly though it brings shame to the rest of us though. Those who carry on in Torans guiding light.
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 11:48:36 am »
another day that met me with much confusion. This path that I follow is not an easy one i have been plagued by thoughts of depression and dispair, There are those around me that distrust me only forthe simple reason that Ifollow Toran and no other..They call me a Toranite and that I am.but its the way that they say that tears at me, almost like im some sort of thief or criminal. *a long pause causes a difference in handwriting to appear*.
It grieves me so, for we are the ones they call upon in times of trouble and to lead vast armies in times of danger. I was fortunate to find my good friend Lyons again to aid my understanding. He told me "what matters most the opinion of the people or the opinion of Toran in how to conduct myself. This will wash away any doubt or distrust that will get thrown at us".  It was a refreshing vision of light to my clouded sight.
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 12:02:05 pm »
My daily trips to the crypts has found a new light in the kingdoms. her name is Maev a dark haired woman no less as a follower of Toran and a Paladin. i must admit i was quite stunned at our first meeting that she was a paladin. Her armor was in desarray and she used the bow and fired upon the enemies. It was when i introduced myself to her that she told me she was a follower of Toran. She was very eager to learn from me but i tried to keep my pride inside..for it is usually me whom seeks anothers wisdom. I didnt want to let a paladin of Toran go about in what she was wearing and no shield emblem displayed so I procured for her a set of armors and a shield with the proper emblem displayed. It was wonderful to see another follower combating evil and meeting it head on. fighting alongside another paladin was truly inspiring. We took down a few foes about Hlint and then we headed to the Temple inLlast where I blessed her armors and weapons and said some prayers over her. Today I know my path is secure in knowing that He has chosen me for something greater.
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 09:08:12 pm »
Many days in darkness ... many days have found me in the crypts ...constantly cleansing then...I feel the need to do something greater.. But the perils outside the gates are many ...many monsters have found their way closer to the inhabited towns arouin hlint and Llast...I fear the worst ..the sides are closing in ..If we are to survive we must band together.. I have sat by the bank and the fires outside of Hlint waiting for fellows to venture with ..but no one comes....that or I am an impatient youth that finds his time better spent doing what I can with what Toran has give nme the power to vanquish. I have been able to purchase some better armor and a higher quality shield, but i need better training. The temple has been a constant struggle also there is much to do there with the additional protections around town with the closing in of the roaming monsters...its all i can do to just stop and pray and seek a quiet place for thinking. ...someone calls...
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 09:55:46 pm »
Ive come to grips with the daily chores of being a paladin but its not in the duties of war it seems my duties about the temple have resumed. I am needed back at the temple again for a short time.I have filled my promises to the people in Hlint and so I go back into the temple to fulfill a few duties that are expected of me. It seems that I had an impression on a  young soul while I was back in Hlint to my recollection i cant remember who this young chap was but I am told that I was his inspiration to go to the temple and learn and apply himself to the best of his ability. apparently he was most favorable to Toran and was granted a most awsome responsibility to become a priest in his name. I am told by the clergy that I am to train him in the art of battle as he is very young and unlearned in the use of the sword and has spent little time in its use as he prefers to spend his time in prayer and meditation. I am told also that he wanted me to train him as it seems that it was I who inspired him to join our ranks. I am most proud of this that I could lead another into the ways of truth of Toran. May his love for Toran be never diminish as Toran is, and may Toran give me guidance and wisdom in this awsome responsiblilty.
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 07:49:04 am »
I was sitting near the lake in Hlint today and a hawk delivered a letter it startledd  me at first as i was in deep meditation. I carefully opened it after closing my prayers and it was from none other than Maev O'leary ... I couldent believe it.It has been many moons since I last spoke to her ..well anyways it seems she wanted to give me a few items in return for helping her when she was younger. I stood reading the letter over several times and Musing of mine and hers in our younger days and looked up and there standing before my very eyes stood a very regal and powerful woman dressed im full plate with a hood drawn over her face. T first i didnt know who it was but when she spoke I knew it was Maev. I stood there with my mouth agape and stumbled out a few words of cordiality but my excitement was more than i could bear. I happily greeted her with a pat on her shoulders greeting her warmly ..To my dismay she was unable to talk long and it seems she wanted to give me the favors adn return to her friends who needed her. I was eluctant to take her gifts at first and refused but she demanded that I take them I reluctanly abliged her and with a sigh I took them ...for these were far more powerful than what I has given her in her time of need.  I only hope that she will be able to bless them as I did for her with her first set of armor. She said they served her well and fought many foes, of that I am sure ...for she was a mighty warrior when we traveled together I can only guess how she fights now. It is good to be blessed and Toran has smiles upon me this day for my charity to those less than I when they needed help.  thankyou Maev I can only hope we travel together soon.
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 09:15:07 pm »
Today I looked upon my young deciple for the first time, he was young and lean perhaps from too much study of lack of a decent meal, or perhaps it was the fastings that he said he would often do to better clear his mind of the wretchedness the was all around us in these dark times.   .. Nevertheless I Took him in and showed him a path of war and dectruction, since this was so foreign to him compared to his prayer times I considered breaking him in slowly ..may perhaps a run in with the rats in the sewers, nay I thought he will want to get dirty quickly, and so he did he took it well . I trained him in the crypts, fighting the undead and facing darksoul himself with little hesitation to fight him on his own after a short while.
Another month and he He has quickly grew in power gaining spells granted from Rofirein and was able to enter the crypts of storan with little fear or hesitation from him. Before I knew it he was entering there alone without me although I told him not to he said he would go with others, he longed to gain power quickly in swordfighting as he knew this was advancing him in his spell power abilities.
 Mandalorian …how proud of him I am. His skills with the sword is near to mine ..he has come so far so quickly it will not take long till his skill has surpassed mine. Despite that fact I will still be proud as he was once a dishwasher and a slop cook..
 I have come to rely on his powers of spells to fight the undead his strengthing of shield spells against the unholy attacks against us is quite impressive. his healing skills are mighty also ..he has saved my life many times because of it..

Today Mando as I have come to call him has learned a few battle tactics..that is he learned that relying on spells too greatly makes one consider the consequences of not having the proper spells prepared for the foes that you know you will soon face in the next room…Sadly it lead to both our deaths and another ..he did learn a valuable lesson from it and as did I relying too heavily on my sword arm to carry me out of a tough fight.
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 09:39:33 pm »
Many travels many adventures ..it forced me to halt my writing for a bit, what with the fall of Blood and the inability to see the light of Toran in the night sky Thes things have taken my time away from my journals. *dried ink has smeared a place here as the ink type has changed to a finer quality* ..My thoughts draw to my actions and mannerisms towards ladies. I cannot deny that what i have done is a distraction in my life ..but is it? I must write and tell all. so to clear my head and think straight of the consequences of my actions. I have given my heart to Mylindra Kylock. As to what led to this actions I must say she is most beautiful, and when she is around other men i cannot deny that i am jelous of her.
I saved her life on a few ocassions but I would have done it for anyone not just because she is beautiful or fancies me. She has told me that she loves me ..but i dare not kiss her ..only in the hand as a gentleman would..i dare not go farther until i learn of the churches position on such things. She has asked me to do this but what will my actions be after what they tell me. Only time will tell. I have told her of other paladins who have given up their paladinhood to be with their loves, she has told me that she would never do this as her devotion to Rofirein is as hard fast as mine is to Torans.

In other areas i find my daily stress of impressing others because im a paladin is diminishing.. i feel more light hearted, happy, that who i am is what Toran has created for a purpose and as I walk on a daily basis in hHis Light i rely less on what others think of me and rely more on what Toran is teaching me, be it battle tactics, teaching others, putting up with the hatred some hate for Toranites, just daily activities that tell me that Im ok with who i am and noone is going to change that. some have even go on to tell me that im fun to be around not stuffy and boring Drawna would be one of them..a rogueish lassis as the dwarves call ladies.. we even had a few jokes together after i bought her some flowers in fort hope.

the other day i went to Maevs Inaguration for Clerical studies.. I gave her a great sendoff as i spoke for her and didnt hold anything back how brave she was and dedicated in the faith. Quantum was there doing the blessings.

what tomorrow brings i know not ...but this i do know. I AM..* draws a smile*
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 05:46:59 pm »
My time of many travels and long road journies has been quite diminished. I have been spending much time at home with mother and siblings here in fort Llast. weve been helping the many orphans in the streets the come to town from other cities that are much worse than here.
  Thankfully it gives me more time to focus on who I am and what my purpose is, for by helping others it helps me to understand the greater good of things. I often begin my evening prayers with my usual routine of prayers to those less fortunate than I, but later i start to think of my many travels places ive visited and roads that were full of brigands, ogres, goblins and such. what lands are these that are so frequented by these creatures. I know they need to have a home also but must it be so close to ours, and are they getting closer or are we growing bigger, taking what is not ours and encroaching into areas which are not ours. To what end will this bring but a continual war.
  perhaps someday I shall have  the resources and power to form some sort of alliance with these tribe of creatures, forming a treaty perhaps, so we dont go further into their lands and taking what is theirs, and likewise them going into our lands and killing our women and children when we are away fighting wars elsewhere. for if we do not have peace at home then we cannot make it better elsewhere for someone less unfortunate than us. This will rob us of a peaceful thought while we are away from our homes.
   These thoughts they haunt me.
 At night I close my prayer with a blessing to Mylindra, I pray for her safety and blessing physically spiritually and mentally to help guide her in these troubled times. Torans blessing of wisdom be upon his chosen in these dark times for guidance and direction for those in need, with discernment in ways to help that are a true blessing to those that need us.

*balazar closes his journal and thinks fondly of the way Mylindra calls out in battle and the funny way she calls out that she needs rest. He smiles knowing that she holds a place in her heart for him, and he too holds a place in his heart for her*.

"soon we will be at each others side again, defending the lands and fighting for freedom from the darkness that surrounds us", he says. *looking at his younger brother fast asleep in the bed beside him he closes his eyes and falls fast asleep*
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 03:15:25 pm »
My return to fighting has brought me pain. Sadly my first encounter with my heart Mylindra had brought me unexpected pain. She has told me another suitor is trying to win her heart. She is confused as to which way to go, she desires our love to be stronger but these months that i have been away I have slipped form her desires. She no longer greets me in the same way with a hug and a kiss with fleeting hints of marriage only a smile. It is with a troubled heart that i cause this pain in her as she ran from my presence that day after i asked her not to discuss this further as it brought more pain upon both of us. as it seems it only made the situation worse. I searched the lande for her but alas i did not find her.  I placed a note on her door in Leilon and hope for the situation to improve between us. I did tell her that the duties of a paladin were demanding as she seems to understand that but as we spoke further on this other gentleman and what i thought of it, our time together turned sour. I shall have to amend this somehow, though the only thing that i know what to do is simply give her my time, as this seems to bring her the greatest joy.
I can only hope this works and our relationship improves, If this does not i fear that i shall have to let her go or marry her as she has told me of someone else she knows is getting married, someone like us she said. a Toranite and a Rofireinite. I told her i would check into this at the temple and i have failed in that respect, fir that i am sorry. If I am to place her where she belongs than i must keep my word as due a Paladin, and due to the one that holds my heart.

*He looks up from his writing lost in thoughts of adventure and love of romance and fun, wondering if those moments will continue or they will be lost to another who desires the moments that he has experienced with his heart, his Love, .. Mylindra. For it was Her that captured his heart and took it away for herself as he was glad to let it go to her. He bows his head in solemn prayer as the dark night draws near with all that it gathers, the gloom and the darkness and askes for torans guiding light in the coming days for wisdom and maturity to do that which is right always.*
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 05:40:37 pm »
She has given me her reply and spoken her decision.

It grieved me somewhat after our departure  in finding out that she no longer desired our relationship to blossom further. She said she needed to have a lunch with this fellow to make her decision final. Either way she has won her heart or is it that she wanted it to be won by another, someone to fill a desire of that I seemed incapable of. Either way we will no longer be the same again. I am almost glad somewhat because she has found happiness although not with me or in me, she is happy with her choice and so am I.

I feared from the beginning that us together would only tear at my desires to be committed to Toran. She has asked that we remain friends adn for that I am glad, I am sorry for the loss and happy at teh same time. Its hard to explain on paper I can only feel it in my heart that this is right. I am young and my friendly behaviors have reaped fully at the expense of another. Though i dont know what she really saw in my in the first place, I treated her no different than i would anyone else, saving her in battle fighting by her side, aiding whenever possible, and treating her as a lady as all ladies should be treated unless there actions deem otherwise. *shakes his head slowly,thinking*

I guess its time I moved on. I know where my heart really lies, and that is In torans will, performing the duties of a Paladin whatever they may be, perhaps after all it was a test from Him. He was trying to see where my heart really was. Dedicated to Toran or to the whims of the world and its desires. If it was a test I am thankful that I passed for I truly know I am dedicated to Toran. *He lays down his quill and gathers his belongings from the table. He makes his way to the temple at Fort Llast. Getting on his knees he looks upward and raises his hands high he repeats the vow he made at his inaguration for all to hear that would listen all the while knowing that Toran lstens to those that follow him and enjoy His will upon there lives first and foremost*.

I departed the temple that day with a desire and passion like no other i roamed the lands fighting evil wherever it stood and replaced it with a cleansing from Toran. That very day Toran gave me that which i sought after. Renewed strength, and vitality.Powerful spells of great strength and protection in fighting evils like ever I had felt before. I am truly His as He is my strength. I will bring his word to those that dont know it and they will see the power that resides upon Torans chosen. I go to sleep today knowing my purpose.
There can be only One.

silverblades

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 04:17:03 pm »
I purchased some powerful weapon enhancements against undead not long ago from Quantum who worked at the orc Bashers shop, and I was able to prove there worth with Quantum, Erk, Ferrit, Mando, and some other brave adventurers where we penetrated into the forgotten dungeon. I had never known that the temple was that large below. We went down several levels it seemed to kill a Lich. We were victorious after cleansing so much undad and laying it to fianl rest, my sword arm grew weary. I found strength in our numbers and watched Quantum lead us deeper and deeper. I took It all in, learning how to fight then regroup, rest then continue on. after the battle with the Lich we removed a key from its neck and opened a sarcophogus where we found a few epic weapons. I am happy to report that i am the new owner of one such weapon. It seems to be a whip with a unholy fire upon it. I scarcely know what to do with it but Im sure in due time Toran will reveal that to me.

We returned to the surface where we drew lots for the items and that is how i came into possesion of it. I tied Miss Ferrit the first time and we tried again and then i prevailed. I must say it a learning experience down there the whole time watching the teamwork and comradery. I did on several ocassions try to make jovial comments and laugh to keep the tensions low during some tense moments down there.

It was refreshing to gulp in fresh air after being down there so very long.
I was thinking of speaking to Quantum about becoming one of Torans champions though i dont really know how to ask him or do i need to ask him,I feel as if I am a champion already, doing the things that I am called to do and doing it successfully as I have done. I will ask him this! What makes a paladin, a Champion of the faith?

*He closes his journal and lays it beside the bed. closing his eyes and thinking of what tomorrow will bring and ths challenges he will face. His still throbbing arm and hand knot up from so much use today as he drifts off to sleep*.
There can be only One.