The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Gunther N'diknik - Dat Giant went to town  (Read 80 times)

Gunther

Gunther N'diknik - Dat Giant went to town
« on: July 20, 2006, 05:44:07 pm »
A small, handwritten ledger contains several stories pertaining to an individual known as Gunther N'diknik.  Whom the author might be is unknown and unwritten.

Prologue

It is the happenstance of my life to catalog the adventures and misadventures of the adventurer known as Gunther N'diknik.  My researches have indicated that he was born in the city of Leilon, the rather questionable offpsring of a local maiden and in itinerent giant of unknown quality and personage.

As per my conversations with Gunther, his reputed father was allegedly skulking in the bushes (as giants are wont to do) just outside a farmhouse on the outskirts of Leilon.  Gunther's mother was walking home from the local tavern a few drinks none the wiser.  Apparently, said giant accosted Gunther's mother, which was reputedly not much to the woman's dismay (It is the author's opinion, having met Gunther's mother, that the giant's eventual escape from the woman was a fortuitous relief to the giant).  Many months later, as such things happen, Gunther was delivered into the world, much to the eventual chagrin and occasional delight of those that met him in his travels.

Given the nature of Gunther's recollections, or lack thereof, several years are missing chronologically from the events surrounding this time period.  It is apparent that Gunther rapidly grew to enormous size and strength for one his age.  It came about that he was given, or perhaps sold, to a local farmer who worked Gunther from dawn to dusk, yanking tree roots out of the ground, hitching up and then pulling the plow to till the fields, and other such farmwork as this author has little knowledge of.

anything