The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hawk, The Path is Paved with Insanity  (Read 882 times)

hawklen

Re: Journal of a strange one
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 05:04:55 am »
Waay ta much ta write 'ere. Jus' ah quick note an' such. Kinai is bein' hunted by various things fer dis key we'all foun' not ta long ago. Ah try ta pertect da little one, so far 'he is still kickin' Gotta say, its been real fun 'round 'er, even tho 'he is gettin' freaked out 'bout all da stuff 'appenin' Gotta keep ah eye on da little one..

hawklen

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 10:02:18 pm »
*he wanders through his house, as Kinai runs around looking trhough the place he takes out his journal and writes quickly*

Well well, ah lose one, an' found another under me nose. Strong feelin's Yep yep. *he catches her running around like a school girl and his features soften, almost a lovingly look appears on his face* Strange days indeed.

*he closes the book and puts it away as she approaches*

hawklen

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 12:51:27 am »
He sits invisible with his back against a tree, a thick fog or type of mist is thick in the air. A huge drake flies by, he sits still, hoping his cloak of invisibility holds.  Huge lumbering giants walk near his spot. They make the desert giants look like kobolds. He is on Xantril. And a bit confused. He takes out his elaborate journal and starts to pen an entry

Over sixty years I have kept this up. Only my family would see through me. It has served me well, and sometimes it hasnt. But overall, it was fun. I did not always talk with a jumble of accents and words, I was raised in the proper elven fashion. I just chose this way. When you act and talk like an idiot, people dismiss you, and that has advantages. But as I write this, normally for the first time in sixty years, I..I am tired. Ceela. Oh, you have changed me.

He pauses in his writing, a serious look on his face, smooth out the lines of laughter that spread out from his eyes, eyes which normally radiate merriment, have dimmed to a deep purple. He closes them and offers a silent prayer to the scamp and again checks his cloak of invisibility. It holds. The drake flies back, just feet away from him, and he remains still. The drake once again leaves. Using his sharp elven hearing, he hears the grunting and laughter of a group of giants, shuddering and trying not to think of what poor creature they have found to amuse them. He picks up his quill and continues on

Appearances. Said it to Kinai a few times. Kinai. Kinny kin kin. It seems she has the key to my heart. Who would of thought? Thought I knew love, Larissa the fiery halfling whom I had quite a bit of fun. I did think I loved her. but no, it wasnt love. I do like her, and worry that she has vanished, but Kinai has my heart now. Nothing to be done about rissy. Just hope she lives. Thats it, she is gone from my life. I have her things all packed up, and ready to be moved out. Think I will hand it over to her fellow halflings to hold on to, as I need the space now.

His eyes soften at the memory, of handing a key over to Kinai, her happily run around the place checking it out, and no doubt thinking about remodeling. He sighs softly and continues on writing

She is one of the few who know whats behind the mask. My personal joke on the world. I saw potential in her, she agreed to listen to what I had to say, and to my surprised took it seriously and worshipped along side me. I think thats when she got to me. Now I do not know what life will bring without her.

He puts away his journal, checks his cloak of invisibility, the his wards and blessings, slowly sneaks up from behind to the group of giants...

hawklen

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 12:14:14 pm »
*he sits in the scamp, weary, from the magic and blessings he had used on his heart, quickly pens a few lines as she tells her story of the incident*

Kinai came to me. Poisoned. Tales of a spider bite sent by a disuised drow, who she said was called Thomas The archer. It took all my energy, but I managed to combine two prayers to remove it. I feel weak as a kitten. It will be days before I am near my former energy.

That drow is dead. No one harms my heart and lives.

*righteous angry blazes in his eyes, but he hides it before she can see, he puts the book away and smiles  lovingly at her*

hawklen

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 03:38:51 pm »
*he meditates in his home, after a draining of his powers with a special blessing for the one he loves. He takes out his journal and writes a short entry*

Was worried 'bout Kinai. So with what powers I have to me, I blessed a potion of antidote for her, so it should get rid of any other poision attempt, and then, the big arse spell. A kind of Geas on her. If she is in danger, I will know, and hopefully make it in time. When I feel stronger, time to ward the house. Nothing will come in without our knowledge.. Its all I can do at this time. Stay safe ceela.

hawklen

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2007, 02:45:47 am »
*sits at his desk and takes out his journal and pens another quick entry*

Well, talking with Storold and Mylindra about their wedding, and then -both- of them went on about me and Kinai getting married an.. and.. kids. We just kinda both fell to the ground at that point... probably get hitched but things to do first. oi.

Small footnote. Had fun out east with her and a group, went everywhere and just enjoyed ourselves. About it for now. Probably write more later..

*puts the book away and starts meditating on the bed*

hawklen

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2007, 09:54:50 pm »
*As Kinai is asleep in his lap, he takes out a journal and writes on a new page*

Well. Never thought I'd do it, but I did. Officially proposed to Kinai, infront of everyone in the merchants festival. I put an exceptional alexanderite ring on her finger, and she said yes. She blushed like mad, a nice sight indeed. I think she one upped me though! When we went out side, she presented me with a mithril shield. She does make life alot more fun.

Just a quick note, went with ceela with shiff and a bunch, but it was in prantz, soo, I made a interestin disguise. Father ted, old grumpy human priest of lucindite. I did fool the guards, although one took offense to my cloak. Talked my way out of that one!

Well shiff found his god parents and his parents grave, did his human thing of weeping over it. Maybe now he can stop being an idiot.

*He shakes his head, trying to think of anything else to write, sighs and puts the journal away*

hawklen

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2007, 11:35:26 pm »
Quick entry...

Me. Kinai. Father. Whoa. And we have to plan the wedding. I still have to get the ring made, so much to do so little time! Me a father. We think it will be a girl. Father. Whoa. Oh. House remodel. , wish I could learn timestop, be friggin' useful about now. A father. Whoa. Happy. Yep. check. Firghtened. Eh, a bit. Kinai. Love. Yeah random radom. Whoa...father. Odd but nice to hear daddy..Whoa..

hawklen

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 07:03:11 pm »
Zoraje. I curse that name. Some how he has bond to Kinai, if he dies, she dies. And he informed us, the Rofi's are after him. Nothing will happen to her. I will use any means, or make pacts with devils themselves to prevent whatever he has planned.

One way or another. He will die. If a Rofi touches him. I will burn and wipe out the chruch..

hawklen

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 12:39:06 pm »
*he sits invisible, near the camp on Lake Malice, not paying attention the the roaring of the Balor, or the camp noises of the soilders and opens up his journal, writing his thoughts, anger still showing in his eyes*

Frustration. Lack of power. An idea, an option. Wise? Not really. Foolish? More than likely. Love? Will scorch the world for her. Child? Daddy will protect. Sanity? She keeps me sane. Revenge? Cold fire in gut

Need to ask Ozy some questions. Demons, Devils, Loth? Which can I go to get the power to protect her? Questions, thinking. Too much.

Forgive me ceela

*he closes his journal, and treks back towards Arnax, and the boat to Lor. Home.*

hawklen

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2007, 12:04:33 am »
*he sits down in hemp, and sketches out a nice drawing of a loving memory, so he doesnt loose it and fall into a blind rage*

My love *he writes* Hope the fates will be kinder..

*he sighs and closes his book*

hawklen

Re: Hawk, The Path is Paved with Insanity
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 04:29:17 pm »
*he sits in corax lake, opens up his journal and jots a few of his thoughts down*

Was talking to Ozy a few days ago. I had an idea. After the baby is born, a way to age her, so she wouldnt be pure enough to use in Zoraje couldnt use her.

He was in a rush, but quickly gave me some information. Its not possible to create a bubble with accelerated time, but Moraken he said may have knowledge on how to age her. Shifter he was saying probably had the power to and the knowledge, but is rarely around and hard to find

So, more options it seems are open. I need to ask Dur'thak if hes found out anything I can use. The Devil and Demon route doesnt seem benificial to me, little return, lots of betrayal. Loth does sound very interesting though. We will see.

*he warily sighs, but softly smiles and closes his book*

hawklen

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2007, 11:14:03 pm »
*sits at his desk at home while kinai sleeps in the bed*

Odd night. Good time at the party then we went to have a card reading don of us. I really didnt wanna, but Kinai went first and that was...interesting. Could see some similarties to her life and the cards drawn *he sist there quietly thinking, then shakes his head* Anyways I went next..and strange. Nothing had made me think, especially when I say that hanged man card..Maybe I should be more careful?

*he looks over to kinai's pregnant form, gets up brushing her hair off her forehead then he kisses it. Wanders over the fire and starts to think..for the future*

hawklen

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2007, 04:35:18 pm »
*he sits with is wife to be outside of hemp, an unexpected surprise. A daughter. He is extremely fascinated with her but manages to take out his journal and write a quick entry*

Seras. A daughter. I am a father. Scary isnt it?

*he hums and closes his journal*

hawklen

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2007, 02:19:21 pm »
*He sits at hi sdesk at home, pulling out hisjournal, he looks to the sleeping forms of Seras and Kinai and smiles*

Well well. Things are going pretty good, having as much fun as I can, got beautiful little giirl which was unexpected but I love the little halfer. And loads of fun with Kinai, going to the steep, the rush of swords parry, hacking, my spells going off destroying. And ofcourse the lovely Cobalt for me to sell. *he stops a moment, smiling and rubbing a few of the hundres of scars that criss-cross his arms and body* She tells me to be more carefull since I've met the mother eight times, but I can't. If I go, I go, as long as I have a blast doing it. I think she understands, and I am a bit more carefull in my fun, but ya can't argue fate iffin she pulls yer number.

I have notice she's been more and more interested in the affairs in the church, and I wish her luck tryin' to do what she wants in it. Not much goes on there, just fun, drinkin' and aventurin' I'll watch and see what she does, and support it, cause it sounds like fun.

Well, not one for writing stuff down, usually too busy, but slowed a bit, watching Seras grow, also, the Servant of Pandemonium, my new summon, is a frickin' blast. Even cuttin' myself fer the component gives me a rush.

Kinai's elfy lessons been goin' pretty good, quick mind in pickin' it up and understanding, just wince a bit when she speaks. Gotta work on her accent and pronunciation.

I have left a legacy, I can die happy knowing my blood is there to continue the fun, to remember me.

*he shakes his head smiling, closing his journal and puts it away. He gets up and crawls beside his love and daughter, watching them sleep*

hawklen

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007, 09:09:07 pm »
Molecules tumble and twist, bands of light twisting, combining into a purple armored clad humanoid, grinning skull helm, shield and sword out. Hawk arrives on Arnax.

He steps outside the fortified gates, slipping off to the left and begins to pray. Words, if they can be called that flow our of his mouth. Humming, other sounds not identified combine with bands of runes, bursts of colored light surround him, after a few minutes, his last spell the light bends around him removing him from sight.

Under his lightshield, he runs through a forest in perpetual mist,  he spies his pray. A huge emerald drake, with a clan of giants patrolling near it. The drake, tirelessly circling, looking for prey, giants walking, grunting occasionally pushing and cursing each other. None see him. He stands in their center, raises his shield and sword, shouting out a word of power, and prayer to his faith. The skies darken, thunder rolls. He's been answered. Lightning cracks downward, each time striking a target. The giants are stunned. Stripping off his light shield, he utters another prayer. Suddenly weak light is transformed into an inky blackness. He smiles under his helm.

With surprisingly agility for someone in heavy armor and heavily armed, he runs, jumps and cleaves the head of the drake clean off, lizard blood hissing and splattering him. Without pausing he runs up the leg of the nearest giant quickly putting his sword away and taking out a small dagger, he thrusts it into its eye. He leaps off, unsheathing his sword once again and goes for the next giant. Here, he plays with it, since its stunned and cannot fight back. First he slices its hamstring at the back of its leg, bringing it down to one knee. Using that knee as a platform, he then slices its ears off, then it nose. He grows bored, with a back hand slice of his sword, cuts its throat. He is more kind to the others. He kills them cleanly.

Drench in blood of giants and drakes, he catches something in the corner of his eye..

Ooo! Shiney! Wonder whats over here?

Softly saying a quick prayer once agian the light bends around him, vanishing from sight. He runs off.

hawklen

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2007, 02:07:27 am »
Just a quick entry trusty ol' book. Just a quick one. Wedding. Its soon, who would of ever thought, me of all people, getting married. There are no words to describe these feelings, it feels like I have direction. And oh, she is so much fun. Everyday, I just live. I love. And our daughter, such a blast. I am lucky.

*closes his journal and picks up Seras and starts to play with her*