The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Induction ceremony into the Church of Rofirein  (Read 610 times)

Criden

• Druids
    • Followers of Corath
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
Induction ceremony into the Church of Rofirein
« on: October 10, 2004, 07:42:00 pm »
This is a link to my approved character history:

http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5745&posts=2

I would like a CDQ scene where he is inducted into the clergy of Rofirein as outlined here :

http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5036&posts=1

There are several ranks in the Rofireinite order:

The first step of the path of Rofirein is that of the Initiate. All classes spend at least 4 years as an initiate, learning law and various others skills including basic combat, etiquette, diplomacy, honor, chivalry, and healing. On completion of this period of training, each soul is presented with a shield bearing the symbol of Rofirein by the high priest during an appropriate ceremony.

After the ceremony, it is believed that Rofirein communicates his guidance on to a soul during a session of solitary prayer so that it may know the next step upon its path:

Librarians/scribes/historians – These are predominantly mages and clerics who favor the pursuit and maintenance of documentation and official records, including the local census. These souls are also primarily responsible for all logistical matters of a temple.

Guardians of Justice (Judges) – These are clerics that specialize in the law as passed down from the Great Wyrm himself. Judges are predominantly made up of the clerics who spend several years’ further study in all aspects of the law. These clerics are always attached to a local courthouse or place of law where guidance and wisdom is required.

Guardians of the Wyrm (Temple Guards) – Most Temple Guards are drawn from the ranks of fighters, rangers, and paladins. These souls have dedicated their lives to protecting the temples and other sacred places of the Rofireinite faith. They spend many years perfecting their combat technique, with special emphasis on use of the tower shield and defensive tactics.

Knights of the Wyrm (Questing Clerics) – Almost anyone can join the Knights of the Wyrm, (though fighting classes comprise the majority) who have dedicated their lives to the defense of others through the use of sword and shield. Unlike the Guardians, they have no desire to be tied to one place, often establishing distant outposts and bringing the word of Rofirein to unknown lands. Besides further combat training, these clerics are also given additional training in healing and law and are taught to ride. These souls are the first to respond to a threat and are often called upon in times of need.

Any of these options are fine with me and I look forward to the scene. If you need -any- more information please feel free to contact me via PM, AIM, in game or on the boards here.

Thanks !!

EdTheKet

RE: Induction ceremony into the Church of Rofirein
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 11:20:00 pm »
I suggest you request a character development quest (CDQ) as listed here:
  http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2988&posts=1

Criden

• Druids
    • Followers of Corath
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 08:20:00 am »
Apologies, thought I had read all the threads on the subject but I obviously missed that one. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers!

IDii

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 03:22:00 pm »
I'm taking care of the CDQ.

Any rofireinites out there who'd like to join?

IdiotNoob

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 05:06:00 pm »
Bela Drake.  Lvl 7 Rofirein Cleric.  Would like to become a knight of Rofirein.  Spoke to Ceal in game - it'd be great fun.

Dezza

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 12:36:00 am »
I would like to apply for a position in the Knights of the Wyrm should one be available.
Tarradon Duvall

//This can set me up for something I have in mind

Aurhinius

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 01:03:00 am »
I will of course try to make it to everyone's induction ceremonies time permitting.

NitaThompson

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 05:20:00 pm »
    Is there a time this is going to be happening? Please post it so those that wish to attend can.  I know that Quintayne and Kasha would be very honored to be there if possible.