The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Journal Of Jeremy Steel  (Read 302 times)

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
Re: Journal Of Jeremy Steel
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 12:30:27 am »
Entry Twenty-One:

I have found a suitable water source. A fresh water lake with the water flowing from the mountains. Just as well, beacause I was running out of water. Food is getting scarce, although there is numerous deer in the region, I do not have any tinder for a fire. Near the lake is some giants, who I must be very careful of, as I can not fight them by myself.

Sitting around in this place has given me some time to think. I have not seen Kesa in a very long while, I wonder how she is. I think I have been too harsh on the people around me. Just because I do my best to study and learn tactics, does not mean I HAVE to be leader or people HAVE to listen to me. Maybe I should be nicer when I meet people so I have a better image, but how? That is, if I ever find my way out of this place.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 10:52:57 pm »
Entry Twenty-Two:

I have explored the area a little more, but still no signs of Pranzis. It isn't so bad living in the wilderness, apart from all the bugbears and giants. I have found some plants with berries on them. Theberries seem good enough to eat, so once I run out of food, they are next on my list to eat.

I never realised how nature can be so peaceful and fragile. I had always thought the wilderness was just another battle ground, with trees for hiding, open fields and all, but it is much more. There is so many animals, from the deer to the tiniest bugs, if war came to such a place like this, all the peace, animals and nature itself would be gone.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 03:56:43 pm »
*this page has a few small bloodstains on it*

Entry Twenty-Three

While I was out walking today, looking at nature and all it has to offer, a saw a lone bugbear. He had obviously wondered away from the group and was one of the dumber ones. He was knocking down small trees and killing any animals he saw, even if they ran from him. So I started to follow him, he got himself to a dead end, as he turned around, I sent a bolt flying his way. It didn't kill him, but it must've hurt by the look on his face. He charged at me, and I drew my sword and engaged him. His armor was rather thick and he was quite fast for someone his size. We kept parrying, blocking and exchanging blows, until he opened up. I didn't let this chance escape and sent the tip of my sword through his cold heart. A job well done if I say so myself.

Still no signs of Pranzis, but at least I'm enjoying my time here. It has taught me much, like to be nicer to people, as I have been very controlling and cruel before. It has also taught me to respect nature, as without nature the world would be a very cold and barren place. Tracking and evading the bugbear and giant patrols has taught me much too.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2006, 02:32:04 am »
Entry Twenty Four:

I have finally gotten to somewhere I know, North Point. I stumbled across Lorinder again, so I took a ship to Karthy, then walked to Point Harbor. I went to deliver a leader to a farmer near Thalos river, it seemed he hada small problem with his scarecrows attacking him. So I went to fight them, but there was too many and they had foul magic at play, then killed me.

My soul was bound at North Point so I ended up there. Soon enough I will take the portal back to Hlint.

Even so, I have learnt much from this whole experiance. I have learnt about the world, different places and people, as well as how to live in the wild. And of course, not to fight possessed scarecrows.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 11:02:08 pm »
Entry Twenty Five:

Well, today was interesting. I went to Point Harbor to stop in at the Freelancer for a good long drink from returning to civilisation. Karana and a few others were there and Karana shouted me a drink. We were just talking casually when another man in a jacket started telling a story, he was a sailor, or more specifically, a pirate. He told us of how he had lost his whole crew to Blood's navy and luckily got picked up by a slaver friend and dropped off at land.

It was a somewhat sad story, so a Sea Captain named Jake took him out to get some work. Although it didn't seem like the best idea, as soon after the pirate came running into the Freelancer and started to beat Jake. We seperated them and took them away from eachother. The pirate claimed Jake was selling him into slavery, when Jake replied that the sailor was a slaver himself. As we were talking, the tavern was attacked by some thugs looking for someone. We fought them off though.

We never got the issue settled, but I fear it will turn into something big.

anything