The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Journal Of Jeremy Steel  (Read 303 times)

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
Journal Of Jeremy Steel
« on: April 12, 2006, 05:54:26 am »
Entry One:

It seems all my travelling is not in vain after all. I have just arrived in the small town known as Hlint, the people there seem friendly enough, if a bit deranged on occasion. Although this place isn't what I'm looking for, it shall do for a good pit stop along the way for now. They seem to have large goblin problem on the outskirts of the town, so testing my mettle against them shall truely get me ready for the military.

My destination is Pranzis, where a few pople have told me that they have a standing military force and are always looking for new recruits. But they also said it is a very long and dangerous road, so sticking around this area shall do me for now, until i can get someone to show me the way.

As much as I hate it, it looks like I'm forced to stay here for a while. I can't really stand being here for so long, I must get to Pranzis. Going by this rate, by the time I get there, father will be dead and thus, he'll die knowing I was a failure.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
Re: Journal Of Jeremy Steel
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 05:10:37 am »
Entry Two:

Today was somewhat eventful, after accompanying a halfling to collect some goblin ears, we came across a dead lady. There was nothing we could do for the poor lady, as we called upon a few people to try and help, but none could succeed.

I have had a good look around Hlint and know the surrounding area alot better now. Since I will be here for a while, I decided to help where I could. The tax lady of Hlinthad lost her logbook, but I found it on the body of a half rat, half man in the sewers, of course, she told me to keep it quiet and rewarded me well. On one o my many trips to Fort Llast, I helped the Liuetenant of the guard collect some weapons for the soldiers.

I just need more training, and I believe I would be ready for anything service could throw at me, for I just purchased a helmet and halberd, so not only do I look like a soldier, I am equipped like one.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 07:16:19 am »
Entry Three:

Yet another eventful day, surprisngly enough. After meeting some good people, we headed out to the Sielwood forest to locate a lost family heirloom. I had just previously been there before, but had little luck in finding it. Of course, tragedy struck and I got killed by some rather large spiders. Fortunately whichever god watches over me had enough mercy to put me back on my feet again.

After encountering a large number of kobolds, a few bugbears and a coupel of large jelly cube monsters, we found the necklace on one of the kobolds corpses. The trip back was normal with no ambushes or large spiders. We returned the necklace to the halfling, she was very pleased and rewarded us handsomly.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 03:02:06 pm »
Entry Four:

For once, a pretty nomal day. After doing some simple training exercises, I met with a nice couple who were about to head out for copper in the goblin caves. So I went along, more practice never hurt.

Little did I know, that the husband as actually a blacksmith, so he made me some good splint mail at a reduced price because I helped him get the materials. overall a good day.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 06:56:19 am »
Entry Five:

These last couple of days have been some of the best of my life. After meeting with Kesa after almost dying from training too hard, we ended up doing alot together. Shes my first real friend I have ever had, apart form my family.

We did a few things, mainly shopping, so I got a couple of new outfits that Kesa gave me some advice on. We also killed some goblins with a funny, happy little gnome called Allgo. And yet again we proved how stupid the goblins arre by defeating them when we were outnumbered four to one. I really think Kesa coming into my life has a good thing, shes nice and has fun, to think she tough I'd be bored with her. We also met Ferrit i nthe crafting hall as she was doing some tailoring. So all three of us decided to head to Port Hampshire soon, as everythign is cheap down there, hoepfully we'll find some more people as well.

Not all good news though, with some adventurers telling us of some strange brain eating squid monsters of some srt in the mines near Haven. Not like I was going there anyway, but the warning was useful.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 06:39:36 am »
Entry Six:

Everything has changed... When I first left home, I was so sure of my goal, to be in the army. Now though, it dosen't seem as appealing. Do I really want to be like my father? A man who toiled away everyday in the service of others, just to never see the people he loved? I suppose that didn't hit me at first, but now that I've met Kesa, I have a totally different view on everything.

Kesa...the greatest thing to happen to me in a long time, if not ever. I am still confused about how our relationship is. Only time will tell I suppose, as we both truely care for eachother, have a lot in common, and I don't think anyone has made me so happy ever. Whatever happens, I look forward to it, as I know she won't leave me.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 07:11:33 pm »
Entry Seven:

I feel alot better now. I have decided to be with Kesa, and things have never been better. Of course, I still am not sure with what to do with my life in the long run, but being with Kesa is on the list, as well as my training. I will just let things take their course now and see what happens.

I was going to head with a group of adventurers to the Haven Mines to check out this squid threat, but there were a lot more stronger peopel than me there, so I wasn't needed. So instead I found a very nice and peaceful spot in the hills near there and took Kesa there with me.

I am also saving for some new full plate armor. although it is very expensive, I could get Kyle to make me some, as he is much cheaper and makes better quality then the normal merchantsaround Hlint.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 08:02:03 am »
Entry Eight:

The last few days have been very tiring. They have ben full of training, whether it's doing laps of Hlint, helping move heavy things or killing things, I've done alot. But it has been well worth it, I have been able to afford a new suit of full plate armor and everyone says I fight much better than I used to.

Just when I was having a nice break, Kesa and I decided to go exploring. We ended up going all the way to Leilon, then on a ship to Port Hampshire, looked around there (and was suprised at how cheap things are) then finally headed back home. It was very interesting, but we still both agree that Haven is the nicest place so far.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 07:24:03 pm »
Entry Nine:

Last few days were qute eventful, after stumbling across a young apprentice of the mage Kaya, a large group of us decided to aid him in acquiring what he needed to get. It turned out to be quite interesting, we were running all over the place trying to find ingredients and such. Then we also had a little imp trying to foil us the whole time. Once we finally got them all, Kaya made us do a puzzle for some gold and a couple of rings, as they were supposed to be for the apprentice, but since we did his job, we could get the reward. She put us in a room with 9 boxes with lights over them and gave us 3 cards, saying J, D and G. After a lot of thinking, we figured out those letters stood for who gave us an ingredient, Mage Dalton, Jasmin and the Gypsies. We then put the cards in what color box was the same color as the ingredient those people gave us. We were right! I had no sue for the rings,so took some gold instead.

I am still at a real lack in what to do with my life, it is confusing. I shall have to wait and see, as all I can do is swing a sword. I am getting desperate now, my life lacks all purpose other than to be with Kesa. I know there is more, as she has much more than just being with me.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 05:14:26 am »
Entry Ten:

Another few days, more training. Although a bit more than that has happened though. Like Kesa confessing her love for me, which I think is great, as I feel the same way about her. We also went all the way to Fort Himlad to deliver a letter, a good man named Vilanos helped us get there.

But before that, I was listening to some stories Ozy was telling about Blood and the war andsuch. It was very interesting, as Blood as supposed to be a great tactician, until Ozy devised some tactics to defeat his army at the second siege of Dregar. I intend to read some books about the tactics both sides used and Ozy is going to give me a first hand account of what his tactics were, I look foward to it.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 09:22:06 pm »
Entry Eleven:

Today was a bit out of the ordinary. After walking into Hlint, I talked to Kyle and requested an iron longsword, iron tower shield and an iron bastard sword as a gift to Kesa. But it seemed something else was going on, a group were leaving fo Rodez to search for some amulet in the ruins. Unfortunately Kesa couldn't come, so I went without her. The group consisted of numerous people, I forgot everyone, but Ireth, Kyle and Ketil were there.

Once we left, we had to take the portal there. Unfortunately something went wrong and I was in whever you go when you get teleported longer than everyone else. I really don't like teleportation. Once I got there, I walked around to discover the group with a few dead, they had been ambushed by foul creatures and Slaadi. There was one last ghost thing left so I aided in killing that. Once we got everyone back to normal. we began searching for the amulet.

While everyone was looking, Ozy came along, acompanied with his rather confusing speech about history and what have you. Kyle found the amulet, but Ireth snatched it off him. She seemed very attached to it and wouldn't even let Ozy touch it, which I think is rather odd. After some talking about the amulet and other things, we decided to head back to Hlint. Just so happened I didn't bring enough money, as well ax some other people. After worryinga bit, Ozy came along once more and lent us the money to get out.

There is something about the amulet and Ireth. Why wouldn't she let anyone else hold it? Or even touch it?

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 05:27:24 am »
Entry Twelve:

Everything I lived for, it's gone. Kesa has finally got sick of me and left me. What do I have left to do now? I guess my only chance is to find some group willing to bring in some poor warrior such as I so I have something to do.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 03:06:57 pm »
Entry Thirteen:

My life wastes away. It seems all I've been reduced to. Just kill this, kill that, sure one day I'll be really good, but what use would it be? Other than that, it just seems I've been avoiding Kesa. Just thinking about her is like a flaming dagger through my heart.

There is the war with Blood, I could always join that, then the god's can decide my fate upon the battlefield and I'll go out with glory. But it seems there is some kind of standard for the fighting, which I couldn't possibly reach. I dare not go alone, as they would rip me apart. But how else can I fight them?

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 06:12:08 am »
Entry Fourteen:

So much for all those books about tactics I was expecting. I went to the great library and after a very long and exhausting search I found pretty much nothing.The books were all about other things which do not concern me, mostly about history and religion. I don't mind history, but it didn't go as in depth about how Blood fought, just he was great. I train more everyday, soon I shall be able to fight Blood and his minions.

I saw Kesa today, she said hello to me, but I could not talk to her. I tried, but it seemed like my mouth froze, I just coulnd't bring myself to do it. She doen't know what she has done to me, she thinks it's all nothing, it is more.

I have also decided to start writing my own notes on tactics, sure they will be simple, but they it may come in handy one day.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 05:42:16 pm »
Entry Fifteen:

I feel a lot better now. I went to the desert with a few people, one of them being Kesa. In the few small breaks we had, we had a quick talk. I found out her real reasons for what she did and she still wants to be friends, which is okay. Although she thinks I am angry becuase of her, which has made me more bloodthirsty. She dosen't understand I have to be like this, otherwise I'll never be able to go where I belong, to fight Blood's armies.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2006, 12:59:06 am »
Entry Sixteen:

Well, it seems like I have not much to do now, I think I may have to take up some kind of craft. I will try as many as I can, see which one I like the most. Of course I shall keep up my traning and my book, but it just seems a bit in vain.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 12:00:45 am »
Entry Seventeen:

I am learning how to craft quite well, it is a lot easier with all the books they sell, as it is hard to find advice form other people. I have decided not to limit myself to one craft, instead learning many different kinds, as I never know when I may have need of them.

Everything is biased, with the gods. Wherever I go, I don't see true justice, I see justice in the eyes of the gods. The paladins may think they are doing the right thing, but their belief and their ties to their god corrupt them and make them see differently.

There isn't much else to do, I have to take into my own hands instead of letting all these biased minds unleash their version of justice.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 04:44:02 am »
Entry Eighteen:

People are so ignorant. I do not know why I bother to lead people anywhere, most of them do what they want in the end anyway. The most recent trip down to the Haven mines was only successful because we actually outnumbered the ogres most of the time. The only person who was really disciplined enough was Nepp'akyo. He listenend well and I think we would be a great soldier or scout.

I also went to the Battle Fens recently, seems like I'm not the only one who thinks that. Bjorn lead us there and couldn't control who was with us, which made him very angry. I'd hate to see what happened if Mistone was directly attacked in one way or another.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 01:43:36 am »
Entry Nineteen:

It seems I have been doing a rather large amount of exploring as of late. This time it was to some ruins full of minotaurs on Dregar. Czukay led us. It was rather successful, that is, until Sa'kura and one of the men with us fell in battle. Daeran also got himself lost as well, so we were reduced to 3 of us. Sa'kura got back and we helped her to her grave. On our way out we were ambushed by a large number of minotaurs, they broke the line and killed most of us, including me.

So as I write this, stuck at North Point on Dreger, I have too much time to think. With Daeran lost in the ruins and Ellis with the rest of the family who knwos where now, it's made me think, have I been ignoring my family? A while ago, I was so proud that I was finally going off to join the military like my father, but I've sort of been distracted from that. Should I go back to what i wanted to do all along? What will i do now?

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 08:53:44 pm »
*the writing is rougher than the other pages*

Entry Twenty:

I am lost. It seems I was put on the wrong ship from North Point, I then found myself in Lorindar. There was no ships from there going to Mistone or North Point, only to Karthy and Roldem. I decided against going to Karthy then to Point Harbour, instead I have gone north from Lorindar in hopes of finding Pranzis, then to North Point.

Such a wrong move that was, I am now lost somewhere north of Lorindar. Although I have a good amount of food and water to last me a while, there is bugbears amongst other things patrolling the area. I could not take such a force by myself, so I have been forced to track them and evade them. It is hard, I have never had to survive in the wilderness like this before, but I must adapt, or else I die. I seem to be stuck in between two major bugbear patrols, they are hard to evade and I have not yet tried. So for now I will have to bide my time. My first goal is to find a constant water supply, as I will run out if I'm not careful.

anything