The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Journal of Kyanite Heliodor  (Read 177 times)

blue_blazer

• View Profile
    Journal of Kyanite Heliodor
    « on: December 12, 2012, 07:13:04 pm »
    Satari, Junar 21, 1507

Today was my very first day out in the town of Center. I have been in town's inn, The Bulls-eye, for several days resting and recovering. Oh, and how the inn got it's name is very interesting. The common woman was more then happy to tell me. To think a inns name could change just over game a darts and some drunken dwarves. He strange place. But, then again. I went to Port Hempstead and saw a shop call the Orc basher's shop. Seems the surfacers have a unusual  taste for bashed orc. I also met a giant of a m an by the name of Dev and he was a friendly sort who has decided to help me become stronger so one day I can return just as I promised my father. He helped me navigate Port Hempstead and quickly I was able to find work for a lady who happened to have lost her necklace and needed assistance cleaning out the sewer of vermin.  Dev came with me and gave me guidance on stances and swinging my blade. Granted his bladed was twice my height, he knew the basic and advance techniques of using a dagger.  

We were down in the sewer for the better part of the day hunting the rats and other denizens and I had grown in confidence with my prowess. I did have one slip up when we found some type of priest or shaman lizard-folk, that is at least what  I think Dev called it.  Eventually when clean out what we could and retrieved the woman's necklace. Granted I had to venture down in the vile city sewers but, when I came up I found my confidence and a friend.

After I got my reward Dev asked if I have ever been on a ship. A ship!? what an interesting name and so I told him no but, couldn't wait to give it a go! Well now I'm on said ship sailing to another city called Vehl to once again venture the depth of the city. Crypts this time. But for now I think I'm done writing my stomach does not feel so good. A ship.. no thank you.. next time I'll use my feet!.

blue_blazer

• View Profile
      Re: Journal of Kyanite Heliodor
      « Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 07:31:30 pm »
      Mulnari, Junar 23, 1507

Today was a good lesson for me I think. One, never go by ship if I can help it. Two, daggers are not always the best weapons to use, especially against skeletons. And there were a lot of them. By the time Dev and I got to the lower level I thought my arm was going to fall off. He said it was good exercise to build up my arm strength but, this kind of exercise did not have any rewards.  Three, undead feel no pain and only look at you with one purpose. To kill a devour you. So all my training to find vital points or to slow down the attacked were pointless. Four,  If your weapon is doing the right amount of damage, your feet will be put to use. I have forgotten when I had to jump and dodge attacks so much.

Dev enjoyed my "dancing" as he called it but, again he was there to guide me with my technique. Well, between his chuckling. Granted not much he could do to instruct me as I brought a knife to a club fight. He did help with more stances and advising me to stay on the balls of my feet so I get a quicker spring.

Oh! anyway, I forgot to mention that we were going down in the crypts to help a shady halfling undertaker with retrieving some dust.  And I like to mention that this was the second place Dev has taken me to a place that wreaks of death.  We got the dust and the coin! Yay me! Tomorrow Dev is talking about taking me to the woods. Finally some place that won't stink!