The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Journal of Nobwocket  (Read 182 times)

Nyralotep

Journal of Nobwocket
« on: December 28, 2005, 09:17:00 pm »
Exhaustion………

I have investigated many, many graveyards.  There seems to be a higher intelligence or power that is very faint at some of the older graveyards I have visited.  Under cover of darkness and invisibility I have spoke to the long dead and the freshly buried.   I have traveled Mistone from the uppermost city to the lowermost city.  I have traveled Rilara and some of Dregar.  I have gathered pitiful little information from the dead and not much more from the undead.  

I thought that maybe the temple of Branderbuck might be of some help.  That was a fool’s errand.  I don’t know why I ever thought I might get some kind of help from those disorganized pleasure seekers.  I will have no more to do with them.  I might be able to glean some information from temple of Corath but they are so unpredictable that I balk at the idea.  There has to be more of a force than mere chance and unpredictability to the undead.  Is there not a unifying force?  

The minor undead do not have much in the way of intelligence; they know nothing of their previous existence and precious little of their current state.  I need one of the more powerful undead to consult.  But the more powerful undead are much more dangerous and not altogether trustworthy.  However many of those, especially the older ones may know of  sources of which I am ignorant.

I think I will head back to the more civilized areas, maybe even to Hlint.  I have been gone so long that I doubt those I knew are there any longer.  Hlint always seemed to be more…..accepting of those who differ.    Hopefully there are fewer Dwarves there than before, I tire so easily of Dwarven arrogance.  They do have their purposes though.

I must tread carefully however as I need the help of others…others who will look down on me as a ghoulish Gnome.  Some will see me as evil so I must be careful.  I must seek out an alliance of sorts…..

Nyralotep

Journal of Nobwocket Dernhelm
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 09:51:45 pm »
How delicious is the irony of life. I left Bloody gate to be away from Dwarves and I find myself with some that actually are decent in their dealings with me. I think I have even started to consider some my friend.
  My studies continue......it seems as if the intelligent undead are but servants of Corath. Anything observed by them would eventually find it's way back to the master of them, or at least that is my guess based on what I have observed. The unintelligent ones seem to simply be mindless re-animated material with no real connection to any higher power like the intelligent ones.
  I have questioned the smelly one at great length but I think it reveals less than it knows. At any rate I don't trust it other than to question the tyrantfog. And the so called clergy of Branderback I foolishly followed has no answers other than to seek out the clergy of the Black Sun, something I will not do. Better to not have gone there in the first place, I certainly will never again.
  It seems that Corath simply takes the soul of a departed one and corrupts the soul to suit whatever purpose needed. I only fear to meet someone I once knew who has been so corrupted and forced into servitude in such a fashion. All chaos and all evil.....I cannot accept that the only path of those that study the dead must be so corrupted. I must increase my studies into the art of Necromancy......There must be another power that is either unrevealed or lost.
  I need to bind one of the flesh eaters and questionit but I fear it will be a dead end. I need to find an ancient undead who is that way by choice and will entertain my questions. Maybe I can find another besides the master of the Dark Sun who can help me to further understand what happened to my parents.

Nyralotep

A new direction?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 12:13:09 pm »
I find myself more at a crossroads than ever before as I have come back from another extended period of research.  The more I try and follow the road I found myself on the more I find that it is not leading me to a solution and will end up leading me where I no longer have a desire to tread.  I find myself less  interested in studying the undead and not seeking power as that power from what I have seen corrupts the one who seeks it.  I have even stopped bringing forth any of the undead who will answer my summons.  It seems to unnerve any who see it and is generally not well received.  As time go by I find that I find myself questioning my motivations and desires.  I find that the motivations that put me on the road I am on are not as important as I once thought they were to me.  I have started to experience something I have sought but never received when I was younger....acceptance and even friendship.

I find I enjoy the company of others more and especially those kin that I meet up with.  I've met up again with Cideous and traveled with him.  An odd one indeed as he comes from the depths but very much a good one to travel with.  He seems unafraid of enemy spell casters, even shrugging off their spells with no effect to him.  Truly not one to have as an enemy but a friend.  

I met up with Honora again and spoke with he for a bit of old times.  Mikey apparently left for parts unknown with no word as to where he went or if he might be back.

I also met another....Avar I think his name was.  Seemed to be more of a shadow than anything when he would walk into an area with giants.

I have also met one name Abiorn....a cousin that seems to follow the school of the Kin.  Although somewhat odd he has shown to be of good character.  He also has a sister I met that seems to command divine magic of some sort I have not yet determined.

The other day we cleared out what looked like an abandoned temple of some diety.  Mostly vermin of the region were in the temple and nothing else of note.  There are some vampires in the area and it would be nice to determine the reason they are even there.  Something to look into later though.

Met Bumblebee and Voon Loom today as well as Goldwin Blacknight.  We first went to firesteep to collect resources there for Voon and met many of the ill tempered residents of that area.  I was helping Beasty lay low a caster when I myself was laid low by a high circle spell and apparently raised by Voon who is a follower of Beryl.  I need to talk to him later about that......I've been having second thoughts on the one I thought I followed.  I even asked him if we may talk about Beryl later to which he agreed.  He mentioned he was a 'Fire Opal' in Her service.....no idea yet what that means but time will tell.

I met up with another party today and met some people I have not met and some I did.  I met Quantum Windword there who seems to be rather competent with weapons and some apparently divine magics from what I was able to ascertain.  We ventured into Frindahl Fortress where I was nearly laid low by a large denizen of that place.  Amazingly painful is how I would best describe it.  The party managed to wrest some items from the inhabitants grasp but I was merely content to be still in one piece.  I met two fellow Wizards there, one name Malor and one named Savin who were able to help me acquire scrolls of spells I did not have.  Bumblebee was going to have an article in the letter he is publishing so that might be interesting to see what I may have missed.