The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Journal of Riverwave nas T'jara  (Read 63 times)

jadeia

• View Profile
    Journal of Riverwave nas T'jara
    « on: July 22, 2005, 01:39:00 am »
    OOC: Is this the correct forum to post a journal which will detail a character's development through the world, leading eventually to DM CDQ's and the option of taking PrC's?

Just wanted to confirm before I started any novels :)

Rasterick

RE: Journal of Riverwave nas T'jara
    « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 02:06:00 am »
    It most certainly is, I look forward to reading it.

jadeia

• View Profile
      RE: Journal of Riverwave nas T'jara
      « Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 02:24:00 am »
      Morning, Dead Eye of Winter Night, Just South of the village of Hlint

I've just arrived on the outskirts of the village of Hlint, and it looks just like the wyrm showed it to me in the dream. It's surrounded by a large wooden wall in most parts, but it seems mostly for show. I doubt it would hold up to a horde of goblin-kin but it seems adequate enough for a human town.

I've never been this far out before, and have heard only a few things of this place. It's human built and run, and I havnt seen many others pass me on the road here. It's looks fairly dreary, but I guess all adventures start in such places.

I get the feeling I'm going to be here for a while. I'm down to a few peices of rations, and I lost my favourite sword crossing the river! I cant beleive it, it was the one Lanessa gave me last year, and it was the last thing she ever gave me before she left...

Well, the sun is coming up now, and it looks like it's going to actually shine a bit. Perhaps some warmth? Would be nice. I'm heading into town and we'll see what happens.

Late Evening, World Tree of Winter Night, Village of Hlint

It's been an interesting few days, and I've got a lot to report.

Firstly, I walked into town without much fanfare, which is good. I half expected the villagers to be picketing the gates at the site of a lone elf slinking into town but I came in without much more than a sideways look really.

First things first, I had a look around and found that although quaint, the local merchants had most things on hand, so I bought a new blade (no where near as sharp as Lanessa's), and a small bow. Its been a while since I used a bow, so I spent the afternoon practicing my fishing. Did well, caught three Carp, tasted awful, decided to sell them on.

My first night I was asked to deal with the usual small-town's goblin problem. I scouted a few of them out, but they were actually quite well prepared. I managed to take down a few of the scouts, but I didnt dare go in to their camp as there were quite a few.

So I looked for some other things to do to ty and earn some coin, ground myself, and learn what I could about the Blood...

I soon found myself in the sewers looking for some book for a forgetful human girl in the village. She told me it would be no problem - I should have known straight away what that would mean.

The place was infested with rats of course (not as clean as ours), and some straneg white fungal growth which was a bit concerning. Anyway, I maanged to find my way to the bottom of this dreadful place when I came across, interestingly enough, a trap... Straight away I knew something was up, because Rats certainly do not lay traps and locks doors... My interest piqued, I carefully removed the device (and sold it later for a few gold), and picked my way into the room.

It wasnt long before I woke up with a splitting head ache under a large elm tree by the fishing spot in the town... I remembered rats, lots of rats crawling over me just before the BIGGEST rat I have ever seen jumped on me...

I guess..  I died? Or maybe not... i dont know.. What I do know is Im going to need some help!

Bright Eye of Winter Night - The Sewers, Village of Hlint

Good news! Revenge and the sweet taste of success!

After my unfortunate encounter in the sewers I realised I'd need some help. Hanging around the Inn I figured would be the best place to round up some local yobs in order to get some help.

Not before long I grouped up with an orc, half giant, a mage and some creepy hooded guy (with a NICE bow!). The Giant had a massive glowing hammer so i knew he would be JUST THE GUY for the job.. A smash and grab guy.

Before too long, our small group headed down into the sewers again. They pretty much cleared the way for me, as I lead them down into the lower levels, though these seemed to know where to go, oddly enough.

Before I could mention the trap, they set it off, and we were in the room again. This time I stood back and took it all in as I didnt have much time previously. As a battle ensued with a horde of rats, I saw it... This.. Thing.. Half rat, half man... It seemed to leap down from the ceiling and descended into the middle of the group. I think it saw me and remembered me, because it came straight for me!

I dived into the nearest shadow I could find and brought out my blade and prepared. Luckily though the giant saw this thing as Lunch and decided to grab it by the scruff of his neck. Before the rat thing could take another step toward me, its neck was broke, and the giant was skewering peices of it onto his belt... I shudder to think...

I searched the corpse and found the book that I needed, and after a short search around the place we all headed up.

There was this secret passage through the wall on the first level that lead into the tavern, which was great. Broke, I decided to return the book immidiately as the others in the group went to the bar. The woman (she made me swear not to reveal her name so i wont) thanked me enough, and paid me 200 coins!

That night I stayed in a nice soft down bed on a full stomach of warm food and fine ale. I meditated well into morning and reconnected myself with my thoughts and feelings...

The next morning I was scouting the goblin kin again in an attempt to please the Quartermaster (a gruff no nonsense human with unusually large nostrils in my opinion) when I bumped into Cei. At first I wasnt sur it was him and had to double take, but sure as a Gnome is smelly, it was him alright.

It had been at least fiveor six years since I'd last seen Cei, and it wasnt long before we began to hunt again (just like old times) and talk about a strange co-incidence that brought us both here... It was then that I realised something very strange was going on... First, my vision of the Wyrm and the calling I have felt to come here (to a place I have never visited before), and then finding out that Cei had a simliar dream - in which a great wyrm had "summoned" him to defend against this "Blood".

It's now dawning on me just what exactly I have gotten myself into. At least I wont be alone, as my best friend will be here with me, and together I'm sure we'll have many adventures.

I just hope he's still not angry about the incident with his girlfriend...