The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Koppig Varken  (Read 250 times)

Pen N Popper

Koppig Varken
« on: December 12, 2005, 05:14:00 pm »
Leaning heavily on the rails of the pen, Koppig squints at the pair of unclaimed oxen.  With a crooked grin that displays stained and rotten teeth, he throws the twig he had been using to pick his teeth at the nearest one.

"Yous is not for listenings Pig," he says with a grunt.  "Is not need for be scary, Pig not can eatering yous."

Wiping his dripping nose with the back of a broad hand, Koppig returns to his tale.

"Pig is find new home Hlint," he says, casting gaze around darkening town. "Is meet manies for need strong smashering.  Is even can sleepings in-in."

With this he grabs the long handle of a well-used maul leaning beside him. Swinging it lazily over the fence towards the cowering oxen, laughing with a snort.

Sweeping the maul head low along the ground inside of the pen, he says "Pig is smashings lot littles like this.  Them littles get broken.  Pig is for learn smash manies."

With a thump that buries the head of the maul deep into the pen's soil, he ceases his clumsy swings.  A gurgling belch sends a breeze of fetid air towards the near-panicing animals.

"Pig get lot shinies," he says with a swaying nod of his oversized head, "then buy yous for eatering."

With that he lumbers off towards the heart of Hlint, trailing the maul behind him along the dusty path.

Pen N Popper

RE: Koppig Varken
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 04:55:00 pm »

Pen N Popper

Re: Koppig Varken
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 04:40:33 pm »

Pen N Popper

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 06:04:43 am »
Updated on LORE http://nwn.layonara.com/Pen%20N%20Popper#4 -- Discussion on half-giants and Vorax

Pen N Popper

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 06:27:23 am »
Updated on LORE http://nwn.layonara.com/Pen%20N%20Popper#5 -- Catching Up

Pen N Popper

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 07:06:53 am »
Updated on LORE http://nwn.layonara.com/Pen%20N%20Popper#tavern_quest -- Door-to-door Ale Sales

Pen N Popper

RE: Koppig Varken
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 02:04:21 pm »
It's been a couple weeks since I pulled Pig off the trash heap. My LORE page was changed over to Bumblebee so I'll just keep notes here.
  My general frustration with gaining XP for my preferred playing style is what drove me back to Pig. Not a bad thing as he was a fairly solid character when I dumped him, albeit shallower than Bumblebee. He can at least solo things for a dribbling of XP, where Bumblebee was forced to just idle about in hopes of a story when no one was around to explore with. Pig is a lot less work than Bumblebee too since I don't have all the OOC hastles of trying to get a newsletter out every week. Getting Pig to WL status is an outrageously ambitious feat. I expect not to have the patience for this.

• Level: 14
    • Current XP: 2355597
    • Rewarded quest hours since Oct 10th: 5
     Of course, I wish to push the envelope of what is possible ingame and maximize the tools the Layonara team is providing. Here are some ideas I've had for a while that Pig would be good at implementing.
      Freelancer Combat Academy
      When I put Pig aside last time, I wondered why he would ever be considered "epic." At that time, to take any epic levels one had to submit for and pass a ECDQ. Now, however with dozens of epic level PCs running about I think I can stack up against their contributions to the world. I am able to participate in very, very few quests so that is still a concern: Can a player become a WL without going on any quests?
      In preparation for Pig becoming a WL, he is starting a school, the Freelancer Combat Academy. What better way to mix RP with bashing? It feels a bit OOC for him to do such a thing with any amount of intelligence, but I cover my tracks in two ways: First ICly he has Freelancer brethren to assist him. Second, why should I hold myself to such a high standard as to not enjoy the game? Lots of stupid & ugly PCs do lots of OOC things, I'm certainly not walking that close to the edge of OOCness.
      The basics:

• A student class will form at the beginning of each ingame year. They will progress over four ingame years to graduation (about four RL months).
      • Uniforms for each year (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) asa symbol of their progression.
      • Duties will perhaps include:
        • Scheduling one player event per month.
        • Attending another student's player event each month.
        • Attending at least one class per month.
        • Knowing some basic facts about all the Freelancer founders that are instructors at the academy.
        • Knowing some basic facts about the upperclass students.
        • Perhaps some recognition of seniority (greeting fellow students with respect, etc.)
        • It will be martial arts based (weapons are required).
         Vorax
          Vorax has always been an important RP hook for Pig. He has found a 21st level cleric of Vorax that has agreed to teach him. He now has several emotes that incorporate Vorax' name and blessings.
          There is a chance he may switch from heavy flail to greataxe focus. Not sure if he can afford all the feats required or not. I shouldn't have been so strict with myself starting out and chosen that weapon to begin with.
          Fishing & Buried Treasure
          I plan on trying out the buried treasure system w/ fishing. Pig will pretend to leave live traps at various lakes. Inside will be a couple fish as well as rewards like coins, iron weapons, boots, etc. Really anything he finds in his journies. I'll then hire lower level PCs to go retrieve the fish telling them that the fish sometimes eat odds and ends that fall into the water.