The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Life according to Elric  (Read 56 times)

Elric

• View Profile
    Life according to Elric
    « on: October 03, 2005, 03:33:00 pm »
    Where do I begin....There has already been so many things said, so many things done. I came to Hlint unsure of it's people....Unsure of this war for which I was so unceromoniously drafted. My mother had always taught me about love and  forgiveness. My mentor taught me to protect the weak. I wasn't sure how I really felt about it.

When I met some people of Hlint, the reaction to my skin was mixed. Only a few showed open contempt. Several were very willing to sell me equipment but at unheard of prices. I knew it would be difficult but I  decided to settle in.

Early on I met F'la a wild elf from the north. He readily accepted me for my bravery and honour in combat and we  travelled extensively through the Sielwood.

I met Trysk today he is a gifted warrior and a true friend.

Then I met Jet. He was everything a warrior should be.

I completed several tasks  in Hlint, then explored outward. I discovered a crypt in Krandor today. I spent many hours trying to get past the trapped door to slay the filthy undead, but I nearly died trying. When I emerged from the crypt I met Sahala. She was a Drow also. We connected on a deep level. However where she seems to regret her heritage, I only regret the friends lost to mine. We worked well together to destroy the evil in the crypts and rescue the ashes for the little girl. Then we decided to go to the Greypeaks. We had alot of fun but ultimately got our arses handed to us by the ogre mages. We agreed to met up later when we were more experienced to retrieve the Oil.

I met Ozymandias, Brisbane, and Enzo tonight. we killed a lot of Lizardmen to my relief. The town will be protected for some days. Ozymandias is a tortured soul and I am sad for him. Perhaps some day he will come into the light.

The Seilwood has become all too familiar lately so I ventured to the West of Hlint today. I spent some time clearing the swamps but I am afraid the lizarmen have an unbreakable hold there.

In my travels I came upon an elf in the woods. Inspite of my efforts to befriend him he attacked me relentlessly. So I was forced to slay him. My dreams are troubled by the look of terror in his eyes as he died. It was a lawful engagement but I am troubled by his death. He didnt deserve death, I should have protected him. Somehow I feel I failed him. Perhaps if I had chosen the higher path sooner, I could  have befriended him.

The Knights of the Wyrm still elude me. I am sure my mentor is right, I must help protect the world. One cannot stand aside and allow natural balance to decide fate. I must make a stand for what is right. I owe my mother and my mentor that much. I must enter the paladinhood.

I took Ashall and some of his friends to Sielwood cave today. I had been trying to clear the evil there unsuccessfully for weeks.I casually mentioned I had the bards necklace on me if anyone needed it. No one said anything. Later when we returned to town Ashall imperiously demanded it from me. He is a necromancer. My distate for those of the shadow grows. Good is the answer.

Elric

• View Profile
      RE: Life according to Elric
      « Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 03:16:00 pm »
      Met up with Yossarian, Gravas, and lokri today. Those dwarves are a blast.We went to the Kaldor crypt to try to purge the Evil there, but I got purged. Evil is not easily defeated it seems. I learned a valuable  lesson about staying back some when you are reflecting on your grave. I died  again in ordinary combat.

anything