The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Quest for the Prize  (Read 81 times)

Pseudonym

Quest for the Prize
« on: May 18, 2009, 11:44:58 pm »
*Arkolio steps out of the headquarters of the Vault Bank in Vehl. The sights and sounds of the docks are loud in his ears. He takes a deep breath and smiles. The smile seems genuine, as genuine as it ever gets.*

"I like this town. I think i'll take it."

Pseudonym

Re: Quest for the Prize
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 11:45:28 pm »

Pseudonym

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 11:54:09 pm »

Pseudonym

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 07:38:23 am »

Pseudonym

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 11:27:41 pm »
Sweeping the Streets.

// 50,000 true donated to Temple of Rofirein in Vehl, for provision of guards, equipment and training. //

Pseudonym

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 07:33:05 pm »
// Amended link for above - here. I have left the one above as is so Carillon's confirmation can still be seen. //

Pseudonym

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 11:31:10 pm »
One of Many Spokes to the Wheel.

Pseudonym

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 08:16:45 pm »
Grass roots support (Well, licorice roots to be precise).

1,000 licorice roots distributed to the children of Vehl.

Pseudonym

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 11:48:08 pm »

Pseudonym

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 05:19:39 am »
Copy of PM to LordCove re CDQ.

Hey LC

Okay, here is what I was thinking. A CDQ which is one of the spokes on Ark's wheel of Vehl domination.

This one involving eliminating many of the present underworld criminal element to make room for his own employees (by employees I mean thugs, pimps, stand-over men, hookers, illicit substance dealers, fences, pickpockets, begging racketeers, cutthroats and the like).

The Process.

Identify potential targets and their strengths, weaknesses, etc. As to how, I'm not sure how much can be assumed he already knows and how much he would have to learn. His businesses, The Vault Tier One and Tier Two, are located there. He has a whole lot of the refugees from Sall's WLDQ working in Vehl that I would imagine might have contact with all sorts of Vehl's undesirable element in some capacity or another. He would endeavor to gain access to the Rofireinites files on some of the criminal gangs at work in Vehl, either through Sasha or under the guise of trying to help - he has already given money over to help their policing of this area. Ark does not however want to do anything so obvious that the Rofireinites might say, "Hold on, Ark was looking at the file on the Ragged Knives gang yesterday and today they are all floating in the river!". More subtlety, less risk of fingers pointing his way the day after.

Anyways, some of this might be assumed, some of this you might say needs to be determined by some means prior to running of the CDQ. Lemme know.

Ark is currently brewing a whole lot of bastard sword spider poison. The intention is to poison many/all of the city's water supplies on the day in question. Not lethal dosages, just he wants the town in disarray on that day. People lethargic, town militia distracted, his targets to have their wariness and readiness at a low ebb. Lemme know how much you think is needed to do this properly.

The CDQ itself. The fun bit!

A nasty crew made of some of Ark's associates who don't mind getting their hands dirty and their blades bloody - G'ork, Alandric, Revone, Leisa, Brandin, Ni'haer, Elealphabet, Verdin, Liar, others - to strike against multiple targets on a night of bloody slaughter. // Makes me think of Arnie in True Lies when his wife asks has he killed anybody and he says "Yes, but they were all bad!" // One night all the folks of Vehl go to bed (albeit with tummy cramps from bastard sword poison in their drinks) and the next morning, all the low lifes are dead ... to be replaced by a whole new crew of low lifes!

I had been thinking of also enlisting a crew of well intentioned 'good' PCs but, funny enough, the risks are greater of things blowing up in his face with good aligned helpers than the evil ones!

Ummm, what else? Assuming all goes well (ie badly for some) the next day Ark has his own people step into some of the rapidly vacated positions and also word drifts onto the street that anyone new who wants to do business in Vehl better keep a healthy cut of their earned coin for the boss.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Matt/Pseudonym

Pseudonym

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 11:08:44 pm »
Post #17.

// Part stirring, part jealousy, part distraction from anything happening in Vehl.

Pseudonym

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 09:16:15 pm »
// I lost the log but just for posterity Ark had a lengthy chat to Angela and Alantha last night and told them if they had family or friends in Vehl who might get caught up in the storm that approached ... to get them out. A small risk of word leaking out but also cemented trust with the powerful duo. //