« on: September 24, 2005, 11:33:00 am »
    Full Name: Lulu
    Class(es): Rogue5/Ranger15
    Race: Elf
    Subrace: Wild Elf
    Alignment: Neutral
    Deity: Kithairien

Short Bio:

She had been travelling eastwards across the wood for a week now, keeping away from paths and signs of human habitation. Her simple leather clothes were worn and dirty and her sable bangs were lank and greasy, her dark skin torn by thorns. There'd been little wildlife in this part of the forest for the last few days and all she had found were some roots and berries and her hunger had become quite palpable.
        Ahead, through the trees she caught a glimpse of the reflected evening sun and soon a small clearing came into view. Entering the grove she was heartened to see the reflection came off the water of a most beautiful clear pool that had gathered below a small granite cliff...

Two dark figures flitted between the shadows of the oaks and beeches, carefully avoiding the patches of reddening sunlight, and as they walked they argued in their guttural tongue:
        "Fool! The Captain will have your guts for garters for this! Its night already and we are nowhere near the camp!"
        "Light upon you, brother! We have information he will value! Stop your incessant whining or I'll cut you down as you stand you dog!"
         The first to speak stopped, laying his hand on his dagger and snarled and his accomplice turned and lay his own hand upon his sword hilt. Thus they stood for several seconds with violence simmering. But then each heard something that caused them both to turn north - their keen senses had heard the strangest thing in this deep wood: the sound of singing. The first turned to the second and grinning said in whispered voice:
         "Do i hallucinate dear brother or can i hear the voice of a surface elf singing one of their delightful songs?"
         The second was already smiling and drawing his sword with a flourish he lead the way through the deepening shadows. Within minutes the sounds had led them to the edges of a dark grove. In the middle was a deep pool and in the deep pool was a dark form...
          "She bathes," said the second "maybe she would like company?"

Insects had come later in the night and settled on her wounds. She watched through her left eye, for her right would not open. She wondered to herself about whether they would lay eggs on her and whether it would matter if the two dark elves finished her off soon. And she wished with all her heart they would end her misery and her pain for she knew her mind and soul could take no more. She was strong for a young wild elf but her bindings were tight and well-wrought and she had struggled at first until overcome by the pain they had inflicted on her. She focused ahead and could see they still sat in the middle of the dark grove, eating and whispering in their filthy language and she knew not what they said...
    Then in her fever and agony her mind wandered back to the moment when she said goodbye at the graves of her grandmother and grandfather in the grotto where the three had made their home... to sword practice with grandpa... to climbing her first oak and looking eastwards to the far off shimmering seas... and further further back to the dimmest memory of leaving the village in the far south and the pain of knowing she would never see her parents again...

"You are nothing but an insect my younger brother and as such you WILL do what i command. The Patriarch will pay a tidy sum for one of these rarities. She's not some insipid surface elf maiden with flowers in her hair! She's as strong as a mule and as spirited as a wild wolf..."
         "And that my dearest sibling is WHY i want to keep her! And if you won't let me i will cut your throat while you sleep you piece of dung..."
         The second snarled at the first and the first scowled at the second and their cold eyes met across the embers of the fire. The second grinned for his pathetic brother was always full of brave words and he turned to reach for another swig from the bottle of wine by his side. But as his fingers touched the cold glass his brother was suddenley a blur of motion and the younger's dagger swung and caught the moonlight as it scythed across his brother's throat. An arc of blood rose and fell upon the grass as the two figures became one and hands gripped and clawed...

She saw them fight and eventually one figure rose with his dagger still in his hand and he moved forward towards her and he was grinning most evilly. And somehow from somewhere a great strength entered her body and she knew it was now or never and with all her might she strove to break the bonds that held her. And raising her arms she screamed out at the night and lo! they broke and she was free! Now her captor was both dismayed and surprised and so as she leapt upon him he raised not his dagger and she cast it aside and took his throat in her hands and forced him back onto the grass. And thus she choked him as he writhed in vain unable to pull her hands from his ebon gullet...

She fell back upon the grass and wept long even till the sun began to sink below the trees once more...

Short Description: Small and wiry with very dark brown skin and black hair. Her common is poor and she is wary of all but elves. Dressed in simple leathers and bearing bow and sword. She starts off as Neutral due to the events detailed above and the fact she seeks revenge on dark elves. Her history may lead her back towards good or perhaps down towards evil depending on the roleplay she gets involved in...

steverimmer

RE: Lulu
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 12:08:00 pm »
    Nice bio and as such there is nothing at all wrong with it except that as wild elf is a subrace you need to wind that into her bio as well.  This is mainly to prevent people from taking subraces for their bonuses and not RP reasons.  Sometimes the origen of a character can add future history in the form of CDQ's and such, which is what happened to one of my characters.  This can make a character more interesting to play from an RP point of view.

max hatchet

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 05:53:00 am »
      okies... i tried to put the fact she was a wild elf in her story subtly. Would you like me to make addtitions to the story or in the description of her character traits?

stormspirit

• Followers of Lucinda
        • View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 02:54:00 pm »
      Approved and Welcome to Layonara

The server IP is 64.127.106.68 and Layonara can be found under Roleplay on Gamespy.

The server password is layoplayer