The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Memoirs of Angelica Swann  (Read 52 times)

Meizter

• Followers of Mist
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
Memoirs of Angelica Swann
« on: October 03, 2005, 04:13:00 am »
*A small leatherbound jounal*

The Memoirs of Angelica Swann

These are the first words of my journal. I have just bought this in Tibum. We have been at sea for some time now, and I must admit I like it. The sailors pray to Mist when we sail, fearing her might over the ocean. I have spoken at lengths with them about her, and she is a fearsome goddess. A goddess of chaos and yet she respects those that dare oppose the chaos, as the sailor who still tries to save his ship in the midst of a tempest. It is fascinating, and I in some way understand what they mean, I have even begun to make my own prayers to Mist before we leave port and set sails. I think Angela feels the same way though I am not quite sure.

I often think back on our time in Lorindar. I don’t really know what got into us, why did we do as we do; perhaps it was our rebellion against the protection of our parents. I don’t know but I long to see our parents. I hope they are safe and sound, perhaps I should send word with the next vessel I see headed for Lorindar. I still wonder what our father really thinks of what we did, I know somewhere that he must be terribly disappointed with us. He tried so hard to raise us to be good girl, gave us what we needed and yet we did as we did and became thieves. I admit it was fun, I had a good time, but yes I know it was wrong. We ratted out the thieves though, but two wrongs make a right, ratting someone out is normally bad, but then again did the end here not justify the means. I guess it did. I guess there is a fine line to walk between right and wrong in all aspects of life. A narrow path, or perhaps a razors edge really, I don't know I am just rambling now, but still it is an interesting question. I have learned my lesson from this though, I should try to do what's right, the only problem is then what is right? I guess only time can tell.

Oh I should write this, for it is really interesting. Some time ago I met a man in a port who claimed to be a sorcerer. He told me that he could cast magic without the need to study as the wizards do, that he feels this tingle in his body as I do. Perhaps I have the gift of sorcery, it would be awesome. I know how to fight a little and with magic and Angela to aid me we could do grand things. Perhaps we shall soon try going ashore to see some of the countryside’s. We are now headed for Karthy on Rilara, perhaps from there we shall take a trip inwards to see the lands.

Meizter

• Followers of Mist
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
RE: Memoirs of Angelica Swann
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 04:14:00 am »
I have arrived here in a town called Hlint and while walking around I met this man called Ozymandias or Ozy. He is an odd fellow, licked my cheek and everything with a black long tongue. I thought he was a fiend and he thought me an elf, but only one of us was right. He was kind enough to give me a tour of town while I waited for Angela to arrive. It is a nice town and Ozy was an excellent guide, even had some suggestions on my clothes, or should I say he had suggestions on how much of it to wear. It’s funny for it seems all the men in this town can’t help looking at us. I walked through town a bit hurt from a hard fight when suddenly a lot of men gathered around sis and me and started to bandage our wounds, ask if we needed help, and so on. Perhaps good looks can prove useful here. One guy in particular seems taken with sis and me, this Monshira took us down the crypts but alas I fell and Kai had to help me. He is so strong and fierce in battle really. But this Monshira, who is REALLY REALLY OLD offered me a bow for only 500 coins, and he said they are normally sold for about 2500. I think I’ll stay around him for a while when he offers such good deals, and with my new outfit I am sure that’ll not change for a while. Anyways there seems to be much to do here in town so sis and I can make some coins and do some good, so it’s not that bad I think.

Oh yes, when we were out hunting goblins I suddenly felt this huge tingle in my body and I felt magic flow through me, and I did cast a spell. It came so naturally really that I’m almost surprised by it. I will try to train my control of it, perhaps I’ll be a great sorceress on day, that would be something, and then Ozy would have a new tale to tell, the tale of “the sword wielding sorceress”.

Meizter

• Followers of Mist
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 04:14:00 am »
Today I heard about some demon being loose so sis and I travelled to Fort Llast where we joined with others to find and remove this balor lord. Oh my have I ever met a more annoying person than the one who was there. Tedulas was his name and just thinking about him give me an urge to..well something not very pleasant for him. He kept on and on about how he had found this scroll and it was his and even if it might summon some necromancer of old he would see it to an end, even though I suggested he saw it to an end in one of the fires at the temple. I don’t know why this man makes me so mad. We went to see a Popian the Wizard in the Queens castle in Blackford and he introduced us as Tedulas Darkhand and allies. I’ll be damned if I’ll be called an ally, it has a ring of inferiority to it, and I won’t take that. Still I kept my mouth shut as perhaps the greater good was at stake. Then the wizard wanted us to kill some walking trees, treants are they called I think, but Fokin was opposed to that. Oh and did our great and mighty leader give any heed, no he just accepted the mission, well he did until Kurgaz spoke up, he is a defender of Vorax just like Fenrir is. I wonder what he thinks a bossy person is, this character said when we met in Llast that he hoped no bossy persons were around, I don’t think there were any except one, HIM! Well perhaps he listens to that Alissa, a little lass with the skull of a dead goat on her head, how charming. I guess she is a real country girl. In any case we did remove the balor, and that is what matters I guess. I just don’t hope I have to do anything with that guy again!

Meizter

• Followers of Mist
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 04:14:00 am »
It has been a while since I wrote in my journal last. I have met this man called Kaizer or just Kai, and how easy it is to charm him with a wink and a smile. I even got him to make me a blade and give me an armour made of cougar leather. Only for a few kisses and smiles, oh men are so simple really. Just show them a bit of skin and a smile and they’ll do anything it seems. I sure think I’ll like it here in town. Problem is Kai is married, but then again he don’t seem to mind, so why should I, I am not married. He took Angela and me to the Berhagens to see the giants. Oh my, those are big and they hit really hard with their huge axes and clubs.

Also I found a temple of the Lady Doom in a town called Leilon, and offered her my prayers there. I have not prayed for a while, but I should remember it for it seems luck has been with me ever since I did, and my magic is really improving. Only thing is my armour hinders my movements sometimes when I cast my spells. I wonder if I one day shall learn to ignore the chafing when I move my arms while uttering my incantations and letting the magic rip through me to strike my foes down. Perhaps it may come with practice or perhaps there is some unknown trick to it. In any case I’ll have to learn I guess.

Meizter

• Followers of Mist
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 12:55:00 am »
I have left Hlint and all the trouble there for a while. Right now I’m sitting on a ship bound for North Point. There are so many things that cloud my mind or there were, so I left. I have given my sis a letter and told her to tell Reef that I have left.

I wonder if sis is allright. It was a terrible mess with her and that Sy’Ravenne. Indeed Sy deserves to fall of a boat and feel the embrace of the water. She treated my sister badly, first saying she loved her and then spurning her the next day. I told Sy once as she was coming on to me, that if she ever hurt my sister I would hurt her, and by Mist I mean that. I will perhaps one day return and have revenge on her, for indeed she deserves to be hurt. No one should treat others like that and especially not my sister.

I still sometimes think about the goblins party we saw before I left. We were tricked into a well and a labyrinth by some priest of Shadon it seems and then it was all a joke, and a party. Still it was fun, I met this man called Wanonahead, who is a road warden. He was interesting to talk to, but I think he was a bit taken aback when I asked if it was true that toranites had wicked parties in secret chambers. I am only joking of course, but it was truly funny to see him jump back from me as if I was something wicked.

And speaking of people I should have sent a letter to that Brualot, whom Serg said was the leader of some circle of mages and sorcerers. Could have been interesting to see what it was all about.

Sometimes I do miss the commotion in Hlint, here nothing much happens really. I just work and then practice my magic when I have the time. I guess I should get back to work, perhaps one day we will make port in Hamp and I’ll go see how people are.

Meizter

• Followers of Mist
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 01:24:00 am »
I have returned to Hlint, and it seems only two days after sis returned from a trip trying to find me. It’s good to see her again, and she is doing well it seems. She even found another love called Abi, she is really nice to be around and they do look very happy together. Oh and speaking of loves, Sy has died. I couldn’t help smiling when I heard, seems she got what she deserved in the end. I only wish she had been killed at sea, then it would have been perfect, her being taken down by the Lady.

I really should find Reef soon. Sis said that he misses me, I had no idea he had feelings for me, but I do find it flattering, he is a nice man and knows the sea and what that life is like. I hope I’ll run into him soon.

I met quite a few people I knew back then before I left, the golem-lad is as perky as ever, so I guess things do change a bit slowly around here. In any case it’s good to be back and see so many familiar faces. Sis and Abi showed me around Mistone and Abi even made me a fine new dress to wear. They are both in a trading company called The Raven Trade Company they told. One of the lads there is a cleric of Mist so I do hope I get to meet him soon, they say he is a bit…well different, I don’t know really most people are different in one way or another really.

What else to write, oh yes my magic is surely improving. I am spending more time using that than working with my blade. Somehow the magic is easier to control than that long pole with blades. Also I like the feeling when I cast my spells, I get all tingly as if I had had too many ales, but not that I act stupid as drunks do, it just feels nice. I will spend more time practicing and perhaps get a hold of that Brualot when I get the time or leave a letter for him, I heard he lives in Haven so that’s not so far away.

Well I should get going, I bet sis and Abi have made plans for us. Just like last night when they showed me the islands down by Velensk. We spent most of the time talking and it was a good trip. I was a bit surprised though when Abi said that she envied us, for having each other and a family, it seems she has none. Sis considers her family and so I said that so did I, I think she was happy about that. She can’t sail though, or well, she gets seasick. Poor lass really, she misses so much of the wonder of the world when she’s hanging over the railing, instead of standing at the bow feeling the salty drops of water on her face and the breeze in her hair. Perhaps she’ll get used to it one day, I really hope so for her.

anything