The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Quilus - Journal  (Read 50 times)

Fraev

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
Quilus - Journal
« on: April 25, 2006, 08:44:59 pm »
((OOC this journal will touch on some of the thoughts and deeds of Quilus and help me determine where he is heading as I have no fixed plan as yet it may not be entirely accurate as Quilus doesn’t have a good memory))

It has taken me several weeks to pluck up the courage to start writing this journal, I think it is because once I started it my old comfortable life is truly over and I am now an adventurer whether I like it or not.

Entry One

Did I dream the dragon or was it real I wish I knew. never the less my course is set now and I fear I will not be up to the task, I must say though I felt an odd stirring in my blood While facing it.

Things have been difficult gone are the days when much needed spell components and simple things like food and drink are there for the asking, if it wasn’t for my new friends Sh’anda and Dulan I don’t know what I would have done.

Entry Two

It has been several weeks since my last entry to be honest I don’t know who I am writing this for me of for someone to read if I die. I have met many people and taken part in some great adventures though I don’t think I was of any great help in many of them…Oh and I can add Karana to my list of new friend’s a fine warrior woman and what a big maul I think she will be a fast friend.

My magic has taken a twist for the better no longer do I need to use spell components for the spells I know, I hope this continues.

Entry Three

Disaster Karana a dwarf (I forgot the name of must ask karana) and I were trapped in Storans crypt not a good place for an elf who is afraid of the dark, luckily the dwarf managed to squeeze out of the door and go for help. While he was gone Karana and I talked a great deal and I did a few magic tricks to cheer her up, why oh why does she think she is ugly, after our conversation I have a new appreciation for Karana and would do anything for her.  Help has arrived I think he brought everyone who was in Hlint we were rescued but not before Karana and I thought we had reached our end.

The Celebrations afterwards was certainly lively though I was very quickly drunk and slurring words, I even sang oh I shudder at the memory now all I have to figure out is how Karana got into my room at the inn and what happened…

Fraev

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
Re: Quilus - Journal
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 05:29:19 pm »
Its been a busy few weeks hunting with dulan, karana and the rest cossing most of the continent on foot can be hard as well as dangerous im thankfull i have such good friends.

On a grimmer note my magic is going in a direction i wouldnt have dreamed of when this all started gone are  the fun spells now its all fire and ice combat spells gallor not sure how i really feel about it yes it is usefull but i think i am getting darker because of it. Also i have been having strange dreams when i rest but cant remember them only when waking i think i will goto a temple and seek guidence.

Had a disagrement with a friend of dulans it seems his god doesnt trust magic and there is no honor in it i hope my actions on the field of battle persuade him otherwise.

Fraev

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
RE: Quilus - Journal
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 12:59:20 pm »
It’s been awhile since I last jotted down my thoughts, what with the fall of pranzis and my alchemy I don’t seem to have a spare minute and when I do it is spent with Karana but here goes.

Where to start…..Ahh Karana what can I say about her, she is my other half when we are together I am whole apart I am a lesser elf.  It has taken me awhile to get the courage to ask her to marry me and a lot of soul searching after all I have the potential to live many of her lifetimes and I wasn’t sure if I could stand watch her grow old before my eyes.  But risks must be taken if we are to follow the path set for each of us and I realise that my path is with Karana I would do anything to make her happy and it saddens me that I am not more like her, I am sure she would rather I was a more martial person someone like the men in her clan I am just happy that she has accepted me for what I am a nameless elf adrift in the world, she doesn’t realise it but she is my anchor without her I would just be adrift in the land and I don’t want to think what I would become.

Concerning the wedding she hinted that I would have to become a member of her tribe not sure how that is possible but I am willing to attempt it or die trying, just hope they don’t only appreciate martial prowess and can accept me for what I am a simple ring maker who can cast a few spells.

Since the fall of pranzis I have been spending a lot of time in the temples of Rofirein my next task is to seek out a Cleric or Paladin and ask for some instruction, from what I have been able to learn so far he is someone I want to follow and serve, Lucinda is still in my mind though still not in my heart I revere her but I could never follow her.

Been spending a lot of time researching alchemy and the various potions I can make and I think I am close to mastering it, it has been hard work but rewarding especially as the potions have helped save Karana’s life numerous times. Never know I maybe able to extend her life once I truly master the craft. I was hoping to make the wedding rings for myself and Karana but due to the difficulty I have in getting the ores needed my ring making is falling behind on the other hand there isn’t a wand I cant make now and they are proving to be useful.  The guild has been a great help in supplying me with the materials needed for my various interests and I hope I am repaying them sufficiently.

On a more personal note I have been spending some time in blackford castle asking questions about the night I was left there haven’t uncovered much that I didn’t already know some deeper investigation is in order, also been spending time in the great library though I don’t think I will live long enough to read everything that interests me in there I do wish people would put the books back once they have finished with them though sometimes they are just tossed on the floor.

Well that’s all for now need to go finish up some potions of invisibility.