The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Random thoughts of Silphir  (Read 52 times)

slipperhero

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
Random thoughts of Silphir
« on: November 03, 2005, 10:24:00 am »
Why did I leave Spellgard? I know I had to get away for a while but this is just too much. I don't even know where to begin.
I am broke, yes I have a few gold coins but I will probably have to spend them on that thing they call food here in this puny little village. Peasants everywhere, just living out their little lives. Ha! Like they could call it living.
Soon I will probably have to start working. Since my purse is almost empty and I am sure the gullible people
I have been travelling with have been holding back on the gold. I must start looting the corpses myself. I bet I could fatten my pockets that way.

And what is it with these people? I don't have much against dwarves and elfs. I can even stand the halflings.
But there are goblins and orcs walking amongst the people of the village. I have even seen halfbreeds 10 feet tall,  where I dont even want to know what cursed race the other half is from. And lets not forget the drow. Wherever I turn there's the darkelfs stalking me, and they seem accepted in most towns and villages. Oh the fools, they don't know what they are capable of. But I will bite my tongue and try not to let something slip. I must keep my head clear, no more wine and ale. I will keep my temper and let them think they have me fooled...

My skills have improved a lot since I left. I never thought hitting a moving target with my bow would be so hard.
But I am starting to learn how to predict the movement of my targets and in the end, they always fall.
I have been trying to use my somewhat limited knowledge of magic to improve me skills with the bow.
So far I have accomplished nothing besides arrows bursting to flames and bowstrings that snap. It is getting frustrating to say the least.

I have heard there is a temple of knowledge somewhere on Rilara. Perhaps I can gain the knowledge I need there, otherwise I must risk setting my foot in Spellgard and gain access to the library in the Temple of Lucinda.