The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Rory  (Read 286 times)

ystrday

Rory
« on: September 23, 2009, 12:16:21 pm »
I miss you Miss Honey, and home. Here I am thousand of miles away in some Inn in Hlint when I could be home. Yeah I know you would tell me to stop whining Miss Honey, but I just wish you were here. I've met some folks, nice enough, who have helped me now and again. One of them be an elf named Tanner who I really have no idea what his story is, met him as a drunk but now he's cleaned up his act and well is a perky bouncing elf, whose skill is almost like mine but different. Another person is named Brian, again a skill like mine but different. Actually Brian and Tanner both travel in shadows but they've taken it one step further and trained to be called Shadow Dancer. *shrugs* Not rightly sure what it is yet, but Brian assures me that he sees my potential and believes I have the makings of a great Dancer.

He got me to thinking about that, now I know Miss Honey you taught me how to use the light and shadows to my advantage, and my talent of not making to much noise when I walks helped with that. But I felt nervous and excited when I learned I could grow in that. I had no idea that was even possible, but seeing both Brian and Tanner suddenly disappear in front of my eyes, was like wow! Anyway I told Brian that I will think about it, and he gave me some food for thought to go with it.  So now I go Miss Honey out probably in the forest and try and feel for the shadows.

I miss you.

ystrday

Rory
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 10:08:51 am »
Well Miss Honey, I have decided to go ahead and see how well I do as a Dancer. I talked it over a bit with my friend Kolby, you would like Kolby he would remind you a little like Zach, He's handsome, tall and the quiet type, never says much to anyone unless he has something to say. Kolby is very concerned that I could change if I continue to walk the path of a ShadowDancer. In a way so do I, but Miss Honey you should have seen Brian taking on that giant! You would have been so impressed the way he was able to slip out of the blanket of a shadow, strike the giant where it hurts and just in a blink of an eye cover himself with a shadow, the giant didn't even know what hit him! He explained to me to walk in the shadows until I can strike and make every strike count, and well I can move stealthy enough without them seeing me, and well I can strike some of the time. Not that good yet, but Brian assures me that it will come in time but I show good form and stealth.

I have not been home yet, I am not ready yet. Maybe I will someday.. Love you

ystrday

Rory
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 10:40:20 am »
*Holding her newborn son, Rory slips out a semi-abused book from deep within her pack and moves back to bed. Gently placing the now asleep baby next to his brother in the middle of the bed, on the other side facing them, is their father fast asleep. With tender care, she kisses each one of them with the softest of touch as not to disturb their rest. Then moves to her book, flipping the pages til she finds an empty page.*

I wish you were here to see this Miss Honey, I am a mother, not just to one, but two babies, two baby boys. They were born a couple of days ago, and we sure are tired. If they're not pooping, they're eating, and if not eating they are sleeping or pooping. We got no names for them yet, we're working on it though. One thing for sure they have a personality all to themselves, which is good cause they look alike and hard to tell them apart, though I'm getting better at it. Anyway, the first born, well he came out crying and yellin like he was mad that we moved him from a nice warm place. He wants what he wants when he wants it that one. His brother on the other hand was born a little smaller, and he fussed a bit but well he was calmer, looking at you with calm blue eyes. Thats all for now I guess, I'll catch you up on my other stuff later.

*When done writing in her journal a tired Rory slips into the other side of the bed and easily drifts off to sleep with her family*

ystrday

Rory
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 06:56:25 pm »
Aidan and Ausir are almost four months old, it is amazing how fast time moves. Argos sings lullaby's in elven to them, it is cute to hear and see. This strong, tall man holding his sons so gently, swaying to the tune of the lullaby as he sings. They are in awe of their father, all it takes is Argos to pick one of them up when they're fussy or tired and quiet they go. They love him dearly. Argos doesn't brag about it, but you can see the tiny gleam of pleasure it gives him when no one else can do it. Well I can, but only I can do what Argos can't, feed them.

Looks wise they're identical they both have brunette hair and startling blue eyes. The only way you can tell them apart is Ausir our first born is largest of the two. He still is demanding and does not like to wait his turn. Nor does he like a dirty diaper. Aidan our smallest is not as demanding, but he does not like a dirty diaper either. I mean not like we leave them in one for hours on end, but they let us know quickly when they need a new one. Aidan loves bath time, he kicks and smiles, his brother Ausir not so much. As days go by I look forward to the next morning to see what new things I discover about my sons and Argos.

ystrday

Rory
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 08:41:35 pm »
*Rory sits in a secluded area in the forests outside of Llast, the twins not to far away from her exploring the world around them.*

The twins are 17 months now, everyday they surprise me with something else they've learned. They are walking talking little people now with definite personalities. True they are identical in looks, with their hair becoming dark brown, even darker then mine, almost black and their eyes maintained that lovely shade of ocean blue. But that is where the similarities ends.

Aidan, never chubby to begin with is still lanky compared to his brother Ausir who isn't chubby either even for baby standards, but has some meat on him. Ausir dives into new things, be damned of the consequences. While Aidan watches what his brother does first, then it will be alright for him to try it. Together, they are insperable, Ausir maybe the leader but Aidan will not let him have all the fun without him either. They are a team, Aidan and Ausir, they say twins have a special bond and I feel blessed to see that first hand.

Argos and I are very happy, we have our moments at times but each day we grow closer together. He has left for a few months at a time to help in the war effort, and how I miss him so when he is away. I worry for him greatly, I don't want to lose him now. We have a wedding to plan.

*Rory looks up to see her boys waddling in the tall grass, barefoot enjoying themselves. She puts her journal away and goes spend time with her sons.*

ystrday

Rory
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 08:20:45 pm »
I cannot believe it, I knew the symptoms this time, and this time it was planned. Argos and I, our arms open up to receive a new life if his Toran would will it. Well, our prayers were answered, yet, it was just as much as a surprise hearing the healers words telling me that I am expecting as it was the first time. About two and half months along I am now, that it should be easier this time around since my body has been "broken" in by the twins the Healer said. Oh goody was my reply. The boys and I did special shopping for dinner tonight, they don't understand why were having a special dinner tonight, but they were excited in helping me pick out some flowers, and the vegetables for it. Specially when I told them it was a special meal for daddy. Rory puts her journal away hearing her sons shouting for her.

Mommy! *Ausir and Aidan shouts* Dun wif the table!

*Rory makes her way to the dining room. Her sons continue on with helping their mother by setting the table. With the eating utensils pointing in every direction, the napkins crumpled with one in a glass another tossed on a plate. Among other things, it is easy to tell that a 3 year old set the table. With gentle guidance from Rory to the twins, and a few changes of plates and glasses the table was ready to be adorned with the food. With Ausir and Aidans guidance on where each food should go the table was set.

There was a brand new pink table cloth covering the table, with brand new blue cloth napkins. Next to the napkins were four children's plates, instead of normal drinking glasses there were baby bottles. The meal that night consisted of baby carrots and baby peas, baby size meat loafs that was baked in miniature pans, and mini angel food cake for dessert. In the center of the table was a vase over flowing with baby's breath, tied with a pink and blue bow. Rory content with the outcome of the table, smiles touching her stomach lovingly. When Ausir and Aidan come to her, she kneels down to hug them both at the same time when they hear Argos come home. She stands, answering Argos call that they're in the dining room. That is how Argos finds his family, standing besides the table, with the boys on either side of Rory holding her hand. When he walks to them, hugging each one in greeting, kissing Rory a hello, his attention soon drifts to the table. And Rory casually keeps her eyes on Argos wondering, waiting if he will get her subtle hint.*

//I give Galkun permission to add to Rory's private journal.

Lance Stargazer

Re: Rory
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 08:33:44 pm »
**And that is how Argos finds his family...  

The knight's mind is drifted away, his head twirling, not really sure what to make of the scene, his thoughts were everywhere filled in problems beyond his grasp, from long dead demilishes to candles and summoning keys, but meting his family there, all seemed to be set aside...

snapping back to reality , he bends down to lift Ausir and Aidan with bot his arms, lifting them with strenght he smiles at his sons and then to his mother *

Well boys remember what we practiced ?  *he says to the two of them, they nodding at him with a jovial laughter*

- Ayie Daddy, *both of them says at the same time, under the grinning ( and yet curious ) look of their mother *

*With a gesture the boys and Argos at the same time leans a bit kissing her cheeks and him kissing her forehead, in a practiced movement, excecuted almost perfectly *

*Argos can't help but to smile at her still holding each boy in each of his strong arms* I am home honey  **he looks over the table, then to her with an inquisitive look*

ystrday

Rory
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 10:27:52 pm »
Aww my Loves *Rory smiles, kissing each one of her men in turn, taking Aidan in her arms, and Ausir still in Argos'*

Dinner is served. *she gives a coy smile to Argos, looking to the table, then to the boys, then to him, nodding slowly her eyes shining with unshed happy tears.*

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 11:44:59 pm »
*Aidan goes easily to his mother under Ausir jealous look , he start to pout in Argos arms, the man turns to him, with a stern voice *

Hey. Beheave you or there won't be wood sword for you as i promised .

**The big boy pouts a final time  and eventually throw a look to Aidan , which in turn just stick his tonge at him , in the mean time Argos looks at Rory with a mixure of feelings looking at the mantle then to the cups and the whole dinner, his strenght fails him for a moment leaning on the table under the amused eyes of his sons, eventually the man stands again  and looking at his big son  says.

- Come . lets do what gentlemen do -

*with that he goes and pulls out the char for Rory to sit , once she sits he bends a bit *

- Now give a kiss to your mother - *
* The boy easily kisses her cheek , then Argos goes and place Ausir on one chair , in front of her mother, taking the seat right to her for the dinner, he looks at Aidan for a moment with a proud smile and awaits for her to move him to his proper chair *

- So.. What is what there is for dinner  **Grins * ?

ystrday

Rory
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 12:32:55 am »
*With ease Rory places Aidan in his chair, then leans to hold Ausir toddler face to lay a kisses on his cheek to make the jealousy disappear from his face. Turning to Aidian to tap his nose gently before he starts pouting.*

Well Darlin, what we have for dinner is, -baby- peas, -baby- carrots, -baby meatloaf and -baby- size angel food cake for everyone for dessert. *she goes about emphasizing the word -baby-.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 02:04:07 am »
**He looks at her with loving eyes and then to his sons*

They are getting into strong handome men, isn't it?  our babies ?

**he looks at her with a Grin, then a kind smile, he looks at his wife to be then to his sons *

Boys. your mother and I have been wondering that even if you two have filled our lives with joy and light , we have decided to bring a new member to the family, We will have a new brother or sister for you to play and we want you to beheave and to love them as much as you love each other .

A brother will be a blessing for us all, you included , *he reaches for Rory's hand as he speaks * What Toran send us, it is not something for us to decide or when , i'll leave that on his hands.

I want you to understand that its not that we are not happy with you two, Its just that your mother and I wanted to have more family, nothing will change, you both are our sun and moons, And we love you for that, we want you to love your brother to come, if Toran so allows it. .

**he looks over the table to his family a knowing smile to Rory*

ystrday

Rory
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 04:11:50 pm »
*squeezing Argos hands, she chuckles seeing the confusion and blank looks on their sons faces. They are completely lost at the adult message from their father.*

Look at Mommy please *smiling she looks back and forth between Ausir and Aidan* What your dad is trying to say is, we love you SOOO much, that we wanted even more kids! *smiling big* That in a few months you are going to have a brother and sister. Like your friend Brandon down the road, remember? His mommy had a baby boy, that makes Brandon a big brother. Like you two will be! *smiling at them then to Argos*

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 05:39:13 pm »
*Argos looks at her then to the kids , still in shock by the news , then mutters something *

- My explanation was good enough -

**yet as he looks to the boys he smiles *

Well .. what your. . er .. mother said .

**he looks over his sons again measuring their reactions as he takes one of the baby peas to eat *

So.. any question?  Speak now that you have the chance *grins *

ystrday

Rory
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 01:41:15 am »
*Rory finding some rare time to herself, she dusts off an old familiar book, sitting on the rug by the fireplace with a quill in hand and ink bottle beside her*

My life has turned not how I thought it would, I have no complaints. More fuller then I thought it would become. Argos and I are married, have been for some time now. With the war, the children we choose a quiet ceremony with just us and Keela as a witness. We will have a ceremony, that we have no doubt, for those who think we are still not "married".

I remember my mom always telling us kids that time goes by to quickly, how quickly we grew up. I always used to roll my eyes at her for that, but well now that I am a mother I know where in her heart those words are coming from.

My boys are not small anymore, they are self sufficient, mischievous as all boys are, but they are my mischievous boys.  Ausir and Aiden will be eight in a few months, their hair is still darker then mine and still have the startling blue eyes. I see them beginning to find what makes them unique from one another. As they aged they have come to look more alike, in build and stature, one catching up to the other, one thinning naturally to the other. They love their sisters, and their sisters love them.

Keira and Orn, polar opposites of their brothers, they took after Argos I must say. Their hair a sun kissed blond, thick and long. I cannot bear to cut their hair so I haven't. Though Rebecca complains about having to braid and brush the girls hair, I know she loves to braid it for them, adding frilly bows to hold the braid in place. Being four the girls don't mind the dressing up that happens when they visit their Grandparents house, they have learned mud gets washed out just as easily from a dress then play clothes.

Being only 4 I can see Orn having a deeper connection already to Toran. I see her drawn to the alter at home and at Lance's house. She speaks to him in her child ways at night when the children say their prayers before bed. Orns prayer are more of something.. I just know.. she will find her calling in the church. We almost lost Orn during her birth, the cord was wrapped around her neck and she was not breathing Keira shouted. I have never heard Keira panick before, not like that. Our daughter Keira had been delivered first, Myla taking care of her for us while we waited for Orn's arrival. Then she came, Orn, small not moving, not breathing, Keira crying showing Argos the child. With a cry wretched from his soul Argos takes the non moving babe in his arms, cradling her to his chest praying feverishly, breathing life into her tiny body. That image will be with me forever. As the sound of her first hoarse cry of life will be with me forever too. I know Toran had helped Argos bring our daughter back, and I believe Orn does to.
[/I]

ystrday

Rory
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 02:11:55 am »
People seem to think I am crazy taking four kids on my own camping. I think they're crazy if they don't. It's not like I take them in the deep wilds of the Great Forest, but I do go far enough that we must use what nature gives us. I found a nice stream in Blackford Forest that I go back to, it has a nice clearing sufficient for us. The boys help set up the tent, and put the camping food we did bring in a sack tied up in a tree. The girls, find the kindling and do what their little hands can do.

I enjoy these times alot with my children, I get to show them my world that I grew up in, okay it's not the Great Forest, but I do what I can with what I got. We take walks in the Blackford forest, teaching them how to blend into our surroundings so we can observe the animals without disturbing them. The girls are still a bit young to fully grasp not stepping on the dry crunchy leaves, they like the sound the leaves make. The boys try and be patient with them, guiding them on what they should step on and why we try to be quiet when we walk in the forest.  My Aidan is more like me I noticed, the usual quiet Aidan comes out of his shell when we camp. I don't think he notices, but I do, time will tell with him. Ausir, well he has grasped the idea of using the natural surrounds to his advantage, got to start keeping an eye on that one. I think Ausir has been paying more attention to me and my skills then I originally thought.

They are such free spirits, loved by many.

ystrday

Rory
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 03:37:26 pm »
*Rory catches up with Argos at Fort Mirtrix, she hugs him and greets him happily and lovingly. Taking his hand they take a walk along the pier. They just make it back to solid ground when Rory turns to Argos and says*

I maybe pregnant, surprise!

*she goes and explains she's a month late, and she is never late since she had the boys. She continues on saying she has not seen anyone to confirm this or not. But she wanted him to know her suspicions.*

*Argos pales at that and smiles* Well.. well . *looking at her stomach a bit suspicious*  Wonderful news.  The Stargazer's house is keep growing  *he shakes his head * yet this stir some issue i had problems to deal with  *he looks concerned at her*

We.. -I- don't know if we are going to expand anything Darlin. I just missed the first month is all. *now she looks at him suspiciously* What issues are you talking about Darlin?

*he looks at her and then moves to lift her by the waist and start to make her twirl over with a big grin*

That we got all the good names already ? What name we'll be using now?  *smiling brightly*

*squeaks in surprise, laughing Rory moves to wrap her arms around his neck as she is being twirled* We don't know for sure! Need another couple of weeks at least before anyone can tell anything right?  *kissing his lips* First, if I am, what is it you want a boy or girl?

*he smirks at her*  Seriously . Its something that really doesn't matter. It would be our baby, sent by Toran to be another light on our life.  Geez  we'd be lucky if they are not twins again *pales a bit still hugging her * We need to go to the herbalist.  I want to make sure you are alright. But .. not this herbalist. *looks around the nessarians*  Guess we can have a small trip towards Hilm protectorate, I'd trust them more than this government,  And we can tell our parents and yours that way .What do you think?

*her voice squeaks* Trust me that is all I can think about, -what if twins- -again-! Or worse, triplets?! *sounding a bit panicked* can you imagine that? *taking a few deep breaths* Hilm, I would like to go to Hilm, see Myla, your parents and mine of course. Maybe Rebecca can bring the kids as well? I know if I am, this wasn't planned. And I was taking the herbs every day, not missing a day. *sighs a bit* Why is it you do everything right and somethings tend to toss your thoughts into chaos?

*he smiles at her * Its because we are mortals my dear, we tend to make mistakes and we can only work in order to become better, this is not something to get worried *he kisses her forehead reasuringly* At least its not for me, it maybe nothing, or it maybe another blessing to our lives. Lets cherish it and have faith, I am sure there is a plan ahead from the heavens, Lets have some faith .. It will be what will be. so worrying at this moment serves for nothing. I'll be beside you all the time, and i promise i'll do my best to help you, as the couple we are.  We face this together. *smiles and kisses her cheek*