The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Denouement of a Birdlord  (Read 60 times)

orth

The Denouement of a Birdlord
« on: June 29, 2006, 12:24:33 pm »
Plenarius soars high above Dregar, his eyes peeled to the grounds as he seeks out a recently lost friend.  His heart is as heavy as the dusty clouds pouring down rains and blocking the sun.  His thoughts push to the loss of Pranzis, the defense of the Great Oak and the destruction of Blood and his well.  He stops for a breather on a peak in the Blackfeather Mountains and preens some dust from his wings as he looks southwest.

The skies are emptier then they once were.  Nature beginning to feel the pressure of the loss of the life in the Sun and the constant darkness and rains.  Plen looks around for any life and sighs as the solitude of the peak echoes in his heart.  He summons his bear to his side just to have someone listen to him and welcomes Tim with a reluctant smile.

Yeah I know Tim, not a very hospitable place to call upon you, but you've seen worse.

The bear grunts a little and settles on its side, looking at Plen with a compassionate glance.  Plen sighs slightly and picks up a pebble that he launches off the peak deep into the depths of the canyons.

Can I do anything more for Her Tim?  What can I do through this dark time?  A new cycle has begun, new lifes, beautiful and awful will be borne under this devastation, but where do I fit in.

He takes a sip from his canteen and swishes the water around in his mouth before gulping it down with an exagerrated sound.

Dragoncalled, how we grew.  Almost fifty years and my body should be long expired, but it has not.  In fact, I feel almost younger then when I started.  I do not look my age Tim, what is that all about? How much life is left in me thus?  Should I even pursue my heart or does my sun set as well such that it will only serve to hurt more.

As night time descends, the little bit of warmth that had pierced through the blackness of the skies fades and Plen stands up and strikes his flint against the steel, lighting some tinder he gathered earlier in a small circle of rocks.  He scratches Tim between the eyes and smiles a bit as he watches the flames cast dancing shadows against the rock face.

I should set out again Tim, I have to make sure she's okay.  I do miss her... but...

Plen doesn't finish his words out loud and he sends Tim back to his plane with a quiet wave.

The age of darkness has descended, the Birdlord has a few final things to do. Katia, guide me in these final steps, Nature my defense.  Be with me, your own.  Balance always always returns.  It is not only the time for this world to find it, but myself as well... Glory be your name Mother Nature.  Your child, your Birdlord takes flight.  Hope and trust in balance.

Plenarius then looks up into the black sky, he inhales deeply and spins around, pushing off with a leap and flapping his wings furiously as he climbs high into the night.

orth

Re: The Denouement of a Birdlord
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 02:54:10 pm »
Plenarius sits amongst a few of his feathered friends, sharing some bread at the edge of High Lake.

He sways his head back and forth, a stern angry face presenting itself.  Not even a letter, a note on the door, nothing... A public announcement, lovely, was I that insignificant.  Oh welcome back, hurrah, celebration and smiles, of course, the gypsy can do no wrong.  She's a gypsy! Lalaith was right about her... Does she even think about me any more... does anyone? Am I a ghost of another time, haunting my last strands through irrelevant journey and battle?

Plen picks up a pebble and tosses it into the water, looking beyond it's entry point into the depths of the water.

I think I am getting ready to enter Her arms friends.  I fear not the icy hand of the Soul Mother any longer. These last days I walk into the face of death with not a care for myself.  If it were not for the innocent peers who count on me, there is no doubt my instincts of survival would be as dark as the ashen sky.

A bluebird nearby chirps a simple even tone, tilting his head to the side and looking at Plen.

I don't know.. She is hurting so much.  It's the Silver, I'm almost sure...  Plen shakes his head.  I think She needs me, I do not know if I am much help here.  What if I lose Her too?  I can not seem to have that which my heart desires...

The tiny flock surrounding Plen goes into a frenzy of shrill whistles and chirps before he raises his hands to calm them.  Speaking quietly, he picks up a fallen feather and twirls it in the slight breeze.

I must begin the task of preparing.  There is much to do...

Plenarius looks across the water again with a choked up expression, he gulps slightly and turns to a single chirping bird.

That is but a shadow of love dear sparrow.  Come.  Let us take flight.

Plen spirals upward into the darkness, the flock quick to follow, concerned chirps scattering in unison.

Oh fret not!  There is always duty! Plen calls back to the flock before shifting his flight and heading for the north of Dregar.

anything