The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Layo Prc Idea  (Read 397 times)

xXDenizeNXx

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
Layo Prc Idea
« on: April 01, 2006, 07:28:35 am »
I was thinking the other night while in the temple of Roferien that why should those red dragons have the only disciples and why not, as a special branch of the church of Roferien, a Gold dragon disciple?
What are your thoughts on this?

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
Re: Layo Prc Idea
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 01:25:05 pm »
i thank it would be just as imposable to get as red dragon deciple... then add some sence there are likly fewer golds then reds.. and there is only 1 red.

D Blaze

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 01:42:47 pm »
To start down the path of a Gold Dragon Disciple, all the same rules as the Red would apply for starters.
You would have to have a character that has made it to epic first.
There is the only one red dragon active in Layonara, but I believe metallic dragons have been reintroduced, but for their own safety, they aren't stupid enough to reveal themselves.
After the thoroughness of Blood many many years ago hunting dragons, there wouldn't likely be any decended from dragons today.
That leaves only a ritual or other procedure to start infusing a person with the blood of a gold dragon over a period of time.
But that goes back to the point of why would they show themselves and part with some blood again and again when it is still dangerous just existing in layonara.

Dorganath

RE: Layo Prc Idea
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 03:22:26 pm »
This would be neat, but here's the problem...
  Anyone see a Gold Dragon lately? (no, the Dragon Dream doesn't count)

lonnarin

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 04:28:25 pm »
Do not confuse half-dragons with disciples.  Dragon blood lingers for a millenia, and direct dragon/humanoid babies are a completely different species.  The dedication to sorcerous magic in the distant relative is what activates his recessive dragon genes, otherwise he'd be indistinguishable to other's of his base race.

D Blaze

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 05:32:35 pm »
True half-dragon and disciples are different, but dragon blood is still the factor.
But there just isn't enough out there to be off any good, it's like a drop in an ocean, it just wouldn't be potent enough I would imagine.
Just from the current timeline on the forums, by 6400 years ago, 75% of all dragons were wasted, about 4200 years later (when the chromatic dragons were winning the fight against the metallics, meaning there were very few good dragons and probably fewer dragon/half-dragon/quarter-dragon/etc. offspring) Sinthar started wiping out the dragons, 14 years after the start of his bloody and efficient campaign, he was banished.
Now it's roughly 2200 years later.
So that's 75% of dragons gone, then most of the good dragons and offspring wasted by the evil dragons in their little conflict, then even more dragons butchered by Sinthar, then what was left of the good dragons dissappeared from this world to protect themselves and probably took the kin they deemed most in need of saving. So anything left from the long struggles would be a mere fraction of a fraction of a fraction part dragon and that would be further diluted over a few thousand years.
Heck, half the population on Mistone could have a speck of dragon blood in them, but it would be so far back into everyone's history, it just wouldn't matter how hard or how long you try to bring it out, it just wouldn't happen without fresh blood.
And there is just no fresh metallic dragon blood to go around at this time.

Edit: Aslo, there is the Great Cataclysm and depression that followed, and the Race Wars were still going, so anyone with a more direct ancestry to the dragons would be right in the thick of it(since I wouldn't expect them to do nothing, it's literally in their blood to do what they believe right) and dying quickly, thus further thinning the blood-ties to the dragons of old.

xXDenizeNXx

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 05:41:22 pm »
Dorganath - 4/2/2006  9:22 AM    This would be neat, but here's the problem...
 Touchè. it would be neat but....

Ne'er

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 07:40:26 am »
xXDenizeNXx - 4/1/2006  8:41 PM  
 Well... there IS Rofirien himself, but I don't think anyone has seen him recently. Although there is a first time for everything...

xXDenizeNXx

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 04:09:49 pm »
Toran too is one aint he? But ya I certainly haven't met either of them IC or OOC hehe
However there may be those around that have.....

Lucius

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 04:15:02 pm »
Toran is a human god. The idea of a gold dragon disciple sounds good, but it would be better left for epic levels, just like the red one. The class is pretty overpowered, and being a sorcerer/bard you get some buffs to make it even worse. The wings are cool though :)

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
    • Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 04:49:00 pm »
Ne'er - 4/2/2006  10:40 AM  
xXDenizeNXx - 4/1/2006  8:41 PM  
 Well... there IS Rofirien himself, but I don't think anyone has seen him recently. Although there is a first time for everything...
 To be quite honest, I think the benefits gained from being the offspring of a god would outweigh those from having dragon lineage. ;)

lonnarin

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 08:23:28 pm »
You'd think, but then Rome executes you for spreading a religion and psychotic zealots run around killing in your name for eternity, or Kevin Sorbo plays you in the cheesiest fantasy sitcom in history... with a mullet.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 10:20:49 pm »
Dorganath - 4/1/2006  4:22 PM    This would be neat, but here's the problem...
 *raises hand*

D Blaze

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 10:33:59 pm »
*swats Talan's hand down and whispers quickly* No! Don't give him anymore ideas!!

hehe ;)