The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bank chest Issue?  (Read 587 times)

Pandapuff7

Bank chest Issue?
« on: March 05, 2012, 01:52:14 am »
Since I've started up my new toon I've been slowly gathering milk and finnaly built up an abundant amount almost 27 bottles. but when I checked my chest today there was only 1 score of 10.it really i'snt a big deal but can I at least get a small percentage of what I lost?

-Virgil

Dorganath

Re: Bank chest Issue?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:58:49 am »
Are you sure they're not in your inventory somewhere?  When you try to put too much into a bank chest, it should return the extra items to your inventory with a little message in the combat window. Bank chests do not hold as much as housing storage.

Pandapuff7

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:23:55 pm »
I am 100% Certain.
I just double checked.

-Virgil

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 07:48:51 pm »
Too look further, I'll need to know your character's name.

Also, for reference, we don't refund anything we can't verify was lost, bug or no.  Using a Graceful Plea would be an option if you truly wanted to go that path, but it would be a colossal waste of that option (in my opinion) for a few bottles of milk.

Pandapuff7

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 11:37:15 pm »
Well I thought ide try, but its not that big of a deal.
Thank you!

-Virgil

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 08:13:30 am »
It would still be good to look into this, in case there is a bug that needs to be fixed. If you tell me which character this has affected, I can do that.

Pandapuff7

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 02:18:48 pm »
Alestir Brighton

Thank for your efforts. I do appreciate it!

-Virgil

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 06:22:53 pm »
OK thanks...

I've poked around in the database and the code a bit. I'd like to have something definite to tell you here, but due to a (possibly necessary) quirk in the logging of stacked items going in and out of storage, it's unfortunately not possible for me to completely track the way bottles of milk were moved in and out of the bank chest.  The counts of bottles going in is accurate, but pulling them out only reports a "stack" of indeterminate size. If I could make some determination there, I could potentially then prove possession if there was a disparity between the net deposit/withdrawal and what the bank currently says you have (which is 15 bottles), and you could get the balance returned to you. That is presently not tha case.

I have not tested anything directly, but I do wonder about some oddness related to stack sizes. It might be worthwhile to put only full stacks into a chest (of any sort) or at least not allowing the chest to do the stacking, meaning if there is a stack of three bottles and you add eight bottles. Do stacking in your own inventory and put whole stacks in before partial ones.

I'm going to move this over to bugs so it may get some attention and testing.

Pandapuff7

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 07:16:49 pm »
That may of been the problem, but every time I brought back enough for a ten stack I took what was out so my inventory sorted it then I put it back in since for some reason the chest didnt do this for me.

-Virgil