The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bronze Darts  (Read 233 times)

Olme

Bronze Darts
« on: August 28, 2007, 07:49:35 am »
Bronze darts do not appear to be giving the extra physical (piercing) damage they are supposed to.

When I equip my character with either copper or bronze darts, the stats. ( as viewed in the character sheet ) are identical.

The stats do change when iron darts are equipped. (showing +1 damage and to AB on the character sheet)

I tried this IC with several different 'batches' of bronze darts, and Serrissa's character (Ferrit) also did as well, to confirm what  I was seeing.

Dorganath

Re: Bronze Darts
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 08:27:51 am »
What happens when you actually throw one of the darts and strike a target?  Does the extra damage get applied then?

Olme

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 12:47:03 pm »
I don't believe it is getting applied to targets. If the extra damage were being applied I would expect to see some rise in the amount of damage on at least some throws as the min - max range would still overlap that of copper.

But after using and scoring about 50  hits with these  in combat I was noticing no increase in any of the damage applied above what copper  (and my strength modifier) would provide.

50 is probably not a statistically valid sample size, but it was enough for me to start looking at them closer.

Filatus

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 07:44:39 pm »
the extra damage on the darts is the type that allows a weapon to circumvent reduction.

There is a bow with extra ranged damage: bludgeoning, which if a creature has dr against piercing will act like bludgeoning damage.

Now.. why there is a piercing weapon, with extra ranged damage piercing, I don't know. Because it wouldn't make a difference at all. Perhaps it should have been slashing or bludgeoning.

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 10:02:07 pm »
Changed to give extra bludgeoning damage, consistent with the rest of the bronze line, in the next patch.

anything