The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Chest Strangeness  (Read 48 times)

SuperMunch

Chest Strangeness
« on: April 08, 2006, 01:23:23 am »
While at the Leilon Arms Inn last night (Apr. 7, afternoon), it seemed that each of the chests had an additional chest inside each of them.

I'd open the lid and see the contents but visually, I'd see another box in there and when I'd open it, the same content would appear but in a different order.

The only exception to this was when one of the boxes bugged and stayed open.  I'd click on it and it would show an empty box - when I opened the "inside box" there was stuff inside (that I removed content and moved it to another box).

I don't know if this is a bug or not but I thought I'd report it just to be on the safe side.

Acacea

RE: Chest Strangeness
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 01:31:41 am »
Duplication bugginess happens sometimes with placed items in houses; I believe it is fixed on a server reset, and that putting stuff in them (but which ones? No idea!) should be avoided if you want to keep the stuff.

SuperMunch

Re: Chest Strangeness
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 05:48:10 am »
The wierd part about the double chest problem is that they were still buggy after two server resets.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 06:22:18 am »
Actually, West hasn't been reset since about 2pm PDT on April 7th. Those events last night that looked like resets were actually just very large lag spikes.
  If I remember correctly, the dupe problem can happen if someone double-clicks when opening the house door on first entry.

orth

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 04:31:07 pm »
Fixed in next update to not happen.

Better handling of the furniture population routine.