The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Crafting Loom costs trues and not always symetrical  (Read 378 times)

davidhoff

Crafting Loom costs trues and not always symetrical
« on: February 03, 2013, 07:59:12 am »
Description:  I had Griff at the armor crafting loom in Mariners and he ended up spending about $2k trues on some changes I made.  I thought it was supposed to be free now?  Also, I noticed that for the bicepts and thighs when "both" is selected, some of the options are not exactly symetrical and represent different looks.

Location:  Mariner's General Crafting area loom (the station that looks like a ore smelter)

Reproducable:  Yes, I kept getting similar results on various tries.

The following users thanked this post: cbnicholson, willhoff

Script Wrecked

Re: Crafting Loom costs trues and not always symetrical
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 09:45:53 am »
Cost:
Quote from: Dorganath
New customization system. ... and is always successful. That's right, there's no more DCs for modifying equipment and no more wasting potentially hundreds or thousands in True for all those failed checks. A small fee still applies, but it's far more reasonable.

There is no cost for color changes (iirc).

Symmetry:

Some limb models are not symmetric, e.g. left and right shoulders of the jousting armor, the dagger sheath thigh.

If you think a particular biceps and thigh models should be symmetrical, please specify which ones.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

Dorganath

Re: Crafting Loom costs trues and not always symetrical
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 08:57:19 pm »
As information...

There are some arm and leg options which are not symmetrical and never have been. For the most part, the indexes of each part appearance represent like versions on one side of the other, but some are not, since the "set" of appearances for that particular index were not designed that way. Most of the Bioware-standard ones are symmetrical, while some that we got from other sources may not be.

The "both" option simply sets them to the same index.  There's no guarantee of sameness, however, since each part is a separate resource within the HAK files.

When you get an asymmetric result like that, you may need to change one or the other, because the numbered option may be "null" and not actually correspond to anything. During customization, it can retain the previous appearance until the equipment is swapped out with something else later (when the part will likely disappear) or a valid appearance is selected.  If you set to both and the appearances are different, it's a good idea to adjust them both back and forth once to make sure they actually change. If they do, then at least you won't hit the "null" issue.