The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Death glitch?  (Read 250 times)

Dezza

Death glitch?
« on: April 25, 2005, 07:01:00 pm »
Hey don't know if I will just have to live with this or not but!

I was on with Dal'Venus Suranen and allies in the Beholder caves recently. At the first bridge where the Umber Ulks, beholder and other nasties are the following events occured.
I succumbed to the beholder.
I then tried to respawn.
I respawned next to the grave that had been created where I had just died and was promptly eaten once again by the beholder before I could do anything.
I was then booted from the server as I was bound to the bindstone in Hurm.

When I returned later I had two graves in the one spot.
I can live with the gold I lost but can the lost XP be returned for the second death?

Variable

RE: Death glitch?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 07:04:00 pm »
See the "me and My deaths" post below, this is discussed there

Dezza

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 11:12:00 pm »
Read and noted..now wondering if any remedy can be made...understood if it can't but worth asking.

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 12:52:00 am »
i have just had the same problem, i was bound to a stone in east server, boated back to karthy was killed by dwarves in the bloodygates outskerts. when i hit respawn i was booted, then i relogged and i was standing near my grave and was proptly killed again. much to my own idocy i did the about 4 or 5 times... and i know i got a death token from it if not 2. but if im right that is,.... 18000 exp lose one my second death and nother 36000 on my next death and so on, i looked for this "me and my deaths" thing and i couldent find it can you make a link if i need to read something. i am not shure at the exact ammount of exp i hade but it was very near 490000, somewhere in the high 480's. i would be most happy to get me exp back and my dt taken off, i should have 4 for other events. nwn name- Lokyar ravenwood | char name- Xenos

Hopfully,
                              Michael

IceDragonDuvessa

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 09:46:00 am »
okay i read it, its the exact same thing that happened to me. What would you have me do?

orth

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 09:55:00 am »
When the bug is corrected I'll sort through the people who had the problems and note who's owed XP and tokens by viewing all my logs.

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 02:56:00 pm »
so will you be able to tell my loss in exp as well as my gain of a DT?

Leanthar

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 03:00:00 pm »
Yes.

orth

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2005, 06:32:00 am »
LoganGrimnar - 4/26/2005  3:52 AM

i have just had the same problem, i was bound to a stone in east server, boated back to karthy was killed by dwarves in the bloodygates outskerts. when i hit respawn i was booted, then i relogged and i was standing near my grave and was proptly killed again. much to my own idocy i did the about 4 or 5 times... and i know i got a death token from it if not 2. but if im right that is,.... 18000 exp lose one my second death and nother 36000 on my next death and so on, i looked for this "me and my deaths" thing and i couldent find it can you make a link if i need to read something. i am not shure at the exact ammount of exp i hade but it was very near 490000, somewhere in the high 480's. i would be most happy to get me exp back and my dt taken off, i should have 4 for other events. nwn name- Lokyar ravenwood | char name- Xenos

Hopfully,
                              Michael

Okay first off why did you relog into West if you were bound on East? You should have direct connected to East.
Secondly your deaths are not indicative of continuing to reconnect?

| 4807 | Xenos    | Bloody Gate Outskirts            | Dwarf Mercenary                                     |     9 |     0 | 2005-04-26 00:11:33 |
| 4808 | Xenos    | Bloody Gate Outskirts            | Dwarf Mercenary                                     |     9 |     0 | 2005-04-26 00:12:33 |
| 4809 | Xenos    | Bloody Gate Outskirts            | Dwarf Mercenary                                     |     9 |     0 | 2005-04-26 00:27:23 |
| 4810 | Xenos    | Bloody Gate Outskirts            | Dwarf Mercenary                                     |     9 |     1 | 2005-04-26 00:29:43 |

Thirdly who gave you 30,000xp?

|       5638 |     486728 | 2005-04-26 00:22:23 |
|       5638 |     470728 | 2005-04-26 00:27:19 |
|       5638 |     438728 | 2005-04-26 00:29:41 |
|       5638 |     422728 | 2005-04-26 01:00:50 |
|       5638 |     452728 | 2005-04-26 01:05:49 |

I'm not saying you aren't going to get your XP and token returned, I just want a more clear explanation on what exactly happened.

orth

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2005, 06:35:00 am »
Dezza - 4/25/2005  10:01 PM

Hey don't know if I will just have to live with this or not but!

I was on with Dal'Venus Suranen and allies in the Beholder caves recently. At the first bridge where the Umber Ulks, beholder and other nasties are the following events occured.
I succumbed to the beholder.
I then tried to respawn.
I respawned next to the grave that had been created where I had just died and was promptly eaten once again by the beholder before I could do anything.
I was then booted from the server as I was bound to the bindstone in Hurm.

When I returned later I had two graves in the one spot.
I can live with the gold I lost but can the lost XP be returned for the second death?

Dezza, please have a GM return 32,000xp to Venus and point them to this thread.

Leanthar

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2005, 06:40:00 am »
Last night Xenos was in a player started quest (see Wild Surge Inn post) that I oversaw and then gave out xp at the end.  Is that the XP you are talking about Orth?

orth

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2005, 06:45:00 am »
Leanthar - 5/1/2005  9:40 AM

Last night Xenos was in a player started quest (see Wild Surge Inn post) that I oversaw and then gave out xp at the end.  Is that the XP you are talking about Orth?

Er last night was not 2005-04-26

Leanthar

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2005, 06:47:00 am »
heh.  I wasn't really paying attention to the four lines above being the XP lines, sorry.  I just new I had given him xp so I wanted to make sure is all.

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2005, 02:43:00 pm »
okay, I dident use the direct connect becouse i hadent known how to use it, i just figureded it out like friday  i belive it was, i wasent shure what the address was for the server and such. for your second Question im not shure what you mean... give me smaller words :( *kicks himself* um... this sounds bad im shure but i dont recall the DM that gave me the 30k... lol, im sorry. ill explain again what happened;
   I was returning from east i thank it was and was running along from karty to point harbor... i thought i was invisable(oopes)  and i ran through the dwarves camp, not really paying attention to where i was going, next thing i know the dwarves did a knock down and im on my back... then im dead. Okay so i thank "wow that was lame" then i proced to kick myself. I respawn and i thank i ither got up from where i was all deadlike with a grave next to me and then i got booted, or i was botted first then when loged back in i was standing next to my grave, i thank it was the first one. anyway now in my weakend state i was once again killed by the dwarves. i decided to try agin thanking that it wont likly happen again and i could report it later, well the same thing happened again and iw as killed, the only reasion i came backa  4th time was out of frustration and anger, which proptly got me killed again :/ im very sorry for my inaplity to figure out the answers to your questions.

Greatfully,
                                     Michael

orth

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 07:02:00 am »
LoganGrimnar - 5/1/2005  5:43 PM

um... this sounds bad im shure but i dont recall the DM that gave me the 30k...

But what was the XP for? Are you saying you've already been reimbursed?

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2005, 07:31:00 am »
i was refunded 30000 the exp, the DM at hand said somthing along the line of they would give me half back and that more then they should do anyways, and that i should post on the fourms to get the rest of it back as well as the removel of my dt. When i add it off off the numbers you show above it looks like i lost 64000 exp, then the DM that saved me gave me 30000.

anything