The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hairless halfgiants  (Read 359 times)

Pen N Popper

Hairless halfgiants
« on: April 19, 2007, 08:41:25 pm »
I know LORE says that halfgiants are hairless, but the ingame heads for them have hair.  (It has been a long while, but I'm not sure there is a bald one.)

To avoid problems with PCs setting their ingame examine descriptions to include this, perhaps LORE should be revised?

This player should be informed of this:
http://www.layonara.com/character-submissions/115541-new-character-submission-ironhide.html

Dorganath

Re: Hairless halfgiants
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 08:51:36 pm »
I always thought that refered to body hair, as opposed to being bald.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 09:28:06 pm »
I always thought exactly the opposite, Dorg. <<;

MJZ

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 10:07:21 pm »
I assumed it meant body hair, as well. *shrugs*

Boxcar

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 10:44:43 pm »
The description on LORE for Half Giants states that they are totally hairless.

Leanthar (or maybe EdTheKet) would have to decide whether or not the racial description for Half Giants should be changed. I'll check with them.

So at the moment, it seems Tygular (the character submission) has an accurate description for a Half Giant character.

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 11:04:14 pm »
Agreed Boxcar....

Though I'd point out that it will be far easier to have the description apply to body hair only rather than finding 6 or so brand new bald half giant heads.

I'm not sure what's served by getting too caught up in this. I'd recommend the simplest solution here...but yes, whatever L and Ed have to say will be "the word."

Leanthar

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 11:12:55 pm »
I'm sorry this is not going to happen. It is never a good idea to change an IP due to the limitations an game engine. The description is accurate it is just the engine (and art assets) that limits it and that is not sufficient reason to change the half-giants. In truth they shouldn't even exist, we put them in to give options to players and nothing more.

Acacea

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 12:16:41 am »
In that case, isn't it more like you're changing IP to allow them to exist, just for the mechanical reason that you can (to give options), when you wouldn't normally? In which case changing the text line seems like less of a change than having them at all, hehe.

Boxcar

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 12:05:43 am »
I consider this closed. Moving to the Fixed Bugs forum.