The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Law of Layonara out of date - FIXED  (Read 287 times)

akata

Law of Layonara out of date - FIXED
« on: April 15, 2009, 03:45:02 am »
Was doing a Query on the law in layonara and stumbled on this.

Justicers:

Official senior representatives of the church of Toran, known as the Justicers, are appointed by the Divine Court, and are responsible for carrying out the will of the Judge and enforcing the law.
The Justicers are well versed in the law (often taught to them by the most devoted of Rofireins followers). The Justicers are beyond reproach, the best of the best that the church of Toran has to offer. Justicers are often chosen from among the veteran ranks of the Paladins, although they have been known to come from other bodies as well. Justicers have responsibilities for districts, traveling from town to town to dispense the justice of the court. The righteous standing of a Justicer is such that they are entrusted to hear trivial matters of law during their travels so that they might keep such matters from bogging down the Divine Court. They are also empowered, in times of crisis, to take charge of local authority and militia to see that law and order are maintained or restored. As the Justicers are to Judges, so too are Paladins to Justicers.

Powers Granted to Justicers:

Carry out the will of the Divine Court of Layonara in regards to punishment.
Apprehend any person believed to be guilty of a crime or wanted by the Divine Court.
Where immediate action is required or a representative of Rofirein cannot be contacted, sentence and execute punishment for minor crimes.
Take control of and direct local authorities where serious crimes are involved or social stability is in jeopardy.

LORE: The Law of Layonara

But as shown in the timeline, then it has been a few years since the Justicers were removed :)

In this year...

The part of the church of Toran known as the Justicers is removed from the church. They are taken in by the Rofireinites and form the Office of Marshalls

The following users thanked this post: Alatriel

Nehetsrev

Re: Law of Layonara out of date
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 07:41:44 am »
Hmm... I understood it that the Justiciers moved from Toran's Church to Rofireins, not that they were removed from operation entirely.  Did I mis-understand?

ycleption

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 04:40:26 pm »
My understanding is that the justicers themselves left and moved to Rofi's church, but that the actual institution is no more.

I thought this had come up before, but can't find the thread. I don't honestly know enough about the issue to fix it, maybe somebody else does and can write up appropriate replacement text.

As a note, this also affects the [lore]Toran[/lore] page.

Dezza

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 07:56:05 pm »
The Justicers were in fact disbanded from the Toranite Church as the history indicates. Some went their own way but the rest were accepted by the Rofireinites and formed part of the new Office of Marshalls.

The Office of Marshalls is part of the Office of the Principium presided over by the High Warden of the Principium, High Justiciar Ordolf Wolvinstar.

The Principium acts in the capacity of a watchdog keeping the faithful constantly aware that they must continually strive for justice, order and adherence to the ideals set out in the Charter of Law and by Rofirien himself.

Any Protector or Guardian of Justice in the service of Rofirein can apply for a position in the Office of Marshalls. Marshalls themselves hold a very high position within the Rofireinite faith and some are described as Zealots to the law and the Divine Court under the tenets of Rofirein.

EdTheKet

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 02:10:10 am »
This has the correct info:

http://forums.layonara.com/histories-content/91522-law-layonara.html

I thought it was put on LORE too, but I guess it wasn't!

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 12:46:17 pm »
Fixed by Ycleption. Moved to Fixed Bugs.

anything