The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Lore Character page updates?  (Read 299 times)

Cinnabar

Lore Character page updates?
« on: July 03, 2008, 09:52:54 am »
It looks like the pages for characters (mine and any others I've checked) stopped being updated sometime around June 17. Caerwyn's page was last updated when he last leveled; is this a change in policy or simply a problem to be addressed?

Thanks in advance for looking into this, and thanks for all you folks do each day for us.

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Lore Character page updates?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 05:08:50 pm »
Actually, if I remember right, those updates have to be done by hand. That is, Leanthar has to manually tell LORE to update, it's not automatic. Of course, if this is no longer the case, or if he has updated it since then, it could be another issue entirely.

Cinnabar

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 06:55:00 pm »
Prior to 6/17, they were being updated daily (about 6:30a CDT). That's what made me think it had been automatic, and that something in the software had failed. If it's manually done, I certainly don't mean to complain.

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 07:44:07 pm »
It should be automatic. Not sure why but it looks like the server reboot (when I did updates) caused the schedule to get out of wack. Give us some time please.

OneST8, please take a look at this.

OneST8

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 01:32:01 am »
This should be running properly again. (Sorry for the delayed response.)

Cinnabar

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 12:02:07 pm »
It seems to have gotten stuck again. Last update 7/19, usual time

Cinnabar

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 08:31:32 am »
just a polite bump, in case it got overlooked :)

Hellblazer

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 12:35:12 pm »
Sorry to say that the lore page is still not updating. Most of my chars have pages older than a month ago.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 02:53:26 pm »
Just reporting that the problem with the character update is still present..

OneST8

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 03:06:06 pm »
Just a quick note that since we moved servers around I haven't been able to find the time to properly set up the character update system again. I'm not sure when I will find the time but I'll try to get it done in the next week or two pending my free time.

Hellblazer

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 06:11:17 pm »
The funny part about this, is that even if it doesn't update the character page, when you can send a letter to someone, it is actually able to see the bank account of one of my char, that is not yet accessible through the character page.

anything