The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Minotaur cave on dragon islands  (Read 168 times)

AeonBlues

Minotaur cave on dragon islands
« on: March 25, 2007, 07:56:12 pm »
I am very sorry that I did not record the name of this cave.  The cave is two or three areas away from the starting location from Vehl.

Problem: The Minotaur shamans are dumb.  What they do is cast a 1st level sanctuary spell, then they proceed to cast buff spells on them selves and try to heal them selves when damaged.  While exploring the cave today, I never saw a shaman do anything offensive.  A 1st level sanctuary is a weak spell, and they just killed too easily.

I recommend adjusting them somehow to be more potent adversaries.

I also would like to stress that to the best of my knowledge this place is NOT like the ruins of madness.  No one that I have ever seen or heard from is going there to farm XP.  The party I went there with today started out asking, "Do we want to go to Dregar or the Dragon Islands."  We went to the Dragon Islands for the good RP reason that no character in the party had gone there before.

AeonBlues

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Minotaur cave on dragon islands
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 09:12:24 pm »
More potent adversaries? Those little fellows hit HARD. Especially when the other monsters in there get you with their special ability.

The only real problem here is the caster's AI, which... I don't know if we can fix.

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 09:16:11 pm »
AI we blame on Bioware...BUT!....We fixed the casters in the Ruins of Madness back in V2... ;)

AeonBlues

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 10:07:10 pm »
Yah, I am hoping you can fix these guys, but not the way you did those guys.

Can you make them behave like troll shamans?  Troll shames are solid divine casters, that function well, and are challenging.  That would balance them good.

AeonBlues

An additional thought.  If you can't fix these shamans, then perhaps removing them or replacing them would be better then leaving them there.

We manage to spend several rounds beating down the front line before attacking the shamans, and they still didn't fire off any thing resembling an attack.  Mind you, I don't exactly give shamans a whole lot of time to get their act together, but they seem like harmless dead weight to this minotaur tribe.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 06:49:03 am »
These guys don't need Implosion. ;_;

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 06:58:01 am »
I personally think it's fine... A well-built team can easily take down the minotaurs, but I remember getting slaughtered down there before too. I prefer is the spellcasters are going to be changed, they're just removed. We had nine people in that group the most recent time you're talking about, Aeon, so yeah it was easy then...But heh, I remember when Tath, Vinden, Zergon, and Kinai went down there. It was like a death wish.

mumbles

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 07:18:48 am »
I think it all comes down to balance again ,what they are casting at the moment is far from being balanced , but then again if they start throwing implosions at you like some minotour shamans do ,espicially when you have to make a fort save with a a DC of around 29 or your dead i feel that wouled be way over the top ....

Maybe if there was away to alow them start casting Hammers of the gods or something along that lines i think it would even it up a little , something in line with the old troll shamans ...

Just and idea not to sure if its possible

Leanthar

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 01:58:29 pm »
Spells updated for next version. No idea if it will be 'better' but I think it is and I don't think it will be too much.