The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: New character halfgiant --- appears as halforc  (Read 127 times)

Anodynes

• Followers of Grannoch
    • View Profile
New character halfgiant --- appears as halforc
« on: May 12, 2006, 04:54:36 am »
The character "Raknur" was approved for play in your specific forum.  I went in and created the character but I did not pay attention to the minimum stats... in the short version of it, the character was booted because of stats issue ... one stat below 6 after sub race modification.

I exited out and then back into NWN; I tried to recreate the character using the same name.  The system allowed me to do so, I entered game, no trouble. I walked around some and several autosaves occurred.  I logged out.

I came back later and found that the original character with the illegal stat below 6 was what is in the server vault.  The second attempt to create and save the character is gone.

So, seems I need to ask the DM team to delete the bic file so I can start all over.
character: Raknur
Gamespy name: courageandsteel

EDIT 05/13 ... see below... character usable but not the right appearance

Dorganath

RE: New character is invalid... can't over write it
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 06:10:22 am »
Looks like you made 6 attempts at this character.
  I've cleared them out of the vault, so you should be able to create a new character with the proper specs without a problem.

Anodynes

• Followers of Grannoch
    • View Profile
Re: New character is invalid... can't over write it
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 09:10:13 am »
thank you!

Anodynes

• Followers of Grannoch
    • View Profile
RE: New character halfgiant --- appears as halforc
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 03:34:29 pm »
I am still having problems.  First, thanks for clearing out my vault.  I went in last night and made the character.  It went through and adjusted his stats, but his physical set appearance never changed to that of ogre model.  He still looks like a half orc.  I explored around, earned some exp and got some gold.  I logged off.

This morning I got on, the character was there... experience showed up still, exp needed to make level 2 was 2500 (which seems right for ECL 3 half giant).  But the stats were not correct. I tried resting adn then stats adjusted properly to Halfgiant.

however, character still looks half orc and not half giant.  Can someone fix this?

Dorganath

Re: New character halfgiant --- appears as halforc
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 03:50:35 pm »
When you first appeared in Hlint, did you rest, log out and log back in as directed by the statue at the end of Memory Lane?  Your subrace skin gets properly applied after you complete that sequence.

Ask for a GM in-game though and your appearance can be set to one of the new half-giant appearances.

Anodynes

• Followers of Grannoch
    • View Profile
Re: New character halfgiant --- appears as halforc
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 04:17:08 am »
A friendly DM/GM did take care of this for me in-game. I think you can close this report. Thanks!