The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: New GM XP wand.  (Read 47 times)

Lalaith Va'lash

New GM XP wand.
« on: March 25, 2007, 04:03:51 pm »
Posting in case this is bugged:

I'm not sure if its bugged, or working as intended.  But if it is intended I'm curious to know what it is doing.

On a the last couple quests Kali has been on, when the GM used the XP wand at the end, I've noticed that Kali wasn't receiving all the XP that was given.  In the case yesterday she was given 11,660 XP, while only gaining 9328 of it.

Screen shot attached.

For a character that was level 10 for over a year ;)  that 2000+ xp difference from yesterday, and the even bigger difference from Friday night, is huge.

Kindo

Re: New GM XP wand.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 04:07:48 pm »
It might be the multi-classing penalty that's kicking in. If none of your classes is your race's favoured class, you receive a penalty if your classes are more than one level apart from each other, causing you to gain a certain percentage less experience points than what the system messages tell you. I believe it is 20% less, in fact. (Humans and Half-Elves are not affected by this.) Seeing how it says that Kali is an Elf, and has reached Level 3 in her Rogue class, and Level 8 in her Bard class, she will always receive less experience points in whatever she does. To prevent this, you must even the levels out more. If you were a Level 5 Rogue and Level 6 Bard, for example, you would receive the full amount.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 04:34:01 pm »
Nice catch Kindo!  You get a cookie!

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 04:42:01 pm »
There are a few other quirks in the XP wand that are being addressed for the next update, including the need for some more accurate math for fractional hours...which can potentially cause disprepancies.

The multi-class XP penalty shouldn't apply to XP that's granted directly like that. It would apply to XP from kills and things though.

Blackguy

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 04:22:35 pm »
Bug Report

Descrition:
The XP wand does not give out direct XP to people suffering from multiclass penalties. It takes into account the penalty and awards them thereafter.

Verified:
 Yes, by screenshot

Reproducable:  Yes by others, but not by myself.

anything