The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Pale Master Caster Level - FIXED  (Read 274 times)

Script Wrecked

Pale Master Caster Level - FIXED
« on: March 29, 2009, 07:28:38 am »
From the [LORE]Pale Master[/LORE] Lore page, it states:

[INDENT]"Warning: the pale master's caster level only increases by 1 every 2 levels, so a level 10 wizard/ level 30 pale master would have caster level 25 (10 + 30/2), compared to caster level 40 for a level 40 wizard. This is sometimes a considerable disadvantage."[/INDENT]

However, in stock standard NWN, the Pale Master level does not contribute to the caster level(1), as attested to by this post:

[INDENT]"Pale master levels augment spell slots, but otherwise do not affect spellcasting. Thus, a level 10 sorcerer / 19 pale master has the same spells per day as a level 20 sorcerer, but has a caster level of only 10 and only knows as many spells as a level 10 sorcerer."[/INDENT]

This is borne out by the (quick) testing I have done of the GetCasterLevel() function.

So, my question is, has there been any Layonara specific modifications to somehow incorporate the Pale Master level into the caster level, or does the Lore entry require updating?

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

[SIZE=10](1) This seems to be a misconception confused with the fact the Spellcaster gets new spells every other Pale Master level.[/SIZE]

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Xiaobeibi

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Pale Master Caster Level
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 01:03:34 pm »
*has the same question*

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 01:13:27 pm »
The code agrees with the latter, but I think we're going to make it agree with the former for the next update.

Stay tuned.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 12:56:02 pm »
As per the 3.2 update, the current LORE description of Pale Masters with regard to caster level is correct, so I'm moving this to Fixed Bugs.

anything