The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Paperboy does not Deliver  (Read 162 times)

Gulnyr

Paperboy does not Deliver
« on: August 25, 2007, 12:09:31 am »
Description: Friday night (EDT), I saw Bumblebee approach the paperboy in Port Hempstead and ask how many papers were left.  The paperboy reported 28, I think, and I was happy the system was being used.  During a break in conversation, Jennara went to the paperboy and asked for a copy, which cost 50gp.  After the transaction, Jennara had lost 50gp, but did not receive a paper.

The paperboy script seems to work correctly except that the buyer receives no paper.

I don't believe this is directly related to the paperboy selling healing kits bug.

Verified:

Reproducable: I only tried once, and didn't notice immediately that I hadn't gotten a paper.

LynnJuniper

Re: Paperboy does not Deliver
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 12:25:08 am »
That's weird, I clicked the paper boy right after Bumblebee talked to him, and got a paper.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 12:44:06 am »
I got one too

Skywatcher

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 03:28:05 am »
I tried to buy a paper just a bit ago and the boy took my money but no paper.  I did see a paper that another character got from the paper boy earlier so he was working before but seems to have run out of copies.  He doesn't seem to have a problem with running away with people's money though.  I am telling Trent.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 07:18:19 am »
I am guessing that a reset of west server has caused him to lose the ability to sell papers.  Not sure why this would be unless the paper itself is not persistent, just the title of it?

I'll go empty his inventory so no one loses more gold.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 07:55:52 am »
In looking at the screenshot, the paperboy isn't saying the title of what he has for sale either.  This means that the paper is not persistent at all between resets.  The number of copies left available and the gold owed is persistent.

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 09:14:05 am »
Thank you PnP.  The server was indeed reset yesterday.

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 12:21:12 pm »
I think I see the problem and barring something funky, this should be fixed in the next patch.