The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Server Crash - Chest Open  (Read 247 times)

Talan Va'lash

Server Crash - Chest Open
« on: May 24, 2005, 06:54:00 pm »
The server just crashed about 60 seconds ago and... unfortunately, I had my "raw materials" chest open and was in the process of taking things in and out.

I couldnt get a screen shot, as when it crashes (at least with the housing containers) it no longer loads the graphics in the pages when you scroll through.  All I have is a shot of what I had just taken in and out.

I'm not sure what I may end up with on me when I log in, so I'm not sure entirely what i lost, but I wanted to post this in a timely manner.  Also, I may have a few things duplicated.

Below is a list of the things that were important to me that were in the chest:

5 nuggets of cobalt
2 ingots of silver (just put them in so may have them on my person)
1 ingot of platinum
1 nugget of platinum
3 branches of mahogany
2 rainbow looking essences (no idea what they are they were lals)
2 green colored essences, i think essences of cure
2 sets of oak missile shafts (i guess i dont really care about these, just remembered them because I was taking them out to use them.)

I had also just put in about 10 ingots of platinum, which may still be on talan.

Anyway, I'll see what I still have and get back.

Talan Va'lash

RE: Server Crash - Chest Open
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 07:04:00 pm »
Allright, I have the platinum I wasnt sure about, still lost a little of it though, and I dont have the silver that I thought I might have.  So, here my updated list of the things I lost that I think are important.

5 nuggets of cobalt
2 ingots of silver
1 ingot of platinum
1 nugget of platinum
3 branches of mahogany
2 essence of cure

and 2 rainbow colored essesnces if that is specific enough, if not, its fine.

I had the iron longsword with rod II duplicated.  So, when this is resolved whoever does it can grab that off me.

Thanks Rhiz (this is your department right?)

-TV

vgn

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 07:46:00 pm »
No decisions from me, leave all that to Rhiz, but the mystery essense is Essense of Power.

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 08:17:00 pm »
Just one ingot and nugget of Plat?  as soon as I get my new computer in the mail, Bjorn and Talan gotta do some serious mining! ;)

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 11:18:00 pm »
Heh, nah, I ended up with the rest of it on Talan when I logged back in to check.  Thats only what I lost. :P

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 03:55:00 am »
Essence of power is yellow and red I thought. 
  This was the really rainbow essence.. I think essence of knowledge or maybe it was essence of cunning..
  I can check sometime, I am sure there are more in another chest. 

Rhizome

• Druids
    • Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 08:28:00 am »
These things happen.  The best we can do is to take preventative measures to keep the losses minimal and to document them when it happens.  Of course such losses should be compensated, and being able to do so swiftly and relatively trouble free is the effect of having a trustworthy community.
  Contact me or another GM in game to have the above items returned to you.  Thank you for your prompt and thorough attention to the issue.
  Rhizome

EdTheKet

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 03:23:00 pm »
Rhizome - 5/25/2005 5:28 PM   Contact me or another GM in game to have the above items returned to you.  Thank you for your prompt and thorough attention to the issue.
  Rhizome

Items returned.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 04:22:00 pm »
Thanks Ed and Rhiz.

Leanthar

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 04:40:00 pm »
Thanks Ed.

anything