The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Set Trap skill?  (Read 361 times)

Warchild214

Set Trap skill?
« on: May 02, 2010, 11:40:54 am »
I went to play around with a few traps today and when I went to place the trap is said "I cannot do that"?  I went to look in my skills tab, and realized that "Set Trap" skill is not even listed as a skill?  never noticed it before, because never thought about putting points into it until now.  I do have "Disable Trap" skill and have 5pts in that.  I reviewed this and Leaf should be able to I would think?  a bug in my character sheet or am I missing something?

Rowana

Re: Set Trap skill?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 12:06:29 pm »
Could you provide the name of your character (link to it on LORE would be really great) so that this could be looked into? Thanks.
~row

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 12:10:03 pm »
Because Set Trap requires training, until you put a point in to it you cannot gain any attribute, feat, item or synergy bonuses.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 12:41:28 pm »
Yep, that's correct, I had to take one point in open lock so a character of mine could open locks, so I imagine set traps works the same way.

Kenderfriend

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 02:36:08 pm »
I think Gilshem is spot on here... Kepp has a few points in Set Trap, but Disabling isnt even on the list for her since I didnt put any ranks in it... she's too clumsy to not set them off. ;)

Warchild214

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 06:09:18 pm »
not sure if this is what you are looking for?  let me know if not.

Thanks Row

Yea, i figured I could not use the trap because I had no skill points in setting it.  Thanks for the feedback.

Rowana

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 06:36:12 pm »
That's what we were looking for. Without the name/lore sheet that makes it hard to give a definitive answer.

What the others have said is correct. You've not actually trained the skill and so don't have any ability with it. If I remember correctly nearly all rogue skills are "trained," meaning you don't get them automagically through the stats and or synergy from other skills without that official ability point(s) put in.

~row

cbnicholson

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 06:56:00 pm »
Gil's exactly right, without putting ranks into set traps you won't be able to set any traps regardless of gear.  Poor Ben never did learn. :p
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Warchild214

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 06:35:01 am »
I made 12th level last night  :)

All seems good again?  I went to level up and the "Set Trap" tab was there to add points to.  I also noticed that "Set Trap" shows on my PC skills tab sheet now.  Do not know if you already investigated and changed it Row, but if you did, Thanks!

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 08:26:26 am »
Nope, it showed up because you put points in it. We didn't edit your character or fix anything.

Glad you got it resolved, though.

Warchild214

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 03:47:42 pm »
O I see now.  Thanks for the clarification Dorg ;)

anything