The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Shelf not in the same position as turned, when server is restarted.  (Read 141 times)

Hellblazer

Where: 195 wayfare

Bioware: Fehriel

Char :Fehriel Cailomel

My book shelf gets turn around each time the server restart and it leaves the access to our back shop open to any one.

Verified: yes

Reproducible: I'm sure it can be done since it keeps happening.

Dorganath

Shelf not in the same position as turned, when server is restart
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 11:33:29 pm »
Try destroying it and replacing it.  Let me know if the next reset changes anything. Also be absolutely sure it's where you think it is when the server resets.  Sometimes it's a mundane thing.

Lastly...it's an old warning that no one ever reads anymore...It used to be necessary to exit the house, close and re-open the door and re-enter the house before furniture could be easily adjusted.

Take some time and check these things out.  Honestly though, it sounds quirky and random enough to not be easily solved, especially considering that 99.99% of all furniture on the server loads in the proper place and orientation every time.  Try the above and do so with some care to try and see if a) it can be narrowed down or b) it can be prevented.

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 12:04:54 am »
It used to be fine before. It started to do that in the last two months. And its not a minute thing, it's an actual 90 degree difference in positioning. I will try what you asked next time I'm in game.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 12:11:39 am »
Not sure what to tell you.  Nothing has changed in the last 2 months (i.e. no updates), so whatever it is, it's probably caused by and alleviated by something in-game.

It could be as simple as a hiccup when saving the position and rotation back to the database, which could be completely random.

But, hopefully with some experimentation (which I admit may take a long time), something can be determined, at least perhaps on how to alleviate it if it does happen.