The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: 2 Players 1 Computer  (Read 140 times)

OldBear

• The Angels Guild
    • Followers of Aeridin
    • Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
2 Players 1 Computer
« on: November 27, 2006, 03:33:14 pm »
There are two of us sharing a computer and now both are playing here in Layo.  The problem is the second player while he made up a new sign in and registration for the forum and also has a differant sign in for the game, is showing up under my name for Lore.  Is there some way around this so that even though we share the same cd key, we can have sepparate lore accounts?  We don't play at the same time.

OneST8

Re: 2 Players 1 Computer
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 07:07:20 pm »
I'm really sorry to report but the problem is that when you each play the game, the servers think you're both the same person because of the CD Key being the same. The only wany around this without having to buy a whole new computer is to purchase a new copy of NwN and it's expansion packs (I think it's pretty darn cheap by now). Don't install the second game, all you need from it are the CD Keys. Simply go into your existing neverwinter nights installation directory and you'll find an nwncdkey.ini file. Make a backup of that file then open the original up and change the CD Keys to the new ones you've purchased. Now start up the game, login, and go rest somewhere (and play too if you like :P ) so that your character gets updated with the new CD Key info. When the other person wants to play, simply rename the nwncdkey.ini and put the backed-up one back. Switching between the two shouldn't be *too* bad of a nuissance considering it's cheaper than a new PC.

Hope that helps!

Hellblazer

RE: 2 Players 1 Computer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 10:52:49 pm »
Simpler. Create a new xp user account.  Make a back up of all the NWN player files. Uninstall the game. Reinstall your game telling the game not to install for all users. Imput your cd key. and put your player files back where they were. This is to ensure you keep your journal intact (what ever notes you took in teh journal while in the game)
  Go buy an other copy of the dimond set box. Go into the newly created account for the other player, install the game in a diferent folder, telling it not to install for all users, enter the new cd keys.
  Now you have twice the game installed with the two diferent cd keys. Do the first step that was told to you previously as to save his player under the new cd key and voila.
  When the other player will want to play he will only have to go onto his account, there wont be the change to one file and back to the other when ever you two want to play.

OldBear

• The Angels Guild
    • Followers of Aeridin
    • Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 08:13:16 am »
Thanks for the information.  Upon futher consideration, I think we will just live with the problem unless it causes management here at Layo a problem.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 12:34:06 pm »
OldBear - 11/28/2006 11:13 AM Thanks for the information. Upon futher consideration, I think we will just live with the problem unless it causes management here at Layo a problem.
 It's doubtful. An ex of mine made a character here with a new account a long while ago, and it shows up on my Lore.

anything